• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What does it mean to live a good life?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
For me, it is experiencing and living in accordance with my dharma.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
The meaning of "good" for some may not be the same for others, what's it mean to you?
To me,
The fundamental moral principle is "We (living things, but especially humans) are all in this together. We are part of a vast, interconnected, web of existence. Attempting to satisfy your short term or narrowly instinctive interests, while degrading the overall human situation, isn't at all likely to be effective."

In simple terms, what is good for everyone is best for an individual. It's often referred to as "enlightened selfishness". Living a moral life is consistently the best bet for living a happy and fulfilled life, which is the goal for seriously selfish people like myself.
Tom

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
a life filled with and lived in loving your neighbor as yourself; whether friendly or unfriendly, unconditionally.
That was written very well. I would also add beauty and joy to loving kindness.

Jumi

Good life is to find out and accept who you are, living like you "were meant to" but it's also helping and protecting others. If you only live for yourself, it's like half is missing. If you only live for others, it's still a half missing...