• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you think of this song?

PureX

Veteran Member
Amateurish and derivative. (Sorry, but you asked.)

The music is fairly well orchestrated and produced although it's very 'standard fare'. The lyric writing is clumsy - no thought given to how words sound as they precede and follow each other. And if I were the person writing this song, the first question I'd be asking myself is WHY? Why do I think the world needs another dark, whiny, psudo-metal "anthem"? This stuff has been around for 50 years, now. And it all sounds the same and it all says the same things. What am I contributing to the pile, really?

I respect how difficult it is to be a serious musician, or artist of any kind in this culture. And I respect the work that goes into creating music and getting it out there for people to hear. But to me, that's all the more reason to break the molds and really stand out. If it's gonna fail, then let it fail for doing something spectacular. Not for trodding the same old path as everyone else.

Just my 2 cents.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Amateurish and derivative. (Sorry, but you asked.)

The music is fairly well orchestrated and produced although it's very 'standard fare'. The lyric writing is clumsy - no thought given to how words sound as they precede and follow each other. And if I were the person writing this song, the first question I'd be asking myself is WHY? Why do I think the world needs another dark, whiny, psudo-metal "anthem"? This stuff has been around for 50 years, now. And it all sounds the same and it all says the same things. What am I contributing to the pile, really?

I respect how difficult it is to be a serious musician, or artist of any kind in this culture. And I respect the work that goes into creating music and getting it out there for people to hear. But to me, that's all the more reason to break the molds and really stand out. If it's gonna fail, then let it fail for doing something spectacular. Not for trodding the same old path as everyone else.

Just my 2 cents.
I respect your opinion, thank you for listening though.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Sorry to be a poo bag, but much like @PureX I found it very run-of-the-mill generic anthemic rock. Artists should be their own voice, imo. As Dave Lee Roth once profoundly said "It may be **** but it's my ****."
Hmm. If you mean lyric-wise? Yeah, I suppose so. I mean a lot of common themes: Darkness, flames, chains, etc. xD -- However, those common recurring words aside, I do like some of the lyrics, but a lot of lyrics in this song do seem random and senseless.

But A7X does have its own unique sound, you can hear it in every one of their songs, I don't know how to describe it. Something about their instruments just has their own special "tone" to it.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Hmm. If you mean lyric-wise? Yeah, I suppose so. I mean a lot of common themes: Darkness, flames, chains, etc. xD -- However, those common recurring words aside, I do like some of the lyrics, but a lot of lyrics in this song do seem random and senseless.

But A7X does have its own unique sound, you can hear it in every one of their songs, I don't know how to describe it. Something about their instruments just has their own special "tone" to it.
I didn't mean the lyrics. Tbh I've generally never given much regard to rock song lyrics. The "sound" doesn't seem unique. Sorry, different ears. My partner doesn't think what I listen to is actually classified as music. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I find it interesting how there's been so many comments about it being run of the mill. This one's always stood out to me. I love the blends of soft and hard, and vocally, it was one I always found extremely difficult to perform.