• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What does it take?

What does it take to be spirtual being?

• Belief is enough

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Everyone are spiritual beings

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • It take dedication and daily practice

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
They suffer because we do not live in a world of peace where $trillions go to manufacture weapons of war instead of helping the poor. So we do nothing and allow wars to continue? So the oppressed and innocent victims it’s their fault they suffer? I dont buy that. That’s just pure cruelty to assume it’s their karma and leave our fellow humans to suffer don’t you think?
I did not say it as a bad thing, but as you know Buddhists do find that karma leads to suffering, Not only from this lifetime. But as I stated, it can be other things too. An example can be that human beings have become so immoral that they do not see what is wrong in wars, they do not see that harming others actually harm them self.

Greed is a very big problem in our society today, and to be rich and powerful is what people seeking. this is why Buddhists letting go of attachments to this physical world (physical ownership in things) because we do not see them as permanent, so there is no need to hold on to them.
Karma is cause of wrong action, wrong speech, wrong thoughts. and from this human beings do experience suffering.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
I did not say it as a bad thing, but as you know Buddhists do find that karma leads to suffering, Not only from this lifetime. But as I stated, it can be other things too. An example can be that human beings have become so immoral that they do not see what is wrong in wars, they do not see that harming others actually harm them self.

Greed is a very big problem in our society today, and to be rich and powerful is what people seeking. this is why Buddhists letting go of attachments to this physical world (physical ownership in things) because we do not see them as permanent, so there is no need to hold on to them.
Karma is cause of wrong action, wrong speech, wrong thoughts. and from this human beings do experience suffering.

I agree with much of what you say. Buddhists set a wonderful example of peace and non violence to the world but you know the saying united we stand divided we fall. I think that applies now to our world. Morals have become so bad as reminiscent of the fall of Rome and I don’t think we can assuage the detrimental effect on our societies without unity of all those who believe in morals and good character. Otherwise those who would bring the world down to the level of an animal are running and controlling everything, it’s time good people united with one voice to stop and got more involved in the discourse of society and had more say in how our world is run,

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I agree with much of what you say. Buddhists set a wonderful example of peace and non violence to the world but you know the saying united we stand divided we fall. I think that applies now to our world. Morals have become so bad as reminiscent of the fall of Rome and I don’t think we can assuage the detrimental effect on our societies without unity of all those who believe in morals and good character. Otherwise those who would bring the world down to the level of an animal are running and controlling everything, it’s time good people united with one voice to stop and got more involved in the discourse of society and had more say in how our world is run,
I do agree with you on this :)
I have noticed that when around people of good virtue the mind is very calm, and troubled people would be able to feel the calmness of a person and can benefit from it just by being close to mindful people. So maybe for those of us who do have a calm mind could be better in taking part in helping those i distress this i do see as a solution.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
I do agree with you on this :)
I have noticed that when around people of good virtue the mind is very calm, and troubled people would be able to feel the calmness of a person and can benefit from it just by being close to mindful people. So maybe for those of us who do have a calm mind could be better in taking part in helping those i distress this i do see as a solution.

Amanaki. You are always welcome in my home. My wife is Burmese and I lived in a Buddhist village for 5 years and visited the beautiful pagodas and spent time at a monastery learning meditation.

Workman

UNIQUE
You can not know your full limit before you get there. To attain wisdom only show you up to the wisdom level you currently are at, but there is a lot more wisdom to attain even we do not see it.

You said, "It wasn’t until after death of my spirit.." What do you mean here? If a spirit died, are you then not gone?
do you know how it feels when you know inner Peace?
After my death!..it started all over again and this time I learned from it!
I studied God..because I knew my old self was wrong(I chose not to know God).
So more I knew.. more I felt!
Now I have got this amazing feeling..
Inner peace is a different kind of living..it’s nearly similar to being death..like having no emotions and no reaction to anything..I cannot explain it..but I can tell you my lacking of counting, I don’t have questions in my living, I don’t know what day I’m in nor follow time with it..my love is so strong that I only do the hard way of doings just to prove that there none!.and more of..but I do respect your opinion..and understanding.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
do you know how it feels when you know inner Peace?
After my death!..it started all over again and this time I learned from it!
I studied God..because I knew my old self was wrong(I chose not to know God).
So more I knew.. more I felt!
Now I have got this amazing feeling..
Inner peace is a different kind of living..it’s nearly similar to being death..like having no emotions and no reaction to anything..I cannot explain it..but I can tell you my lacking of counting, I don’t have questions in my living, I don’t know what day I’m in nor follow time with it..my love is so strong that I only do the hard way of doings just to prove that there none!.and more of..but I do respect your opinion..and understanding.
Yes i do know inner peace from many years of meditation i only think when needed. (no excess thoughts)

Workman

UNIQUE
You said, "It wasn’t until after death of my spirit.." What do you mean here? If a spirit died, are you then not gone?
The spirit is the desire from the mind..is part of what makes your personality of who you are..

I lived another life as another personality in my old self..

But I was a skeptic type that read every little sign..I learn as I go, but the problem was in my old self..I knew some choices I made were wrong but I went along with it..made a lot of mistakes..maybe more than anyone here!

The more problems I made..it all exploded on me..that corrupted my feelings..I made two Choices from it; suicide..or my loved ones..I chose love..that was my rebirth!..into making another person of myself..and this is whom I am now.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
The spirit is the desire from the mind..is part of what makes your personality of who you are..

I lived another life as another personality in my old self..

But I was a skeptic type that read every little sign..I learn as I go, but the problem was in my old self..I knew some choices I made were wrong but I went along with it..made a lot of mistakes..maybe more than anyone here!

The more problems I made..it all exploded on me..that corrupted my feelings..I made two Choices from it; suicide..or my loved ones..I chose love..that was my rebirth!..into making another person of myself..and this is whom I am now.
When you say spirit. Is it ego/ self you mean?
But yes to become free from attachments to this world one must let go of Ego/self.

As long we learn from our mistakes and do not repeat them, then we gain wisdom :)

Workman

UNIQUE
When you say spirit. Is it ego/ self you mean?
Ego is from the mind reacting to your being(spirit)
As long we learn from our mistakes and do not repeat them, then we gain wisdom :)
This my friend is true..but I come to a different understanding for its use in myself..which doesn’t affect Gods own..but against its enemy..its the intention of the doings are its use.. don’t believe everything that you see..one cannot see my insides at work..
The ones that hurt, are the same ones that will give.
Have one not been hurt before, by whom? And why for? But now one has forgiven its enemy for let them be!...with be of the same to others?

I have my inner Peace as my defence!..for I can do..without being emotional about it..nor I don’t react to it..I can think straight through hate..because I have none.

Last edited: