• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you think of this?

nPeace

Veteran Member
Deeje went through that with you before... a number of times.
If you are going back and forth on it, I don't know what will help.
Do you think a systematic Bible study will help?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Questioning is great, but forever questioning might be an indicator that it might be best to go on a journey and find the answers on one's own.

Frank Goad

Deeje went through that with you before... a number of times.
If you are going back and forth on it, I don't know what will help.
Do you think a systematic Bible study will help?

Yes.A study of the bible verses back to back.Like the ones in post 1.Would help.:) Do you know any jws on here who could help?:)

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
That's correct. However, I figured it might be hard for Frank to find his way to the study request, so I offered him the opportunity where I could help.
It is good that you can and will help Frank out on this :) Unfortunatly my knowledge about JW or Christianity in general is to little to be to any great help.

nPeace

Veteran Member
It is good that you can and will help Frank out on this :) Unfortunatly my knowledge about JW or Christianity in general is to little to be to any great help.
It's been about two years now, since I offered to help Frank with a study of the Bible. Forums are not the place for that.
As was suggested, it's best to pursue knowledge and understanding of the Bible for oneself. A systematic study is the best approach, I find.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
It's been about two years now, since I offered to help Frank with a study of the Bible. Forums are not the place for that.
As was suggested, it's best to pursue knowledge and understanding of the Bible for oneself. A systematic study is the best approach, I find.
Its a pity that Frank doesn't seem to be able to rise above his own desire for the things that he knows that we do not accept and that the Bible warns about. His fascination with the occult has never been put aside for the truths of the Bible. My efforts with Frank always ended with a return to questions involving spiritistic practices and the merry go round just never stopped. He did not retain anything that disagreed with his own mindset and desire to experience the supernatural....and I believe that mental health issues also kept getting in the way.

@Frank Goad I hope you can put some knowledge into practice or else your questions will continue to be circular....and you will never find the right religion if you still want to dabble in OBE's and astral travel......but at the same time, worship the God of the Bible....IMO, you are feeding at the wrong table. (1 Corinthians 10:21)

Make a choice.

Bree

@Frank Goad when it comes to seeking a true understanding of Gods Word and Will, you must put all other thought aside. Yes there are spiritistic practices and yes people have experiences in them, but does God want you to get involved in such things? If you study the bible you'll learn that he does not approve and he tell us why he does not approve. It is then up to use to submit to his will by accepting his view on the matter and following thru with obedience.

If we are not prepared to be obedient to his direction, then we can study the bible all we want...we will never understand it because it is Gods Word, not ours.

We must surrender our own thoughts and desires and beliefs in order to take in and understand Gods thoughts, desires and beliefs. Thats what truth is. Truth is everything God tells is true and everything he tells us is wrong. Not all people understand Gods truth because they refuse to let go of their own.

Surrender my friend. Surrender!