• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What does it mean to be a “Son” or “Sons” of God”?

Soapy

Son of his Father: The Heir and Prince
There are a number of places in the Christian scriptures where the term, “Son of God” is used to identify a person who is not God.

Angels are called ‘Sons of God”
  1. “the sons of God saw that the daughters of humans were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose.” (Gen 6:2)
  2. “Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came among them.” (Job 2:1)
  3. “while the morning stars sang together and all the sons of God shouted for joy?” (Job 38:7)
  4. For you are all children of God through faith in Christ Jesus.” (Galatians 3:26)
  5. For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God.” (Romans 8:14)
  6. what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, ‘I am God’s Son’?” (John 10:36)
  7. “They all asked, “Are you then the Son of God?” He replied, “You say that I am.” (Luke 22:70)
  8. “Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.” (Matthew 16:16)
Point 4 and 5. rounds up the truth of who a ‘Son of God’ is, IMO.

Point 6. emphasises point 5., in that Jesus, in remonstrating with the Jews who FALSELY accused him of ‘claiming to be EQUAL TO God’ (which, strangely is not even a valid statement seeing that ‘EQUAL TO GOD’ is not the same as ‘BEING GOD’), emphatically denies that he made any such claim, saying that their and his God called men of the past, ‘Gods’ but yet he himself HAD ONLY SAID that he was “GOD’s Son”.
The next verse has Jesus DEFINING what it is to be ‘Son of God’:
  • “Do not believe me unless I do the works of my Father. But if I do them, even though you do not believe me, believe the works, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father.” (John 10: 37-38)
In Verse 36 Jesus clarifies that the Father, whom Jews also know as ‘God’, SET HIM APART, which is ‘Consecrated’, which is ‘Anojnted’. And we know this to be true because we believe in the baptism of Christ BY THE FATHER with the Holy Spirit:
  • “You know what has happened throughout the province of Judea, beginning in Galilee after the baptism that John preached—how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and power, and how he went around doing good and healing all who were under the power of the devil, because God was with him.“ (Acts 10:37-38)
It should be clear that a Son of God is ANYONE whether Spirit or Flesh, Angel or Man, who:
  • “Is led by the Spirit of holiness; the spirit of God; the Father’s Holy Spirit”
And hence, holy heavenly spirit angels are ‘Sons of God’ but since Jesus Christ is the only one of mankind who is currently completely being led by the Holy Spirit of the Father, he is rightly called, ‘Only Son of God’….

But we have the hope of also being adopted as ‘Sons of God’ because Jesus will send the spirit of God into our hearts if we truly believe that:
  • ‘The Father, … is the only true God, and that Jesus is our only Lord’
—————————————
What do you say and show your thoughts through verses and interpretations from the Christian scriptures.

Last edited:

Soapy

So it was a rhetorical question in the wake of which you hope to show us the way. It seems to me that the line between soapy and slippery is getting a bit thin. :)
I expressed MY opinion and requested responders post THEIRS:
  1. I asked a question
  2. I highlight my reasons for asking the question giving evidence of my thoughts on the topic
  3. I request views from responders giving their opinions with evidence from the common Christian scriptures source for the purpose of debating the topic
I have asked the question many times inter posts (other threads) but the question was largely ignored … and those that did respond simply said that ‘Son of God’ means JESUS was GOD (note: the suggestion that ONLY JESUS was called ‘Son of God’)

My aim was to set out what SCRIPTURES says AND declare that Jesus was not the only one called ‘Son of God’, therefore there must be a more general, generic, global, Spiritual, meaning… that’s what I hope will be honest, Holy Spirit-led responses, not just, ‘Jesus is God’!

Last edited:

74x12

It should be clear that a Son of God is ANYONE whether Spirit or Flesh, Angel or Man, who:
  • “Is led by the Spirit of holiness; the spirit of God; the Father’s Holy Spirit”
It's important to remember that Romans is an epistle written to the church; it's not just written to anyone at any time. But it's specifically to those who had already been baptized in the holy Spirit and are members of the new Testament. So it's not that simple. In fact Jesus says you must be born again. (John 3:3-5)
And hence, holy heavenly spirit angels are ‘Sons of God’ but since Jesus Christ is the only one of mankind who is currently completely being led by the Holy Spirit of the Father, he is rightly called, ‘Only Son of God’….
Yeah this is why I stick to the textus receptus because it makes it clear that Jesus is the only begotten Son of God not just any old Son of God. But specifically the begotten Son of God. And that is really important and brings me back to John 3:3-5. If you want to be like Jesus you also must be born of the Spirit of God. So we rightly know Jesus is not just the Son but the Father in truth.

It's just not correct to claim that angels for example are not led by the Spirit. Of course they are. And also the prophets of the old Testament were led by the Spirit of God but were not yet born of God because Jesus didn't come yet.
But we have the hope of also being adopted as ‘Sons of God’ because Jesus will send the spirit of God into our hearts if we truly believe that:
And how do we become the children of God indeed? Because as it is written God sends forth the Spirit of His SON into our hearts crying "abba Father" so then that means the Spirit of Jesus is the Spirit we are supposed to receive if we want to be the children of God.

And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. (Galatians 4:6)

And here is the real kicker. Even though Galatians 4:6 makes it really clear that we are supposed to receive the Spirit of the Son of God; yet in 1 Corinthians 12:13 it is made clear to us that we are baptized into one body by only one Spirit. And so there aren't two or three Spirits we are supposed to receive. In fact there is only one Spirit. This Spirit is called both the Spirit of your Father (matthew 10:20) and the Spirit of the Son. (galatians 4:6) Finally this is the holy Spirit. (Luke 11:13)

So then the truth is these three are one and the same. There is only one God and one Spirit you receive to become the children of God. This proves that Jesus is indeed God manifest.

PureX

Veteran Member
Jews in the time of Jesus lived in patriarchal family-clans. Authority rested entirely with the male head of the clan, but his sons were considered direct extensions of the patriarchs authority. To make an agreement with the son of a clan patriarch was considered exactly as binding as if it had been made with the patriarch, himself. And everyone in that society would have understood this, innately.

So when Jesus was claimed to be the "son of God", this statement was taken by many to be shocking, and even blasphemous. Because in that culture, such a statement implied that Jesus, the man, spoke and acted on behalf of and with the authority of God Himself (his presumed father).

Jeremiah Ames

There are a number of places in the Christian scriptures where the term, “Son of God” is used to identify a person who is not God.

1. “the sons of God saw that the daughters of humans were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose.” (Gen 6:2)
  2. “Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came among them.” (Job 2:1)
  3. “while the morning stars sang together and all the sons of God shouted for joy?” (Job 38:7)
  4. For you are all children of God through faith in Christ Jesus.” (Galatians 3:26)
  5. For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God.” (Romans 8:14)
  6. what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, ‘I am God’s Son’?” (John 10:36)
  7. “They all asked, “Are you then the Son of God?” He replied, “You say that I am.” (Luke 22:70)
  8. “Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.” (Matthew 16:16)

Point 6. emphasises point 5., in that Jesus, in remonstrating with the Jews who FALSELY accused him of ‘claiming to be EQUAL TO God’ (which, strangely is not even a valid statement seeing that ‘EQUAL TO GOD’ is not the same as ‘BEING GOD’), emphatically denies that he made any such claim, saying that their and his God called men of the past, ‘Gods’ but yet he himself HAD ONLY SAID that he was “GOD’s Son”.
  • “Do not believe me unless I do the works of my Father. But if I do them, even though you do not believe me, believe the works, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father.” (John 10: 37-38)
In Verse 36 Jesus clarifies that the Father, whom Jews also know as ‘God’, SET HIM APART, which is ‘Consecrated’, which is ‘Anojnted’. And we know this to be true because we believe in the baptism of Christ BY THE FATHER with the Holy Spirit:
  • “You know what has happened throughout the province of Judea, beginning in Galilee after the baptism that John preached—how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and power, and how he went around doing good and healing all who were under the power of the devil, because God was with him.“ (Acts 10:37-38)

—————————————
What do you say and show your thoughts through verses and interpretations from the Christian scriptures.

the list of 8 verses don’t all have the same meaning, for Son of God

Soapy

It's important to remember that Romans is an epistle written to the church; it's not just written to anyone at any time. But it's specifically to those who had already been baptized in the holy Spirit and are members of the new Testament. So it's not that simple. In fact Jesus says you must be born again. (John 3:3-5)
The question was about, effectively, ‘What is a justified definition of “Son of God”’?

But if being ‘born again’ is a prerequisite for being adopted as a Son of God, then all well and good… if this means that the person has a change of heart from their sinful ways and turn to being LED BY THE HOLY SPIRIT OF GOD.
Yeah this is why I stick to the textus receptus because it makes it clear that Jesus is the only begotten Son of God not just any old Son of God. But specifically the begotten Son of God. And that is really important and brings me back to John 3:3-5. If you want to be like Jesus you also must be born of the Spirit of God. So we rightly know Jesus is not just the Son but the Father in truth.
“Begotten”? What does that mean?

Oh, you mean:
  • “In the same way, Christ did not take on himself the glory of becoming a high priest. But God said to him, “You are my Son; today I have become your Father.” (Hebrews 5:5)
  • “And he says in another place, “You are a priest forever, in the order of Melchizedek. During the days of Jesus’ life on earth, he offered up prayers and petitions with fervent cries and tears to the one who could save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverent submission. Son though he was, he learned obedience from what he suffered and, once made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey him and was designated by God to be high priest in the order of Melchizedek.“ (Hebrews 5:6-10)
Do you agree that verse 5 pertains to an ADOPTION STATEMENT? A child being adopted, the male adult would say that to the child: ‘You are now my Son and I am now your Father”

When did this happen?
When did God say this to Jesus?
When did God designate Jesus as High Priest?

So, Jesus was … what’s that word you used? “Begotten Son of God”! Hmmm… doesn’t “Begotten” mean “Adopted” as well?

Oh, you don’t agree? (Sorry, I’m answering for you for a reason!)

Well what do you say about the runaway slave, Onesimus, who was ‘Begotten of apostle Paul’ (Philemon 1) even though Paul did not procreate Onesimus because Paul was in prison in chains and had no wife. Paul adopted (begot) Onesimus because Onesimus carried out the work Paul gave him to do in completeness and with joy: a True ‘Son’ (The scriptures are written to justify itself… Onesimus was led by the Spirit of the Holy Spirit coming through Paul, his adopted Father!)

And I know that the dictionary definition is ‘Uniquely born’… Ha! Who is more UNIQUELY BORN than ADAM???
Adam is THE FIRSTADAM’
Jesus is THE LASTADAM’!!!
It's just not correct to claim that angels for example are not led by the Spirit. Of course they are.
I did not say that Angels are not led by the spirit of God. … where did you get the idea that I would say that?
And also the prophets of the old Testament were led by the Spirit of God but were not yet born of God because Jesus didn't come yet.
Being born again is not contingent on Jesus Christ coming otherwise it would have been FUTILE for God to be seeking a saviour from among the descendants of Adam. [King] David almost fulfilled God’s desires (‘I have found my David’) but he sinned by killing a man in order to take that man’s wife as his own. Perhaps if David had not sinned he would have been the Son in time that Abraham foresaw!
And how do we become the children of God indeed? Because as it is written God sends forth the Spirit of His SON into our hearts crying "abba Father" so then that means the Spirit of Jesus is the Spirit we are supposed to receive if we want to be the children of God.
And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. (Galatians 4:6)
You are moving away from the point and purpose of this thread. I’m asking what it MEANS to be a ‘SON OF GOD’… The Spirit of Jesus is the SAME SPIRIT that is the Holy Spirit…. It means Jesus’ Spirit agrees with the Spirit of God: the Holy Spirit. And Jesus inspires us to have that same Spirit. As it says in Phil 2, ‘Have the same mind as Jesus…’ which is ‘Have the same SPIRIT as Jesus’.

The Spirit is not a single entity like an object. It is a STATE OF MIND:
  • “ being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind… have the same mindset as Christ Jesus…”
‘Sons of God’ would have one Spirit: one Godly state of mind and ALWAYS seeking to please their FATHER, ‘ABBA, Father, GOD; Yahweh!’:
  • “The one who sent me is with me; he has not left me alone, for I always do what pleases him.” (John 8:29)
And a true Son of God will:
  • “receive from him (God, the Father) anything we ask, because we keep his commands and do what pleases him.”
Just as Jesus always prayed to the Father, to God, before carrying out a miracle (though he mostly prayed silently), Jesus, as SON OF GOD, always did what was PLEASING to the Father. He always sought to do the Will of the Father and not what his Will would have preferred:
  • “Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done.” (Luke 22:42)
And here is the real kicker. Even though Galatians 4:6 makes it really clear that we are supposed to receive the Spirit of the Son of God; yet in 1 Corinthians 12:13 it is made clear to us that we are baptized into one body by only one Spirit. And so there aren't two or three Spirits we are supposed to receive. In fact there is only one Spirit. This Spirit is called both the Spirit of your Father (matthew 10:20) and the Spirit of the Son. (galatians 4:6) Finally this is the holy Spirit. (Luke 11:13)

So then the truth is these three are one and the same. There is only one God and one Spirit you receive to become the children of God. This proves that Jesus is indeed God manifest.
Wrong!!! And Right!! And Wrong!

The Spirit is ONE Spirit: The Holy Spirit … OF GOD.

God send the spirit to Jesus to send onto the believers.

It is a GIFT from the Father… I’m sure you know this from scriptures:
  • “Stay in Jerusalem until you receive the GIFT OF THE FATHER!”
You know Jesus spoke of the Holy Spirit and Pentecost.

And also Jesus told the disciples he would send it to them as a ‘Comforter’, the Spirit of rememberance of the teachings and testimony of God.

It’s so easy to get waylaid from the thread topic.

What is a ‘Son of God’?

What does a Son of God do to earn the title of ‘Son of God’?

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Good point, that there are other “sons of God”!
Even Adam is called “son of God.”

If the Greek Scriptures — and their writers — really meant to equate Jesus as equal with the One who sent him, the Bible would have called them brothers, not Father and Son.

KerimF

If the Father in Heaven ALONE is God (that is Jesus is not God), then the image of God's Love would no more than the love of a worldly king towards his obedient slaves (as Allah loves his obedient worshipers).

If the Father in Heaven ALONE is God then the Holy Spirit has no role in God while Jesus is very clear when he says:

"Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit shall not be forgiven unto men.
And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come."

If the Father in Heaven ALONE is God, Jesus would say instead:

"Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Father in Heaven shall not be forgiven unto men.
And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Father in Heaven, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come."

But, truth be told, throughout history and in order to better control the multitudes in the name of a god, God had to be presented as One-Being only who has a certain Law (not Love) by which he can play the Supreme Judge over his created humans after he forced them to exist in the time/space realm.

Anyway, I wonder if you were able to perceive the ultimate importance of the Holy Spirit, as pointed out by Jesus, in God's image.

74x12

The question was about, effectively, ‘What is a justified definition of “Son of God”’?

But if being ‘born again’ is a prerequisite for being adopted as a Son of God, then all well and good… if this means that the person has a change of heart from their sinful ways and turn to being LED BY THE HOLY SPIRIT OF GOD.
It's about being baptized in the Spirit of God. That's the beginning point of being a child of God. It can't be achieved without repentance. It's more than just adoption. You're literally supposed to be the body of Christ and so you'll literally be recognized as the very Son of God. Not the head of the body, but the organs, the feet the hands. Whatever your calling is.
“Begotten”? What does that mean?

Oh, you mean:
  • “In the same way, Christ did not take on himself the glory of becoming a high priest. But God said to him, “You are my Son; today I have become your Father.” (Hebrews 5:5)
  • “And he says in another place, “You are a priest forever, in the order of Melchizedek. During the days of Jesus’ life on earth, he offered up prayers and petitions with fervent cries and tears to the one who could save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverent submission. Son though he was, he learned obedience from what he suffered and, once made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey him and was designated by God to be high priest in the order of Melchizedek.“ (Hebrews 5:6-10)
Do you agree that verse 5 pertains to an ADOPTION STATEMENT? A child being adopted, the male adult would say that to the child: ‘You are now my Son and I am now your Father”

When did this happen?
When did God say this to Jesus?
When did God designate Jesus as High Priest?

So, Jesus was … what’s that word you used? “Begotten Son of God”! Hmmm… doesn’t “Begotten” mean “Adopted” as well?

Oh, you don’t agree? (Sorry, I’m answering for you for a reason!)

Well what do you say about the runaway slave, Onesimus, who was ‘Begotten of apostle Paul’ (Philemon 1) even though Paul did not procreate Onesimus because Paul was in prison in chains and had no wife. Paul adopted (begot) Onesimus because Onesimus carried out the work Paul gave him to do in completeness and with joy: a True ‘Son’ (The scriptures are written to justify itself… Onesimus was led by the Spirit of the Holy Spirit coming through Paul, his adopted Father!)

And I know that the dictionary definition is ‘Uniquely born’… Ha! Who is more UNIQUELY BORN than ADAM???
Adam is THE FIRSTADAM’
Jesus is THE LASTADAM’!!!
Well Jesus was twice begotten of the Father.

First in Luke 1:35 we see he is called the Son of God because the holy Spirit came upon Mary and the power of the most High overshadowed her. So he was literally born of God as it makes clear in Matthew 1:18 she was found with child of the holy Spirit.

The second time Jesus was begotten is when he rose from the dead as it calls him (in Revelation 1:5) the first begotten from the dead. It is this second "birth" of Jesus.

Adam was not really born to be honest. He was created but not born. Jesus was born. So even though Adam was called the Son of God in Luke 3:38 he is never called the born Son of God. Also the angels were never born either. They were created sons of God.

Jesus is the second Adam through the resurrection because in him all things will be made new. This is the beginning and chief cornerstone of the new creation of God.
I did not say that Angels are not led by the spirit of God. … where did you get the idea that I would say that?
You said only Jesus is led of the Spirit. That would exclude angels.
Being born again is not contingent on Jesus Christ coming otherwise it would have been FUTILE for God to be seeking a saviour from among the descendants of Adam. [King] David almost fulfilled God’s desires (‘I have found my David’) but he sinned by killing a man in order to take that man’s wife as his own. Perhaps if David had not sinned he would have been the Son in time that Abraham foresaw!
I'm sorry but it really is dependent on Jesus coming. In fact Jesus said of himself "I am the resurrection and the life" so without him there is no rising from the dead. This is why Jesus is the 2nd Adam because the first one sinned and so died along with all his descendants but Jesus died once to live forever so we can too. Even David waited for the resurrection to redeem him from the power of the grave. Jesus is that resurrection they all waited for.

To be "born again" is to be a part of the resurrection. Jesus is the firstborn from the dead and without him first rising there is no resurrection (unto immortality) for anyone who came before or after.

In fact Jesus says about David that David called him(Jesus) Lord. (Matthew 22:45, Mark 12:37) So you can see that Jesus was always going to be the promised One of God. It could never have been David as great as he was. David was a forerunner of Christ but he was not the Christ.

Further Jesus claimed to be before Abraham even. (John 8:58) That would mean he came before even David.
You are moving away from the point and purpose of this thread. I’m asking what it MEANS to be a ‘SON OF GOD’… The Spirit of Jesus is the SAME SPIRIT that is the Holy Spirit…. It means Jesus’ Spirit agrees with the Spirit of God: the Holy Spirit. And Jesus inspires us to have that same Spirit. As it says in Phil 2, ‘Have the same mind as Jesus…’ which is ‘Have the same SPIRIT as Jesus’.

The Spirit is not a single entity like an object. It is a STATE OF MIND:
  • “ being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind… have the same mindset as Christ Jesus…”
‘Sons of God’ would have one Spirit: one Godly state of mind and ALWAYS seeking to please their FATHER, ‘ABBA, Father, GOD; Yahweh!’:
  • “The one who sent me is with me; he has not left me alone, for I always do what pleases him.” (John 8:29)
And a true Son of God will:
  • “receive from him (God, the Father) anything we ask, because we keep his commands and do what pleases him.”
Just as Jesus always prayed to the Father, to God, before carrying out a miracle (though he mostly prayed silently), Jesus, as SON OF GOD, always did what was PLEASING to the Father. He always sought to do the Will of the Father and not what his Will would have preferred:
  • “Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done.” (Luke 22:42)
If the holy Spirit is only a state of mind then what literally moved on the face of the deep in Genesis 1:2? What made a sound like as of a rushing mighty wind? (Acts 2:1-4)

We shouldn't think that we can obtain the fruit of the Spirit on our own. We can't just adopt a mindset and be suddenly good. No, we need the baptism of the holy Spirit to have the fruits of the Spirit.
Wrong!!! And Right!! And Wrong!

The Spirit is ONE Spirit: The Holy Spirit … OF GOD.

God send the spirit to Jesus to send onto the believers.

It is a GIFT from the Father… I’m sure you know this from scriptures:
  • “Stay in Jerusalem until you receive the GIFT OF THE FATHER!”
You know Jesus spoke of the Holy Spirit and Pentecost.

And also Jesus told the disciples he would send it to them as a ‘Comforter’, the Spirit of rememberance of the teachings and testimony of God.

It’s so easy to get waylaid from the thread topic.

What is a ‘Son of God’?

What does a Son of God do to earn the title of ‘Son of God’?
According to what I understand you cannot earn the title "Son of God". It can only be freely received by God's good pleasure. That doesn't mean you don't need to repent and do the will of God. But you cannot earn salvation or the "gift" of the Spirit of God.

JerryMyers

—————————————
Good points.

To put it simply - ‘S/son of God’ when applied to anyone does NOT make the person, even Jesus, God the Son.

For the same reason, while you can find the phrase ‘God the Father’ here and there in the Bible, you are NOT going to find a single phrase ‘God the Son’ anywhere in the whole Bible. Why is that so? Because there’s no such thing as God the Son, there’s only ONE God.

Soapy

Good points.

To put it simply - ‘S/son of God’ when applied to anyone does NOT make the person, even Jesus, God the Son.

For the same reason, while you can find the phrase ‘God the Father’ here and there in the Bible, you are NOT going to find a single phrase ‘God the Son’ anywhere in the whole Bible. Why is that so? Because there’s no such thing as God the Son, there’s only ONE God.
Exactly right. But I wouldn’t even raise the issue of ‘God the Son’ or ‘God the Holy Spirit’ because it’s not any part of true Christian belief. In fact, those two such titles don’t even make any sense. And, linguistically, if it could be termed so, actually portray two Gods. It is as if Trinitarians do not understand that the word, ‘God’, is a TITLE… and a title can belong to many different entities. The context is what differs one entity ‘God’ from another. And so OUR God, our worshipped Deity, our Spirit lawmaker, king, and most revered… says that He is:
  • ‘God above all whom [else] are called Gods’
And our God is whom we believers call: ‘FATHER’.

And ‘Father’ means:
  • ‘He who creates’
  • ‘He who gives life’
  • ‘He who brings into being’
And certainly, our Heavenly Father is the Creator, and our heavenly Father is he who gave life to all things, and our heavenly Father is who who brought all things into being.

So, when I ask a trinitarian why the Son is not called ‘Father’, since they say that the Son is the Creator and life giver and bringer into being of all things… they refuse to answer, or reply with some nonsense that even goes against their own claimed ideology.

We can even see from Scriptures that the Son cannot be the creator of all things because he himself was brought into being by …THE FATHER!!

The typical response is that …. The Son created through the Father, or the Father created through the Son… Well, which is it?

But never mind that, either way the conundrum shows that the Son did not create ‘BY HIMSELF’…!! And this pleads the case that the whole claim is FALSE!

And, again, why is the Son GRANTED the REWARD of BECOMING King and ruler over CREATION if he IS THE CREATOR?

Who is greater than the Creator to reward the creation to him who EARNED THE RIGHT to be REWARDED with Rulership. Indeed, a verse, though screwed up, says that Creation was done FOR THE SON… did someone add in the words, ‘By him’, to make it seem like ‘By him and For him’!!?

Why is it hard to believe that THE FATHER, who is Spirit and RULER of an endless spirit kingdom, should create a limited, physical, flesh kingdom, and reward a flesh IMAGE OF HIMSELF to be ruler over that limited, physical, flesh kingdom: seated on the ethereal throne of one from humanity who best pleased the creator (King David).

I certainly believe that more than that ONE OF an almighty three in one God separately from the other two (though they are ONE!!!???) created BY HIMSELF without the other two (HOW??!!) and then GAVE UP BEING ALMIGHTY GOD:
  • How?? Can a cake be separated into its component parts after mixing and baking?
  • Is a cake still a [the same] cake when impossibly one component is extracted from it?
  • Is the removed component still a cake by itself?
And after giving up being god because the son didn’t think it was worthwhile being God????!!!!! He suffered in his own creation while trying to recover humanity TO THE FATHER… to the CREATOR!

And not only suffered, but was humiliated… and then…. DIED!!

Died for his own creation!!

But Trinity says “Yes… but that’s because the son DID NOT DIE…”

And yet trinity holds yearly commemorations exactly for the death of the Son!! Odd??!!

And trinity holds ceremonies for the RESURRECTION of the Son they say DID NOT DIE!

hmmm…..!

And on being resurrected by GOD who trinity say is himself, despite the scriptures saying it was the Father (which we know that it was the Father who raised him: that it was GOD who raised him) the son is GRANTED by God to sit next to God, whom Trinitarians say is the Son….!!!?? And GOD, whom trinity says is God, appoints the son to have all power and authority to rule over all things in heaven and earth… (but he was already so if he was God!!!???).

And finally, the son is rewarded with rulership over (his own creation) while the Father REMAINS ruler over a greater kingdom of Heaven??!!

Is that odd? What kind of reward is a DEMOTION OF RULERSHIP if the Son is GOD?

And see here? If , as Trinitarians say, he was STILL GOD, then that means that the Son of DOUBLE RULER while the Father is ONLY ONE RULER!!

Does this mean the Son is greater than the Father?

Or since flesh is less than Spirit, the Son is then LESS than the Father?

Which means the son is MORE GOD or LESS GOD than GOD, himself!!

Yes… Yes… complete nonsense, yes…

Triumph

FREEDOM OF SPEECH

—————————————
In Jewish traditional beliefs they believe a Jewish son is born holy, sinless, a son of God but a female is born unclean, carnal, a daughter of man. This verse is just saying that Jewish men chose whatever beautiful woman they wanted to marry.

Immediately after birth, a woman is considered unclean and must remain sexually separated from her husband for a period of seven days after the birth of a male child and 14 days after the birth of a female child. Lev. 12:2. In the days of the Temple, when considerations of ritual purity were more important, a woman was considered partially impure for an additional period of 33 days after the birth of a male child and 66 days after the birth of a female child.
Leviticus 12: 6 And when the days of her purifying are fulfilled, for a son, or for a daughter, she shall bring a lamb of the first year for a burnt offering, and a young pigeon, or a turtledove, for a sin offering, unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, unto the priest:
7 Who shall offer it before the LORD, and make an atonement for her; and she shall be cleansed from the issue of her blood. This is the law for her that hath born a male or a female.
Note that the Jewish woman was considered to be in sin, impure before God, because she gave birth and has to pay for that sin to the temple.
The point being the Jews believed in inequality of gender with the male superior to the woman and the woman is to be punished having to pay for her "sin" of giving birth, but not the man.
Jesus taught equality of gender and that people are not born in sin.
The difference with Jesus being a son of God is he is born of a virgin with no human father and is a unique creation unlike any other. The temple Jews refused to believe it.

Last edited:

Triumph

FREEDOM OF SPEECH
It's about being baptized in the Spirit of God. That's the beginning point of being a child of God. It can't be achieved without repentance. It's more than just adoption. You're literally supposed to be the body of Christ and so you'll literally be recognized as the very Son of God. Not the head of the body, but the organs, the feet the hands. Whatever your calling is.

Well Jesus was twice begotten of the Father.

First in Luke 1:35 we see he is called the Son of God because the holy Spirit came upon Mary and the power of the most High overshadowed her. So he was literally born of God as it makes clear in Matthew 1:18 she was found with child of the holy Spirit.

The second time Jesus was begotten is when he rose from the dead as it calls him (in Revelation 1:5) the first begotten from the dead. It is this second "birth" of Jesus.

Adam was not really born to be honest. He was created but not born. Jesus was born. So even though Adam was called the Son of God in Luke 3:38 he is never called the born Son of God. Also the angels were never born either. They were created sons of God.

Jesus is the second Adam through the resurrection because in him all things will be made new. This is the beginning and chief cornerstone of the new creation of God.

You said only Jesus is led of the Spirit. That would exclude angels.

I'm sorry but it really is dependent on Jesus coming. In fact Jesus said of himself "I am the resurrection and the life" so without him there is no rising from the dead. This is why Jesus is the 2nd Adam because the first one sinned and so died along with all his descendants but Jesus died once to live forever so we can too. Even David waited for the resurrection to redeem him from the power of the grave. Jesus is that resurrection they all waited for.

To be "born again" is to be a part of the resurrection. Jesus is the firstborn from the dead and without him first rising there is no resurrection (unto immortality) for anyone who came before or after.

In fact Jesus says about David that David called him(Jesus) Lord. (Matthew 22:45, Mark 12:37) So you can see that Jesus was always going to be the promised One of God. It could never have been David as great as he was. David was a forerunner of Christ but he was not the Christ.

Further Jesus claimed to be before Abraham even. (John 8:58) That would mean he came before even David.

If the holy Spirit is only a state of mind then what literally moved on the face of the deep in Genesis 1:2? What made a sound like as of a rushing mighty wind? (Acts 2:1-4)

We shouldn't think that we can obtain the fruit of the Spirit on our own. We can't just adopt a mindset and be suddenly good. No, we need the baptism of the holy Spirit to have the fruits of the Spirit.

According to what I understand you cannot earn the title "Son of God". It can only be freely received by God's good pleasure. That doesn't mean you don't need to repent and do the will of God. But you cannot earn salvation or the "gift" of the Spirit of God.
You say, "The second time Jesus was begotten is when he rose from the dead as it calls him (in Revelation 1:5) the first begotten from the dead. It is this second "birth" of Jesus."
Jesus was not the first person that was raised from the dead as Jesus with the power of God, returned life to Lazareth.
I think Rev. is describing the false Christ Jesus that Jesus warns us is coming, the prince with nothing in him.
John 14:30
Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.
I think "faithful witness" means prophet.
"And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood," Jesus is not a prince lower in station than a king under the commands of kings of the Earth. Our savior is the Son of God not a son of man. No male put his XY DNA in Jesus making Jesus his son. Begotten means "birthed by" and this prince is birthed/created by the dead, the unbaptized thus unsaved. So this prince under the order of his governments that support him is speaking to= unto another false Jesus Christ, the one that Paul created based on blood sacrifice for sin removal.
Jesus taught his flesh and blood is his doctrine, the words of God his Father. His words save. The blood of Jesus is the words of his FATHER not his own words= his own blood. Jesus Christ Son of God is the one that loves us, present tense as his love is eternal. The love in this scripture is past tense implying it is not permanent love but conditional. The gospel of Jesus is water baptism removes sin but this false Christ does not believe in it, nor does the prince with nothing in him. Jesus warns men will come in his name and they are not him.
World War is about to start and a military leader of one false religion is telling the military leader supporting another false religion his version of what he wants to happen. War is judgement, each side judges the opponent as worthy of death.
John 12:31
Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.

Last edited:

Triumph

FREEDOM OF SPEECH
You say, "The second time Jesus was begotten is when he rose from the dead as it calls him (in Revelation 1:5) the first begotten from the dead. It is this second "birth" of Jesus."
Jesus was not the first person that was raised from the dead as Jesus with the power of God, returned life to Lazareth.
I think Rev. is describing the false Christ Jesus that Jesus warns us is coming, the prince with nothing in him.
John 14:30
Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.
I think "faithful witness" means prophet.
"And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood," Jesus is not a prince lower in station than a king under the commands of kings of the Earth. Our savior is the Son of God not a son of man. No male put his XY DNA in Jesus making Jesus his son. Begotten means "birthed by" and this prince is birthed/created by the dead, the unbaptized thus unsaved. So this prince under the order of his governments that support him is speaking to= unto another false Jesus Christ, the one that Paul created based on blood sacrifice for sin removal.
Jesus taught his flesh and blood is his doctrine, the words of God his Father. His words save. The blood of Jesus is the words of his FATHER not his own words= his own blood. Jesus Christ Son of God is the one that loves us, present tense as his love is eternal. The love in this scripture is past tense implying it is not permanent love but conditional. The gospel of Jesus is water baptism removes sin but this false Christ does not believe in it, nor does the prince with nothing in him. Jesus warns men will come in his name and they are not him.
World War is about to start and a military leader of one false religion is telling the military leader supporting another false religion his version of what he wants to happen. War is judgement, each side judges the opponent as worthy of death.
John 12:31
Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.
Infants are born sinless as sin is an action of choice. So even unbaptized infants and children not old enough to discern right from wrong are saved.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.

—————————————
Saying that one is a son of God, such as David being God's son, is simply a metaphor to say that you are as close to God as a child is to a father. For example, Exodus says that Israel is God's first born son -- this is meant to show how much God loves the People of Israel.

The "b'nei elohim" (literally sons of the powerful ones) does not necessarily refer to angels. There are other interpretations. Here is one:

"The term the Torah actually uses in Genesis 6 is B’nei Elohim. “Elohim” literally means “powerful ones.” It is often used in the Torah to refer to God, but it is also used in reference to powerful people or to judges, such as in Exodus 4:16, 7:1, 21:6, and 22:8. Likewise, when referring to God, the term emphasizes His power and justice.

Based on this, most of the commentators to the Torah actually understand the verses not to be referring to supernatural beings such as angels, but to the judges and noblemen, the people of power. Their “privileged” sons would forcibly take whomever they wanted as wives. (The “daughters of man” can be understood to mean the lower classes, see for example Psalms 49:3.)"

Triumph

FREEDOM OF SPEECH

—————————————
“They all asked, “Are you then the Son of God?” He replied, “You say that I am.” (Luke 22:70)
If these people are questioning if he is or not, then they are not saying he is. Jesus is telling these people to believe and say that Jesus is the Son of God. So, his answer is Yes, he is the Son of God.

Soapy

“They all asked, “Are you then the Son of God?” He replied, “You say that I am.” (Luke 22:70)
If these people are questioning if he is or not, then they are not saying he is. Jesus is telling these people to believe and say that Jesus is the Son of God. So, his answer is Yes, he is the Son of God.
‘Son of God’ means ‘He who does the works of the Father’.

It’s a TITLE that references anyone who carries out the works in completeness that God gives him to do.

As well as the credits given him by the disciples, Jesus also stated it himself with the definition:
  • “I did not call myself ‘God’, I only said I was the Son of God…. If I am not doing the works of my Father then do not believe me…!” (Paraphrased)
The scriptures also states that:
  • “All who are led by the Spirit [of God] are Sons of God”
The Holy angels of Heaven always fully carry out the commands gives them to do - they dare not fail! Hence, they too, are called ‘Sons of God’.

In the beginning and before he sinned, Adam was also ‘Son of God’.

All problems of comprehension about these facts stem from the wrongful ideology spread by mainly trinitarian doctrine that attempts to class ‘Son of God’ as some kind of Procreated offspring of God (in the manner humans think of a born child from a Father). Yet these same Trinitarians will gladly and happily point to verses that class God as Spirit - knowing full well that:
  • ‘Spirits do not procreate. A spirit can only CREATE.
Not only that but the scriptures clearly dictates THE BIRTH OF JESUS…. Yet Trinitarians claim Jesus was already in existence BEFORE he was …. Born?!!!

On top of that - and because they later on in their poorly set out doctrine - they claim that Jesus had TWO personalities. That one is fully human and the other is fully God.

Any sane person quickly realises that it is false idea that such should be the case since “God cannot sbhor sin” therefore God could not be among sinners - in fact that is the very reason Jesus was born: to bridge the gap between sinful man and sinless God. All this, notwithstanding that Jesus denied even saying he was ‘Equal to God’ - which even if that were so would still not make Jesus God since equality doesn’t change identity (The weight of a bag of Lead being equal to the weight of another bag of Gold does not mean the bag of Lead is now Gold: nor does Jesus being anointed with the power of God turn Jesus into God!)

The throne of God is. Stable seat. God is eternal king of all things and Jesus becomes the heir… he is eternal heir since God never dies nor abdicates.

Howbeit then that Trinitarians say Jesus is God when God is eternal and Jesus is eternal heir to his throne. But that Jesus acquires a throne which is a Human throne - the throne of David!

Why would God desire, let alone be granted (from whom) to sit as king over creation on the throne of David… his ancestor (Is God then David’s ancestor?)

Last edited: