• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What does it mean that Jesus is the Great God, of all Comfort?

YeshuaRedeemed

Revelation 3:10
What does it mean that God is the God of all comfort? | GotQuestions.org
I usually copy and paste the link plus the article, but this time, I only included the URL, and will in my own words, attempt to answer this question. For me, knowing that Jesus is Faithful to me whether I deserve Him or not, comforts me. When I am upset, and Jesus speaks comforting words, I fall in love with Him all over again. Be encouraged, Jesus is freely available to any repentant person, who will have Him, as their God, Lord, and Savior.

Good-Ole-Rebel

What does it mean that God is the God of all comfort? | GotQuestions.org
I usually copy and paste the link plus the article, but this time, I only included the URL, and will in my own words, attempt to answer this question. For me, knowing that Jesus is Faithful to me whether I deserve Him or not, comforts me. When I am upset, and Jesus speaks comforting words, I fall in love with Him all over again. Be encouraged, Jesus is freely available to any repentant person, who will have Him, as their God, Lord, and Savior.

Yes, the faithfulness of Christ toward us who are His is a great comfort. Good words. And as the Christian experiences that work of the Holy Spirit during those times, his faith in Christ and God grows more and more. We know Who we can turn to and we know He is there and will respond.

Good-Ole-Rebel

eik

The Greek word parakaleō translated here as "comfort" has a far wider meaning than this English word inferring "encourage and strengthen by consolation."

Other meanings are beseech, address, summon and exhort.

So God is labelled as the one who teaches, instructs, exhorts, reveals, encourages, strengthens us. In John 16:14 the Parakletos (the Holy Spirit) "will take from what is mine [i.e. Christ's] and declare it to you."

What is Christ's? Jhn 16:15 “Everything the Father has is mine. This is why I told you that he takes from what is mine and will declare it to you.

So "comforting" really implies God revealing himself to us by the Holy Spirit. He is the God of all revelation.