• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What does Hillary mean when she says 'Religious views need to change' and does Tim Kaine agree??

whirlingmerc

Hillary Clinton believes that “religious beliefs and structural biases have to be changed” to expand access to abortion. Clinton said today that it’s not enough to legalize the procedure. “Far too many women are denied access to reproductive health care and safe childbirth, and laws don’t count for much if they’re not enforced,” she said Thursday, per the Daily Caller. “And deep-seated cultural codes, religious beliefs and structural biases have to be changed.”

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/artic...e-be-changed-accommodate-abortion-joel-gehrke

http://www.nationalreview.com/artic...e-be-changed-accommodate-abortion-joel-gehrke

tytlyf

Not Religious
Oh the outrage! She's saying America is a secular country and you shouldn't be letting your religion dictate law. As an atheist myself, we defend the secular constitution from religious zealots.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Personally, I don't expect someone to change their religious views on this, but I would hope that they realize that they shouldn't be making deeply personal decisions for someone else. I'm anti-abortion, but I simply am not willing to try and tell a woman what she must do with her body and what's in it.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Like making deeply personal choices that an unborn person has no inalienable rights bestowed by the creator?

You're drawing from the Declaration of Independence. It is not law, but a letter, an essay to King George III. The US Constitution, the supreme law of the US makes no mention of God or Creator.

Btw, for the record I am personally opposed to abortion, my legal view notwthstanding.

whirlingmerc

Actually, the constitution forbids establishment ( i.e. a national church) or hinderance of religous proactive ( violation of religious liberty, practice and conscience included insisting it not existing in public square discussion as some lesser world view )

For many decades after the constitution was ratified ther were state churches supported by taxes and even Thomas Jefferson used tax money for outreach to the American Indians for moral improvement purposes with government issues Bibles (sans miracles, bizarely enoguh)

I believe the last state to drop its official state church was the home state of Harvard Law School many decades apre the John Hancock

Last edited: