• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What does it mean...?

Salty Booger

Royal Crown Cola (RC)
What does it mean in spiritual terms to "Awaken"?

pexels-cottonbro-5852466.jpg

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want

View attachment 50365
I could answer Oneness with God, But what does that mean :)
Awakening is a personal part of the "spiritual Journey" so to answer this question with what Awakening is to me, would maybe not resonate with others :)

Just rememeber, there is no path to awakening, You are already there, but to realize what "already there" means is the awakening it self to me :)

If you try to become enlighten/awaken you will remain in sleep. only when you let go of trying can it happen (in my understanding)

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
We are naturally locked into the state of believing only the physical body and physical world is real and that we are the body. We are stuck in that dream.

To awaken is to realize we are eternal consciousness beyond the physical. The physical is just a play/drama of consciousness.

While asleep, we believe the dream to be real. When we 'awake'. we realize it was just a dream and not the ultimate reality.

King Phenomenon

We are naturally locked into the state of believing only the physical body and physical world is real and that we are the body. We are stuck in that dream.

To awaken is to realize we are eternal consciousness beyond the physical. The physical is just a play/drama of consciousness.

While asleep, we believe the dream to be real. When we 'awake'. we realize it was just a dream and not the ultimate reality.
Gods far out
I’m far out
But when I stub my toe it’s real

Brickjectivity

Turned to Stone. Now I stretch daily.
Staff member
Premium Member
Its an analogy to waking up from sleep. Instead of putting forth no exertion and no thought, you exert and think. Instead of being minimally aware or unaware, you strive to listen, plan and act. Instead of doing nothing you do something. Instead of sliding down, you inch upward or around or to the side. When you are called you answer.

Hermit Philosopher

Selflessly here for you

View attachment 50365

Having strong Eureka-like experience(s) that remain(s) with you and change(s) your whole view on existence and your place in it.

Leading to a shift in perspective, with new values, priorities/choices, actions/reactions and general way of life.

Resulting in an increased sense of harmony within self and within those whom you encounter.

Humbly
Hermit

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
We are naturally locked into the state of believing...

Although I agree with your post for the most part, I'm not sure "naturally" is the word I'd use. Unless one considers ignorance of one's nature to be natural. ;)

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Having strong Eureka-like experience(s) that remain(s) with you and change(s) your whole view on existence and your place in it.

Leading to a shift in perspective, with new values, priorities/choices, actions/reactions and general way of life.

Resulting in an increased sense of harmony within self and within those whom you encounter.

Humbly
Hermit

Sounds to me like you're describing a spontaneous mystical experience.

While this is a very abrupt means to awaken, I'm not sure this is the only way to do so. I think for some it may be gradual...for many over several lifetimes.