• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you usually cook for dinner?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Dumb question: I've had and enjoyed dishes (both thai and indian) called curry, but what makes something curried?

There are many types of curry using various spices. They range from dry to wet, red, yellow, green, brown.

The one thing in common is they are usually are made with chillies as one of the ingredients

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
I am a pizza fanatic, but also a healthy eater, so I often make pizzas with lots of vegetables for topping, my own healthy sauce, my own whole grain dough, and healthy serving sizes of cheese.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Bechamel sauce in English is bechamel sauce.

The chicory is usually called endive or radicchio.

I am not a fan of chicory but do a similar dish with white asparagus, not made it for a while but the white asparagus us just coming into season, thanks for reminding me

Myeah, chicory is one of those things where people either love it or hate it, it seems.
Kids notoriously don't like baked chicory. So I usually make a plate with leeks instead for them.