• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you think of...

Frank Goad

telekinesis?(the ability to move things just by thinking about them)What would you do if you had telekinesis?I think it would be cool if it was real.:cool:I would go around trying to help people with it in someway.:)

Nimos

telekinesis?(the ability to move things just by thinking about them)What would you do if you had telekinesis?I think it would be cool if it was real.:cool:I would go around trying to help people with it in someway.:)
I would officially announce that I was a Jedi!!!

tenor.gif

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
this is all part of the same deal...

The OP is asking about Mo Pai.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
@Frank Goad ,

Word on the street is, everyone who tries this stuff without going to find a *local* teacher ends up with deep tissue damage in the perineum, and/or goes completely insane.

edit to add: and yet western power seekers still seem to be interested in it... strange but true.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
I believe telekinesis is real. But so much of it is still a mystery.

One of the most popular of these is Uri Geller

"I tested Uri myself under laboratory-controlled conditions and saw with my own eyes the bending of a key which was not touched by Geller at any time. There was a group of people present during the experiment who all witnessed the key bending in eleven seconds to an angle of thirty degrees. Afterwards we tested the key in a scientific laboratory using devices such as electron microscopes and X-rays and found that there was no chemical, manual or mechanical forces involved in the bending of the key.”
Professor Helmut Hoffmann (Department of Electrical Engineering, Technical University of Vienna, Austria)

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Yeah, Yuri Geller inhibits me, a thorough disbeliever in supernatural, to junk it out-right, or the body-heating trick of Buddhist monks. We need to know what trick are there?

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Thank you, I did not know about this experiment. I also know telekinesis is real.

And telekinesis will remain a mystery, because so few are willing to do the sadhana needed for this, or even fewer will have this ability by birth

Last edited:

George-ananda

Premium Member
Yeah, Yuri Geller inhibits me, a thorough disbeliever in supernatural, to junk it out-right, or the body-heating trick of Buddhist monks. We need to know what trick are there?
Why so closed-minded?

I know it's not within our normal framework but enough examples will get me to believe anyway even if I don't claim full understanding. I think that is the intellectually healthy way to look at it.

Here's a couple more quotes:

“I have personally witnessed and experienced on two occasions the metal bending abilities of Uri Geller. These experiments were conducted under rigorous laboratory conditions. In these two experiments the thick steel rod I was holding and observing carefully bent, and continued to bend, in my own hand. One rod bent to 90 degrees during a period of approximately six minutes while I was holding it. The other steel rod bent after Uri stroked it and continued bending on a glass table without anyone touching it. The steel rods were provided by myself. I consider the Geller effect to be a phenomenon which should be studied seriously by science. ”
“A scientist would have to be either massively ignorant or a confirmed bigot to deny the evidence that the human mind can make connection with space, time and matter in ways which have nothing to do with the ordinary senses. Further, he cannot deny that these connections are compatible with current thinking in physics, and may in the future become accepted as a part of an extended science in which the description ‘paranormal’ no longer applies, and can be replaced by ‘normal’.”
Dr. Kit Pedler, (Head of the Electron Microscopy department,University of London:)

Another comment on Uri Geller

“Attempts made to replicate this type of fracture in conventional ways were unsuccessful.

ANTON WEST, Ph.D., Expert in fracture of materials, Department of Materials science and engineering Stanford University California:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Why close-minded? I did not junk the idea. There seems to be evidence for investigation. I suppose that is enough from me. That is what Dr. Anton West also says, it should be investigated further. :) Yes, I have not accepted it completely, because there is no explanation as to why it is so (like homeopathy curing diseases). Sort of Sigma 1 or 2. But then, I have seen the magician at Discovery channel pass through glass walls. There are a few of them.

George-ananda

Premium Member
Why close-minded? I did not junk the idea. There seems to be evidence for investigation. I suppose that is enough from me. That is what Dr. Anton West also says, it should be investigated further. :) Yes, I have not accepted it completely, because there is no explanation as to why it is so (like homeopathy curing diseases). Sort of Sigma 1 or 2. But then, I have seen the magician at Discovery channel pass through glass walls. There are a few of them.
But I can't downplay something like this and stay in a comfortable materialist place.

The mind causing metal to bend?? This is accepting something Paradigm Shifting and Revolutionary!

Our materialist understanding of the mind must be grossly incomplete! That should be revolutionary to a materialist-atheist's worldview I would think.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Yeah, it should be investigated as to how can mind affect these things and to what extent. Can Yuri Geller twist the Golden Bridge or Eiffel Tower? Can he cause an air-craft carrier to sink?

George-ananda

Premium Member
Yeah, it should be investigated as to how can mind affect these things and to what extent. Can Yuri Geller twist the Golden Bridge or Eiffel Tower? Can he cause an air-craft carrier to sink?
I'm not really interested in how grand of a stunt can be performed. I am fascinated by the world-view changing implications of the ability. There is nothing in a materialist-atheist paradigm that would suggest this should ever be possible.

Going one step further, I am suggesting that Brahman is infinite consciousness and his thought created the universe.

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
It would be cool and helping others is always good. But I have never seen evidence of it.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Going one step further, I am suggesting that Brahman is infinite consciousness and his thought created the universe.
Again, jumping to conclusions. Don't go a step further than what we know. That is what leads us to untruth. First let it be investigated. Of course, Brahman is omnipresent, but I do not accept that it created or needed to create the universe (to have people worshiping him after 13,580,000 years after he created the universe, we have been here for just about 200,000 years). Do you see the incongruity of the statement?

Last edited:

George-ananda

Premium Member
Again, jumping to conclusions. Don't go a step further than what we know. That is what leads us to untruth. First let it be investigated. Of course, Brahman is omnipresent, but I do not accept that it created or needed to create the universe.
First as an Advaita follower you should understand Brahman is not to be worshipped but REALIZED as our eternal internal reality.
(to have people worshiping him after 13.76 billion years after he created the universe, we have been here for just about 200,000 years). Do you see the incongruity of the statement?
And the last part is a myopic human-centric view of something so vast we can not grasp it. Are you confusing Advaita with Abrahamic views there?

But alas we are straying from telekinesis and I need to get to the Hinduism DIR.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Then you must try to explain why this uninvolved Brahman would need to create the universe. IMHV, the universe is an illusion. Of course, at the base of this illusion is Brahman, but that is changeless, eternal, etc.
Are you confusing Advaita with Abrahamic views there?
But alas we are straying from telekinesis ..
Yeah, this is straying from Telekinesis. I am not confusing between Advaita and Abrahamic religions. Most Hindus too believe that God/Brahman/Paramatma created the universe. To them also I will ask the same question - why would a God/Brahman/SupremeSoul/Paramatma need to create the universe? Not densely populate it. Put life on one in a billion planets. And make the Earth densely populated, etc.

Last edited:

George-ananda

Premium Member
Then you must try to explain why this uninvolved Brahman would need to create the universe. IMHV, the universe is an illusion. Of course, at the base of this illusion is Brahman, but that is changeless, eternal, etc.
Yeah, this is straying from Telekinesis. I am not confusing between Advaita and Abrahamic religions. Most Hindus too believe that God/Brahman/Paramatma created the universe. To them also I will ask the same question - why would a God/Brahman/SupremeSoul/Paramatma need to create the universe? Not densely populate it. Put life on one in a billion planets. And make the Earth densely populated, etc.
In Advaita philosophy the universe is likened to a play/drama of Brahman in which in Act I It separates itself from itself and in Act II it returns itself to itself.

Why? to experience the joy from finiteness to infiniteness.

As an analogy: Why do humans create art with no practical purpose. TO EXPERIENCE!! Aren’t you having fun now?

Nimos

One of the most popular of these is Uri Geller

"I tested Uri myself under laboratory-controlled conditions and saw with my own eyes the bending of a key which was not touched by Geller at any time. There was a group of people present during the experiment who all witnessed the key bending in eleven seconds to an angle of thirty degrees. Afterwards we tested the key in a scientific laboratory using devices such as electron microscopes and X-rays and found that there was no chemical, manual or mechanical forces involved in the bending of the key.”
Professor Helmut Hoffmann (Department of Electrical Engineering, Technical University of Vienna, Austria)
You might want to watch this then, think that would be very helpful :)