• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you think?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
This button was probably made in the early 1900s. It is obviously a woman, but hardly a beautiful one. To me, she looks mannish. But her breasts are so prominent (and beautiful, I might add) that the button becomes a wonderful thing. And, I wonder if that expression in her eyes was intentional, or what?
2018-11-15 10.50.13.jpg

BSM1

What? Me worry?
"Beauty" as a concept changes with societal norms. I think her long and elegant neck may have been the focal point. BTW, my fifteen year old Grandmother lied about her age in 1915 just to get a job so she could buy a pair of high button shoes. She may have had a button like this in her wardrobe. She gave me her 'button hook' from that era. It's probably one of most prized possessions.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
This button was probably made in the early 1900s. It is obviously a woman, but hardly a beautiful one. To me, she looks mannish. But her breasts are so prominent (and beautiful, I might add) that the button becomes a wonderful thing. And, I wonder if that expression in her eyes was intentional, or what?View attachment 25501
I see what you mean about her look.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
This button was probably made in the early 1900s. It is obviously a woman, but hardly a beautiful one. To me, she looks mannish. But her breasts are so prominent (and beautiful, I might add) that the button becomes a wonderful thing. And, I wonder if that expression in her eyes was intentional, or what?
Is she crying? I think she is. She also appears to have a cap and horn. Could it be a mermaid? The ocean waves seem like a clue. Maybe its not a horn but a comb?...no its a tiara

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
The woman apparently has a crown that partly worn away.
The face is odd and out of place with the rest of the image.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think it is as though a man is dressed up as a woman, though, those breasts look very real........ in harmony one hundred and twenty years ago with NOW. It is now that men and woman are able to change their sex. I think that the picture is either someone's mistake, an image of a real woman (poor thing), or it is apropos of some people's wish to be the opposite sex.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
And, by the way, it is not an item that people will want to buy. And why not? God knows!

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I think it is as though a man is dressed up as a woman, though, those breasts look very real........ in harmony one hundred and twenty years ago with NOW. It is now that men and woman are able to change their sex. I think that the picture is either someone's mistake, an image of a real woman (poor thing), or it is apropos of some people's wish to be the opposite sex.
I'm sticking with mermaid, since they were thought to be part seacow.

This button was probably made in the early 1900s. It is obviously a woman, but hardly a beautiful one. To me, she looks mannish. But her breasts are so prominent (and beautiful, I might add) that the button becomes a wonderful thing. And, I wonder if that expression in her eyes was intentional, or what?View attachment 25501
Ancient Silver Coin Julia Domna, wife of Septimius Severus AD 193-217 1493

Ancient Silver Coin Julia Domna, wife of Septimius Severus AD 193-217 1493 | eBay

ANCIENT GREEK SILVER COIN ATHENS OWL TETRADRACHM 450 BC 16.8gr 26.6mm

ANCIENT GREEK SILVER COIN ATHENS OWL TETRADRACHM 450 BC 16.8gr 26.6mm | eBay

ANCIENT GREEK COIN ATHENS SILVER TETRADRACHM 454-404BC VF OWL KROLL 8 HGC 4 1597

ANCIENT GREEK COIN ATHENS SILVER TETRADRACHM 454-404BC VF OWL KROLL 8 HGC 4 1597 | eBay

Ancient Greek... 450-350-325 B.C?

Last edited:

Skwim

Veteran Member
My impression is that the artist simply couldn't do any better. As for her breasts, other than being quite high, perhaps pushed up by a bustier/corset, I see nothing remarkable about them. :shrug:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
My impression is that the artist simply couldn't do any better. As for her breasts, other than being quite high, perhaps pushed up by a bustier/corset, I see nothing remarkable about them. :shrug:

I think they just look so smooth and even. And, plump. LOL