• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you think would happen if everyone stopped dying?

if you woke up tomorrow and everyone on the entire planet was immune to death(only from age, people can still die from murderer, accidents, suicide, etc), what do you think would happen and what are your thoughts on it as a religious person?

Woberts

The Perfumed Seneschal
if you woke up tomorrow and everyone on the entire planet was immune to death(only from age, people can still die from murderer, accidents, suicide, etc), what do you think would happen and what are your thoughts on it as a religious person?
If it's only age, then we would starve. And if the inevitable collapse of the environment doesn't kill us, then the wars for the resources need to maintain our way of life would.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member

My thoughts are that we as a species would need to cooperate and expedite the development of space exploration and start colonizing our moon, mars, mars' moons, the various moons of the solar system's gas giants, etc, due to the overpopulation that would occur.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
It probably would look like that episode from the Twilight Zone. Standing room only.

David T

Premium Member
If Fantasy became reality? Why trump would become president.
trump_small_hands.jpg

WalterTrull

Godfella
Can't happen. It's a function, an integral part of the process dude.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I'd realized I was still dreaming and go back to bed.

David T

Premium Member
you are proposing transhumanism.nonsense.

scala-naturae-robots.png

Although I am more scientific geologically minded. So I totally disagree with transhumanism because it's not science unlike me!!!!! .
hqdefault.jpg

Jumi

Overpopulation. People don't seem to care too much about consequences and I don't think that changing even if lifespans multiplied.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member

I find the coming of 'No more death ' on Earth is a biblical teaching as found at 1 Corinthians 15:26; Isaiah 25:8.
What I think will happen is: that there will be ' healing ' for earth's nations as mentioned at Revelation 22:2.
Mankind will see the return of the Genesis ' tree of life ' on Earth for the healing of earth's nations.
Through Jesus, then God will fulfill His promise to father Abraham that ALL families of Earth will be blessed - Genesis 12:3
And ALL nations of Earth will be blessed - Genesis 22:18. Blessed with the benefit of healing health for everyone.
No overpopulation, No food shortage because only upright or humble meek people will inherit the Earth.
As for wicked people they will be 'destroyed forever' as per Psalms 92:7.
The executional words from Jesus' mouth will rid the Earth of all wickedness -> Isaiah 11:3-4; Revelation 19:14-16, so there will be people alive on Earth at the start of Jesus' coming 1,000-year rule over Earth, and then there will be people who will have a happy-and-healthy physical resurrection back to live life on Earth forever.
So, the ' wake up tomorrow ' ( coming millennial morning ) will soon be the fulfillment of Revelation 21:4-5 when enemy death will be No more on Earth.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Life would become unbearable from lack of resources, over crowding, and unforeseen consequences of such a thing.
Under today's unrighteous standards the ^ above ^ would prove true.
I find the Bible speaks of Jesus ' coming to the rescue '.
As Psalms 72:8; Psalms 72:12-14 says Jesus will have subjects ( earthly citizens ) on Earth.
There will be No lack of resources, No overcrowding, etc. because wicked people will be gone - Psalms 37:9-11.
Wicked people will Not inherit the Earth, but righteous or humble meek people will inherit the Earth.
The executional words from Jesus' mouth will rid the Earth of all wicked people - Isaiah 11:3-4; Rev. 19:14-16

Just as if you have a very beautiful house and it became infested with rabid rats, you would Not burn down your very beautiful house but exterminate the rats. So, our home the Earth will be here, but rat-like people will Not be here because the wicked people will be ' destroyed forever ' as per Psalms 92:7.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Just as if you have a very beautiful house and it became infested with rabid rats, you would Not burn down your very beautiful house but exterminate the rats. So, our home the Earth will be here, but rat-like people will Not be here because the wicked people will be ' destroyed forever ' as per Psalms 92:7.
I find what the Bible defines as "wicked people" to be very appalling. "Destroying forever" those who simply didn't have faith is very tyrannical, and is in-and-of itself very wicked. Life under any such totalitarian dictator would be unbearable and intolerable.