• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Does It Take To Be A Christian?

RESOLUTION

You are saying just what I said: "A child of God does not deliberately carry on sinning."

Not at all... we are both repeating what John said in the letters he wrote. Emphasizes on the word 'deliberately'.

What is taught by another comes from another's oil. Everyone must have their own supply.

jcforever

I think it takes four attributes to be a Christian:

1. One must know the religion.
2. One must understand the religion.
3. One believe the religion.
4. And one must do the religion.

And I believe that obtaining these four attributes is very hard to do.

It's very easy to be religious but it's impossible to be "reborn spiritually" unless you hear the voice of the Lord speaking commands into your mind.

Revelation 3:
20: Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if any one hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me.

Most Christians have never heard the voice of God so they don't learn who they are in Him.

RESOLUTION

It's very easy to be religious but it's impossible to be "reborn spiritually" unless you hear the voice of the Lord speaking commands into your mind.

Revelation 3:
20: Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if any one hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me.

Most Christians have never heard the voice of God so they don't learn who they are in Him.

Jesus Christ forever,
Do you believe that all who believe God raised Jesus from the dead are saved?

jcforever

Jesus Christ forever,
Do you believe that all who believe God raised Jesus from the dead are saved?

Yes. I also know that all the dead will hear the voice of God and that all created men are saved from their flesh as it perishes.

John 5:
25: "Truly, truly, I say to you, the hour is coming, and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear will live.
26: For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son also to have life in himself,
27: and has given him authority to execute judgment, because he is the Son of man.
28: Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming when all who are in the tombs will hear his voice.

Isaiah 45:
20: "Assemble yourselves and come, draw near together, you survivors of the nations! They have no knowledge who carry about their wooden idols, and keep on praying to a god that cannot save.
21: Declare and present your case; let them take counsel together! Who told this long ago? Who declared it of old? Was it not I, the LORD? And there is no other god besides me, a righteous God and a Savior; there is none besides me.
22: "Turn to me and be saved, all the ends of the earth! For I am God, and there is no other.
23: By myself I have sworn, from my mouth has gone forth in righteousness a word that shall not return: `To me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.'
24: "Only in the LORD, it shall be said of me, are righteousness and strength; to him shall come and be ashamed, all who were incensed against him.
25: In the LORD all the offspring of Israel shall triumph and glory."

Titus 2:11
11: For the grace of God has appeared for the salvation of all men,

I Timothy 4:10
10: For to this end we toil and strive, because we have our hope set on the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of those who believe.

RESOLUTION

Yes. I also know that all the dead will hear the voice of God and that all created men are saved from their flesh as it perishes.

John 5:
25: "Truly, truly, I say to you, the hour is coming, and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear will live.
26: For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son also to have life in himself,
27: and has given him authority to execute judgment, because he is the Son of man.
28: Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming when all who are in the tombs will hear his voice.

Isaiah 45:
20: "Assemble yourselves and come, draw near together, you survivors of the nations! They have no knowledge who carry about their wooden idols, and keep on praying to a god that cannot save.
21: Declare and present your case; let them take counsel together! Who told this long ago? Who declared it of old? Was it not I, the LORD? And there is no other god besides me, a righteous God and a Savior; there is none besides me.
22: "Turn to me and be saved, all the ends of the earth! For I am God, and there is no other.
23: By myself I have sworn, from my mouth has gone forth in righteousness a word that shall not return: `To me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.'
24: "Only in the LORD, it shall be said of me, are righteousness and strength; to him shall come and be ashamed, all who were incensed against him.
25: In the LORD all the offspring of Israel shall triumph and glory."

10: For to this end we toil and strive, because we have our hope set on the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of those who believe.
What is the difference between YOU and those Christians you say:

"Most Christians have never heard the voice of God so they don't learn who they are in Him."

Does everyone grow at the same spiritual growth rate?

Christ says " Not all who say 'Lord', 'Lord' he will say " Go away, I never knew you"

Being saved is doing as Christ did... Obeying his teachings to love God and love others.
He says those who believe in him will do as he does, but he also says, " if you Love me obey my commandments"

It is in obeying Christs commandments that we come to know both the Father and Son.
It is in him we are baptized with the Spirit. So the only difference there can be is knowing the Father and the Son or not knowing them. Do you agree?

jcforever

What is the difference between YOU and those Christians you say:

Most Christians have never been "reborn" in the spirit of God so when they read and study the Bible, they don't have any connection with God to teach them the true interpretations of the prophecies.

Does everyone grow at the same spiritual growth rate?

Only God chooses who he is going to use for his purpose during this temporary generation. Only a few are chosen to be prophets, apostles and servants who are used to testify to the knowledge of Christ or chosen as a believer who will listen to the gospel of God.

Christ says " Not all who say 'Lord', 'Lord' he will say " Go away, I never knew you"

Yes. That's most Christians who aren't reborn in the spirit of God. Only those who were chosen as a believer or servant who testifies to the knowledge of Christ know who God is.

Being saved is doing as Christ did... Obeying his teachings to love God and love others.
He says those who believe in him will do as he does, but he also says, " if you Love me obey my commandments"

Yes, but only if God chose those created men to participate in his gospel.

It is in obeying Christs commandments that we come to know both the Father and Son.
It is in him we are baptized with the Spirit. So the only difference there can be is knowing the Father and the Son or not knowing them. Do you agree?

Only the chosen one's get to know God. Most people who read and study the Bible are kept from knowing Him.

Romans 11:
3: "Lord, they have killed thy prophets, they have demolished thy altars, and I alone am left, and they seek my life."
4: But what is God's reply to him? "I have kept for myself seven thousand men who have not bowed the knee to Ba'al."
5: So too at the present time there is a remnant, chosen by grace.
6: But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works; otherwise grace would no longer be grace.
7: What then? Israel failed to obtain what it sought. The elect obtained it, but the rest were hardened,
8: as it is written, "God gave them a spirit of stupor, eyes that should not see and ears that should not hear, down to this very day."

Those who aren't elected will not get to know God during this temporary generation. All the rest of God's created men will have to wait until after the day of the Lord to hear His voice and obey all his commandments.

RESOLUTION

Most Christians have never been "reborn" in the spirit of God so when they read and study the Bible, they don't have any connection with God to teach them the true interpretations of the prophecies.

Only God chooses who he is going to use for his purpose during this temporary generation. Only a few are chosen to be prophets, apostles and servants who are used to testify to the knowledge of Christ or chosen as a believer who will listen to the gospel of God.

Yes. That's most Christians who aren't reborn in the spirit of God. Only those who were chosen as a believer or servant who testifies to the knowledge of Christ know who God is.

Yes, but only if God chose those created men to participate in his gospel.

Only the chosen one's get to know God. Most people who read and study the Bible are kept from knowing Him.

Romans 11:
3: "Lord, they have killed thy prophets, they have demolished thy altars, and I alone am left, and they seek my life."
4: But what is God's reply to him? "I have kept for myself seven thousand men who have not bowed the knee to Ba'al."
6: But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works; otherwise grace would no longer be grace.
7: What then? Israel failed to obtain what it sought. The elect obtained it, but the rest were hardened,
8: as it is written, "God gave them a spirit of stupor, eyes that should not see and ears that should not hear, down to this very day."

Those who aren't elected will not get to know God during this temporary generation. All the rest of God's created men will have to wait until after the day of the Lord to hear His voice and obey all his commandments.

Are you a Jehovah's Witness?

RESOLUTION

Not one Jehovah's Witness knows who God is or why He uses servants to testify during the millennium reign of Christ.
It doesn't work with me. You want to discuss something of the truth that is fine. But I don't play games. The truth is given me by the LORD, if you want to question anything I say, that is fine but don't play games they are for the unlearned.

jcforever

It doesn't work with me. You want to discuss something of the truth that is fine. But I don't play games. The truth is given me by the LORD, if you want to question anything I say, that is fine but don't play games they are for the unlearned.

I'm not playing any games. Not one JW knows who God is.

jcforever

Give the proof. You see I have no allegiance to JW's But I do know that what people believe about wrong and right are not necessarily something which cuts them off from salvation.

All created men in the image of God are saved.

John 5:

RESOLUTION

Hi JCforever,

Romans 10:6-7
6 But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above:)

7 Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.)

Matthew 27:51-54.

51 And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;

52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,

53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

54 Now when the centurion, and they that were with him, watching Jesus, saw the earthquake, and those things that were done, they feared greatly, saying, Truly this was the Son of God.

John 3:16,For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son that whosoever believeth on him
should not perish but have eternal life.

Some at the moment of his death were resurrected there and then. It isn't for us to judge here and now who will ascend into heaven or into the deep. You gave me passages but nothing that says anything about sects being condemned even though they believe Jesus is the Son of God. It is belief in Christ which brings eternal life. Some will enjoy eternal life and others eternal disgrace. But that is not for us to decide. We are t love God and love others. The truth saves and all men must be born of Spirit and Truth. So unless you can elaborate using those scriptures and making sure proof of what you claim how can you hope to justify what you believe?

jcforever

Hi JCforever,

Romans 10:6-7
6 But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above:)

7 Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.)

Matthew 27:51-54.

51 And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;

52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,

53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

54 Now when the centurion, and they that were with him, watching Jesus, saw the earthquake, and those things that were done, they feared greatly, saying, Truly this was the Son of God.

John 3:16,For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son that whosoever believeth on him
should not perish but have eternal life.

Some at the moment of his death were resurrected there and then. It isn't for us to judge here and now who will ascend into heaven or into the deep. You gave me passages but nothing that says anything about sects being condemned even though they believe Jesus is the Son of God. It is belief in Christ which brings eternal life. Some will enjoy eternal life and others eternal disgrace. But that is not for us to decide. We are t love God and love others. The truth saves and all men must be born of Spirit and Truth. So unless you can elaborate using those scriptures and making sure proof of what you claim how can you hope to justify what you believe?

The story about the death and resurrection of Jesus that you read about in the New Testament came from the minds of the antichrist, not God's true servants. The New Testament is a mix of Jewish and other pagan traditions and doctrines along with some stolen words from God's true servants. They needed a visible god so they used Jesus as their god to worship.

Jesus was just a servant of God who started the millennium reign of Christ. Christ is the knowledge of God that is pure and eternal without the thoughts called Satan and the beast which is where the flesh of man came from.

When Jesus was birthed into the world, he had no idea who he was until God, the Father began speaking into his mind. The mind ( consciousness ) where the voice of God can be heard is where all the former prophets heard His voice. However, the former prophets weren't used by God to reveal the beast and why it was necessary to reveal the Tree of Life. The prophets wrote bits of the stories about the future called prophecies but us servants are used to write and speak the whole stories about the future. This is how we learn about the beast, the day of the Lord and how we'll experience life after the day of the Lord on the New Earth with a New Heaven. We also learn that man was created in the INVISIBLE image of God so we are ONE thing called the Word of God, or the Tree of Life.

Jesus learned everything that was revealed to me but they didn't have the modern technology available back then for Jesus to learn how he was created even though he learned that we all came from an INVISIBLE realm.

Jesus died by the Romans killing his body but the Spirit of God that was using his body to speak for Him remained as the Word of God, the Spirit which is the stored thoughts of our Creator.

Every person who read the New Testament has been deceived by the false prophets who wrote those words and produced them as books. All God's servants had to go through the process of confessing and repenting of their sins before they were prepared to write the words formed in their mind to get the basic knowledge about who they were in God before they were sent out to preach the true gospel of God. The process of confessing sins and repentance of them takes many years so Peter, who was next in line to preach the gospel of God went through this process for several years before he was prepared to start testifying to the words of Christ that formed in his mind.

We servants don't have to remember anything we read or listened to in the past. All we do is write or speak each word that forms in our mind from the knowledge of Christ called the Word of God, the Spiritual Kingdom of God. We continue to speak those words until the antichrist ( heathens ) are used to kill our bodies.

Psalm 79.
1. O God, the heathen have come into thy inheritance; they have defiled thy holy temple; they have laid Jerusalem in ruins.
2. They have given the bodies of thy servants to the birds of the air for food, the flesh of thy saints to the beasts of the earth.
3. They have poured out their blood like water round about Jerusalem, and there was none to bury them.

Revelation 6
9: When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain for the word of God and for the witness they had borne;
10: they cried out with a loud voice, "O Sovereign Lord, holy and true, how long before thou wilt judge and avenge our blood on those who dwell upon the earth?"
11: Then they were each given a white robe and told to rest a little longer, until the number of their fellow servants and their brethren should be complete, who were to be killed as they themselves had been.

All the prophets from Daniel on who came before Jesus were also killed by those religious Jews who rejected the gospel of God they were speaking.

Romans 11:

The antichrist ( heathens ) are the one's with the spirit of stupor who were blind and deaf to the gospel of God. They reported the servants of God to the Roman authorities and they were arrested, tried and killed. Most of them were beheaded for preaching the true gospel of God while Christians were allowed to preach their false gospels.

Christianity thrived while all God's servants were being killed so by the time the Roman Emperor Constantine came into power, Christianity was the main religion of the Roman Empire. Constantine announced Christianity as the main religion and that he was the first pope to succeed St. Peter. This liar was the one who helped establish Christianity and made sure that the servants of God were not proclaimed as true servants who were God's servants that were used during the first witness of the millennium reign of Christ. The Roman Catholics had no idea what the millennium reign of Christ was and that the Roman government had killed all the true servants who preached the true gospel of God.

The Vatican approved the New Testament that was written and produced by the religious heathens ( antichrist ) who were preaching false gospels with the stolen words from God's true servants.

RESOLUTION

I believe I was taught by God. The Word of God is a light to our feet and the truth is that God clearly told us that his words are life to us and health to our flesh.

The OT is the scriptures which God, Christ, The Prophets and the Disciples refer too.

Daniel refers to the end times.

I am not a Roman Catholic nor do I believe that church to be the Church of Christ or even down from the disciples.

The true Church is Spirit and Truth all the Prophets in the OT received the words from God through the Holy Spirit.

Zechariah 4:6
Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts.

God is in whom we trust.