• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

what does being baptised mean?

IKNOWNUFFINK

Bible Question: Why is Acts 8:37 not in the most modern translations?

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Bible Answer: [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Acts 8:37 reads as follows,[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]And Philip said, “If you believe with all your heart, you may.” And he answered and said, “I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.” (NASB) Acts 8:37 [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]This verse occurs in the middle of a section of scripture that describes the conversion of the Ethiopian eunuch. This verse has been either eliminated or retained with an explanation that the verse does not appear in the best ancient manuscripts.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]The verse did not occur in the earliest and best manuscripts of the New Testament. The verse did not appear until about 500-600 A.D. in a manuscript now known as Codex Laudianus. This passage was apparently inserted by a scribe who wanted to explain why the Ethiopian eunuch was baptized. It is clear from the rest of scripture the eunuch was not saved by being baptized. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Scripture does not include every word that was spoken by a person or between people. It does not even try. If scripture did include everything the Bible would be either huge or contain many volumes. Listen to the apostle John, [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]And there are also many other things which Jesus did, which if they were written in detail, I suppose that even the world itself would not contain the books which were written. (NASB) John 21:25 [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Scripture does not try to explain every detail and event. Scripture seeks to communicate to us a message. [/FONT]

Why is Acts 8:37 not in the most modern translations?

Well that's one of at least 6000 bastardisations of the KJV. Shall we deal with the other 5999 now? Or start another thread topic dealing specifically with blatant satanic interefernce with the word of God and the one true gosple preached by John the baptist, Christ and all other deciples and apostles?

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
True, millions of Hindu get baptised in the river Gangees annually, so much so that environmentalists are worried about the damage being done to poor mother Gaia. However the Hindu believes that this act of self baptism washes away the sins and they do it annually . Some smoke mega amounts of Ganga aswell, this apparently washed away sins too. Stoned on ganga in the river Gangees. Gotta love it.

Do you know that Ganga is in fact another name for the Ganges river? It's also the name of my teddy bear...
Anyway, how does one smoke water? As a Hindu I have never heard of such a thing, strangely.

Last edited:

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Do you know that Ganga is in fact another name for the Ganges river? It's also the name of my teddy bear...
Anyway, how does one smoke water? As a Hindu I have never heard of such a thing, strangely.

Ganga is sometimes used as a slang word to refer to cannabis.

IKNOWNUFFINK

Then we cannot be held accountable for our actions, correct?

Then what use is the worship of a god ?

1. Incorrect.

2. Nothing else is of any use all else is vanity, Solomon taught us this - but we never learn from other peoples mistakes.

Fear God and obey His commandments is the only thing of any use

.lava

Veteran Member
This a question of truth and lies. We are saved by the blood of Christ shed on the cross, anything else is a lie.

I do sincerely hope I am not under your radar as a threat to be gotten rid of?

If I am please advice how I may avoid that, as I like nothing more than to debate religious issues.

Its just that when I see staff members engaging in direct debate with me, especially staff members who appear to be directly disgreeing and or being pendantic with everything I say, I tend to get the gitters, should I be concered? Am I off the party line in here or what?

well, i would like to mention that i am the one who asked about baptism in OP, i am a staff member and i am a Muslim. also, kind of ignorant of what you are talking about :eek: there is a place where you can ask your questions. it is site feed back. please ask your questions about moderation in site feed back. it would be helpful if you read forum rules as well :)

and for baptism .. i need to reread replies again. i am little confuse and have no time right now

IKNOWNUFFINK

well, i would like to mention that i am the one who asked about baptism in OP, i am a staff member and i am a Muslim. also, kind of ignorant of what you are talking about :eek: there is a place where you can ask your questions. it is site feed back. please ask your questions about moderation in site feed back. it would be helpful if you read forum rules as well :)

and for baptism .. i need to reread replies again. i am little confuse and have no time right now

Hi Yes, how are you - its is a good question. Where do I read the forum rules please and thank you. :)

Last edited:

.lava

Veteran Member
Hi Yes, how are you - its is a good question. Where do I read the forum rules please and thank you. :)

hi :D i am good, thank you. i hope you like it here in RF.
check out top right of the screen for forum rules. please, feel free to ask questions on site feed back where only staff would be able to read what you say :)

IKNOWNUFFINK

hi :D i am good, thank you. i hope you like it here in RF.
check out top right of the screen for forum rules. please, feel free to ask questions on site feed back where only staff would be able to read what you say :)

Thanks I have done that just now. I do like it.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
That's witchcraft - this is the Christian forum.

Funnily enough I think Im the only one here

God bless you. :cool:

Oh, give me a break.

For starters, this is not a Christian forum - this is a RELIGIOUS forum. The two are not necessarily the same thing.

As for creating our own destinies, I was being a bit facetious, but let me give you an example of that concept.

Say you wake up every morning and say, "One of these days I am going to be morbidly obese. I just feel it. It's going to happen." Then you eat 6000 calories a day for a year. Guess what - you've just created your own destiny. YOUR HUNCH CAME TRUE.

Same with your potential problems on this forum. If you keep saying, "I am going to be banned, I just know it," and then you act begin violating forum rules repeatedly - you just created your own destiny.

My ex husband used to always say, "One of these days, you're going to leave me. I just feel it." And he was right. But I left him because he was abusive and unfaithful - and guess what, he KNEW he was going to be abusive and unfaithful when he was making his prediction.