• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you think orbs are?

The Crimson Universe

You must have seen little balls of light in photographs. Some believe they are actually dust particles on the camera lens that are magnified and appears like spherical orbs or balls.
But what about those incidents where sane and sober people claim to have seen them with their naked eyes, hovering above their head. They all cannot possibly have hallucinated.
I'm saying this because i've seen them too with my naked eyes. Not once but three times. And i was never on any kind of drugs or anything.

Did anyone else seen them in real life (not in photographs)? Can you share your experiences here.

exchemist

Veteran Member
You must have seen little balls of light in photographs. Some believe they are actually dust particles on the camera lens that are magnified and appears like spherical orbs or balls.
But what about those incidents where sane and sober people claim to have seen them with their naked eyes, hovering above their head. They all cannot possibly have hallucinated.
I'm saying this because i've seen them too with my naked eyes. Not once but three times. And i was never on any kind of drugs or anything.

Did anyone else seen them in real life (not in photographs)? Can you share your experiences here.
Nope, I can't say I have seen anything like that. Nor have I ever heard of it.

Do you have examples of these people who claim to have seen such a thing hovering above their heads?

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Nope, I can't say I have seen anything like that. Nor have I ever heard of it.

I haven't heard about them hovering over people's heads, but it's something that comes up often when talking the paranormal or people trying to "prove" ghosts via photographs.

Personally, I think there's a scientific explanation for it, in this case...... but I'd need to do some web searches first to see what I come up with.

Suave

Simulated character

I subscribe to the hypothesis of orbs being dust particles on camera lenses. I suspect some photographed orbs might be photoshopped.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
When seen with the naked eye, probably a Spiritual entity. Although of what type I couldn't be sure. With a camera I am more sceptical, flash does funny things. And cameras aren't in any shape to photograph spirits, IMO.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Many of them are merely lens effects. They can also be cause by insects and other causes. There is not one single answer. They do not appear to be real in the sense that they are objects that other people can see.

If they were real things that actually exist it should be possible to have them videoed by more than one source at the same time. The fact that we never see that indicates that it has to do with the camera taking the video and is not due to some object.

QuestioningMind

As with any phenomenon for which there isn't sufficient evidence to determine a cause the only logical response is I Don't Know. Unfortunately human beings tend to dislike saying I Don't Know and all too often just make up all sorts of fantastical explanations with absolutely no evidence.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
When seen with the naked eye, probably a Spiritual entity. Although of what type I couldn't be sure. With a camera I am more sceptical, flash does funny things. And cameras aren't in any shape to photograph spirits, IMO.
Why would a camera not do what a naked eye does? They are both responding to light

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Why would a camera not do what a naked eye does? They are both responding to light

I'm not confident in technology's
ability to detect things from the Spiritual Realm. It's possible, but I've yet to be convinced. But I have personally experienced things that are unexplainable. But that's my cognitive dissonant hill to stand between.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

It's just dust or something.

I don't get all the hype over it.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I'm not confident in technology's
ability to detect things from the Spiritual Realm. It's possible, but I've yet to be convinced. But I have personally experienced things that are unexplainable. But that's my cognitive dissonant hill to stand between.
One should never say that one has experienced things that are unexplainable. The person that experienced the event may not be able to explain it, but that does not mean that others could not. It is rather odd that the "Spiritual Realm" avoids detection, or even showing up, when sufficient recording technology shows up.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
One should never say that one has experienced things that are unexplainable. The person that experienced the event may not be able to explain it, but that does not mean that others could not. It is rather odd that the "Spiritual Realm" avoids detection, or even showing up, when sufficient recording technology shows up.

But that's my cognitive dissonant hill to stand between.

:)

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
I think photographic and video orbs can be just natural phenomena or they can be of paranormal origin. Psychics I respect tell us that orbs are a low energy required way that spirits can manifest physically. I've even seen photographs of orbs with faces visible in them.
My one experience was in the living room of my house (with another witness). It was like a round dinner plate shaped white light that moved rapidly across the upper wall. Of course I don't know what it was but one suspicion is the neighbor lady who died of cancer with six kids left behind.

Last edited:

The Crimson Universe

I couldn't find any information or personal accounts of orbs hovering over people's heads.

By "hovering over people's heads" i meant they were moving around the room, mostly near the ceiling as many people have reported seeing them. There are many articles over the web and also books on Amazon about people seeing orbs with their naked eyes. I have yet to grab one of those books to get a better understanding of these objects.

In my case, when i saw them for real, it was not hovering over my head. There was this one time when i saw a white-greyish orb, hovering just above the floor ... It manifested slowly, remained for 4 or 5 seconds, then slowly dissappeared.

The Crimson Universe

When seen with the naked eye, probably a Spiritual entity.

I too think that they are some kind of spirit entities. That's the only explanation i can think of. I have never in my life seen anything paranormal until we moved to a house back in 2011. There i've seen and heard some pretty weird stuff. At first i shrugged it off thinking they must be my imagination or something. But it kept on happening after every few weeks or so. But in our current house there's no such weird activities.

My one experience was in the living room of my house (with another witness). It was like a round dinner plate shaped white light that moved rapidly across the upper wall. Of course I don't know what it was but one suspicion is the neighbor lady who died of cancer with six kids left behind.

Interesting. So i guess i'm not the only one on RF to have seen such things. Thanks for sharing your experience George. :=)

Last edited:

rational experiences

Veteran Member
I would say two types are caused.

As my science brother teacher of scientific causes told me.

Earths atmosphere is abnormal as we already are pretaught that science changed its natural status. A long time ago and it hasn't yet removed the effect.

Lots of carbon.
Less oxygen.
Higher water evaporation.
Dust fusion caused by non separation capability.

As gods laws in the heavens was dust particle irradiation historic and natural separation.

Science began a practice of converting by mass dusts of earth particles...fusion then fission.

Earths atmosphere as above so below a known law stated the outcome copying the effects itself.

So science termed it caused heavenly paranormal activity.

Knowing they caused it.

And the other words science used was phenomena. Knowing humans had conjured it