• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

what do you think of the inside of my head?

Distracto

Please let me say, that i am a Christian, but I am very interesting in understanding more about Islam and Judaism. I am searching for people who have been taught things that i have not.....help me to find some of the truth i am searching for. Also, the following idea is only my own, and i do NOT want to sound like i am trying to preach anything...it is just a thought to God. I am not aware of how it is offending, but i am sure it is offensive to someone of all religions.

There is a truth to everything. Each person has their own opinions, and each person has their own reality. One man admires a famous entertainer as being a successfull human life. Another mans opinion is that a famous entertainer is someone with a talent, such as extraordinary singing or acting abilities. Yet another sees a famous entertainer as someone who has gained power, money, fame, and leadership in a way that is unworthy of the status as morality spokesman...spread by widespread media, and onefamous entertainer feels that he is the only real important man on the face of the earth. In each mans reality, these ideas are fact. And they are fact. One mans reality is no less fact then anothers. None of these ideas are facts in reality combined for all of society..... how could they be? they are simply opinions. God is dissapointed that people often dont realize that the only TRUTH about an idea, profession, action, etc can be only found by researching His laws... in which he has given us all the tools and clues that are needed. His laws are all connected intriqitely together, and it only takes the slightest bit of tampering and the whole creation is damaged to the point of devastating consequences. God finds great joy in people finding their own opinions, especially with things like beauty, inventions, art, etc. because these are not the creations of God, but the creations of his creation. There are some creations by the created that God is ashamed of, because they were not created in the realm of Gods TRUTH of creativity and imagination. Instead they were cuncocted for a personal gain of some kind...attention, money, shock, etc. all of which contradict THE WORD OF GOD and therefore prove their FALSE realities. The ring of perfect existence that God has created for us in our universe has allways remained injured by mankind, and only the first human has seen this unspeakably perfect creation as it was meant to be. Adam was the first man to make his own reality, and formed the opinion that it would be allright to make his own choice even though it was disoboying God. Adam formed this opinion without researching Gods laws of perfect life and existence(THE WORD).....and his own created reality was the begginning of human created pain, suffering, death, shame, sadness, vanity, hurt, torture, ridicule, jealousy, anger, hate, hunger, sickness, ignorance, selfishness, poverty, trickery, scandal, wastfullness, evilness, resentment. God created us in his own image, in other words, he has the same emotions, the same desire to find beauty, the same desire to create clever inventions, the same desire for love, joy, happiness, the same desire for family and friendship, the same desire for eternal life and peace. It is our nature to desire these things, and to try to avoid; and fix away all the other human experiences with our worldly laws. I do not know where these experiences came into existence, and I do not know if they are here because of YinYang....but i suspect so at this time. I do know that our God set out to create a ring of perfection that would remove all negative physical experiences. Until mankind realizes that only God knows the formula to the ring of perfection and life(THE WORD), then we will be stuck here trying ignorantly to make our own rings of laws attempting to use our opinions and individual realities as guidelines. Remember how each individual has his own reality? and there is no logical combined reality? Then how on earth could these problems be solved by our democratic ideas...we often amplify the break down of Gods laws for future generations by making everything as descent and fair and humane as possible. How? The future will be taught the "reality....." its only equal and fair to the buddha gods if we remove all traces of under GOD from our history. It is time that God lets us know that he is not ignoring us when we ask those questions so vital in deciding whether we want to accept or deny the belief in God. It is time that God lets us know that he is not ignoring us when we as why he has allowed horrible sensless murders, worthless drunk driver who smite a young life so beautiful and pure, rape us and our babies. Why did he not speak up if he was not ignoring us? Have we ever listened to HIM? Or have we decided to do what we want and leave him out of our opininons and realities. We are ready to admit to you LORD FATHER, we are not capable of helping ourselves, We beg you to help us FATHER, we have allowed the evil and terrible experiences into our lives ourselves. It was only you who wanted to show us how to not know of such things, there would be no hunger for a perfect organized government if there was no selfishness in our hearts, and we all admit that having you FATHER, back in our lives is what will make every one of us rich with all that we have ever needed to survive for eternity. It satisfies every human need, from thirst and hunger, to the need of being loved and treated with equal respect. It is time that we let GOD know!!!, that we have learned our lessons, and this time his perfect creation will work. We have chosen to live our lives alone...we have proven that we were wrong, this is NOT THE REALITY MEANT FOR US!

Ceridwen018

Indeed, NetDoc! And just as invaluable to my academic success as I'm sure Cliff Notes were to yours! Let the half-arseing commence!

_salam_

I'm just curious as to why you posted this. Are you looking for our opinions on what you had to say? Why did you choose to post this in the section about Islam, are you looking for just a Muslim response? I'm confused.

Distracto

Yes i was looking for a muslim response. Seems all they had to say was something about sparks. I have no religion, I search for the truth of God. Does that answer you? Thank you for your time :)

john313

warrior-poet
You say that you are christian and that you have no religion. Did you write this for a religion class?

_salam_

To Distracto,
Although I'm not quite sure what kind of a response your looking for, other than a Muslim's, I guess I will go through your beliefs and just give you the Muslim prespective.

Distracto said:
God is dissapointed that people often dont realize that the only TRUTH about an idea, profession, action, etc can be only found by researching His laws... in which he has given us all the tools and clues that are needed. His laws are all connected intriqitely together, and it only takes the slightest bit of tampering and the whole creation is damaged to the point of devastating consequences.
From this I gather that you believe that we should be living our lives in accordance with God's laws, and rules, and trying to stay on the path that He has set out for us to follow. And in every part of our lives too, not just spiritually, but socially, politically, economically, and ect... as well. If this is true, then essentially you believe that we should surrender ourselves to the Will of our Lord. This is exactly what Islam means, submission and surrender of ourselves and our wills to the Will of Allah. So on this concept we can agree. I would also like to offer a brief excerpt from an article written by Sheik Yusuf Estes, in which he says;
"Islam is from Allah, The Creator and Sustainer of all that exists. As such, it is for Him Alone to command and direct His creation and He Alone is responsible for what He will accept and what He will not accept. It is also for Him Alone to decree what is good and what is bad and He must be the One to show the right path in all things.

Everything in the life of the creations of Allah, especially for those who have choices to make (us), must be dictated and clarified by the One who Created everything in the fist place. We understand from this that Islam must be a complete and total way of living, explaining everything in the life from beginning to end and from birth until death.

Islam is careful to remind us that it not a religion to be paid mere lip service; rather it is an all-encompassing way of life that must be practiced continuously for it to be Islam.

There are other injunctions and commandments which concern virtually all facets of one's personal, family and civic life. These include such matters as diet, clothing, personal hygiene, interpersonal relations, business ethics, responsibilities towards parents, spouse and children, marriage, divorce and inheritance, civil and criminal law, fighting in defense of Islam, relations with non-Muslims, and so much more.

In conclusion, we are forced to realize that ISLAM is a complete way of life for the human being. Everything is covered in Islam from birth to death to live in the complete submission to the Will of the One Who Created man in the first place."

Adam was the first man to make his own reality, and formed the opinion that it would be allright to make his own choice even though it was disoboying God.
Although I'm not quite sure what all this reality stuff is, this statement contradicts itself. You say that Adam (pbuh) thought it would be alright to make his own choice, implying that he hadn't made his own decisions before, but if he came to this conclusion on his own then he was already making decisions, and thus the decision about disobeying God wasn't his first. I don't think you ment for this to mean all of that but what I get from this is that Adam (pbuh) deciced that he was going to have the freedom to choose, because you said "he formed the opinion that it would be alright to make his own choice." If this is what you believe I would have to disagree with you here. We beleive that since Allah created us only He would have the ability to bestow upon us such a gift as the freedom to choose. For example we believe that the Angels do not have the freedom to choose. They are a creation of Allah's who's only purpose is to be perfect servants of Allah, and since they don't have the freedom to choose they are under complete guidance from Allah at all times and thus they are perfect servants. That's why it's not a problem for Muslim's to hold the belief that the Qur'an is the direct Word of Allah despite having been transmitted through the Angel Jibreel (Gabriel), because there is no way Jibreel could have screwed it up.

his own created reality was the begginning of human created pain, suffering, death, shame, sadness, vanity, hurt, torture, ridicule, jealousy, anger, hate, hunger, sickness, ignorance, selfishness, poverty, trickery, scandal, wastfullness, evilness, resentment.
By this I'm assuming that you believe in original sin, which Islam does not. In Islam we believe that Allah forgave Adam and Eve (peace be upon them both) and thus there was no sin to be "passed down" to us. We also believe that every person is responsibly for their own actions and they alone will recieve the reward or the punishment for those actions, nobody else. As the Qur'an says in 10:41,

"If they charge thee with falsehood, say: "My work to me, and yours to you! ye are free from responsibility for what I do, and I for what ye do!"

(continued below)

_salam_

(continued)
God created us in his own image, in other words, he has the same emotions, the same desire to find beauty, the same desire to create clever inventions, the same desire for love, joy, happiness, the same desire for family and friendship, the same desire for eternal life and peace.
I have to disagree with you again at this point, for the Qur'an tells us in surah 112,

"Say: He is Allah, the One and Only! Allah is He on Whom all depend. He begets not, nor is He begotten. And there is none comparable unto Him."

We, in Islam, don't believe that Allah created us in His image. Infact we believe that, in our present earthly state, we are not even close to being able to completely comprehend Allah. Even when we move from this life to the next, and the "veil has been removed from our eyes and we can see clearer than ever before", we will not be able to comprehend Allah completely. However, we our told that Allah will manifest Himself in a way that is precevable to us in the Hereafter because it is said that the greatest gift of Paradise will be being able to be with our Lord and to be able to look upon His Face. Although we might have some "similar" traits with Allah such as love, compasion, forgiviness, and mercy just to name a few, we need to keep in mind that Allah is the Most Loving, the Most Compasionant, the Most Forgiving, the Most Merciful and so on. We will never be able, as I said before, to comprehend the amount of Allah's Love, and Compasion, and Forgivness, and Mercy and our love, and so on, is in NO way comparable to Allah's.

I do not know where these experiences came into existence, and I do not know if they are here because of YinYang....but i suspect so at this time.
In Islam we believe that everything, meaning everything good or bad, came/comes into existence only because it is in accordance with the Will of Allah. I'm not sure what the philosiphy of YinYang is so please explain.

I do know that our God set out to create a ring of perfection that would remove all negative physical experiences.
If you're refering to this life, then from a Muslim prespective I would have to disagree. This life isn't meant to be perfect, it is meant to be a test. The Qur'an says;

"Do men think that they will be left alone on saying, "We believe", and that they will not be tested?" (29:02)

"Ye shall certainly be tried and tested in your possessions and in your personal selves; and ye shall certainly Hear much that will grieve you, from those who received the Book before you and from those who worship many gods. But if ye persevere patiently, and guard against evil, then that will be a determining factor in all afairs." (3:186)

"They said: We have met with ill luck on account of you and on account of those with you. He said: The cause of your evil fortune is with Allah; nay, you are a people who are being tested." (27:47)

It is time that God lets us know that he is not ignoring us when we ask those questions so vital in deciding whether we want to accept or deny the belief in God. It is time that God lets us know that he is not ignoring us when we as why he has allowed horrible sensless murders, worthless drunk driver who smite a young life so beautiful and pure, rape us and our babies.
Allah is not ignoring us. All of these "horrible" acts that you speak of are all part of the test of this life as I mentioned before. A test is no good if there is no challenge to it, right?

this is NOT THE REALITY MEANT FOR US!
You're right the life of this world is not the reality meant for us, although I don't think this is what you were refering to here. But anyway in Islam we believe that the next life in the Hereafter is our true life and that this life right now is nothing more than an illusion. The Qur'an says;

"Every soul shall have a taste of death: And only on the Day of Judgment shall you be paid your full recompense. Only he who is saved far from the Fire and admitted to the Garden will have attained the object (of Life): For the life of this world is but comfort of illusion." (3:185)

"Know that the life of the world is only play, and idle talk, and pageantry, and boasting among you, and rivalry in respect of wealth and children; as the likeness of vegetation after rain, whereof the growth is pleasing to the husbandman, but afterward it drieth up and thou seest it turning yellow, then it becometh straw. And in the Hereafter there is grievous punishment, and (also) forgiveness from Allah and His good pleasure, whereas the life of the world is but matter of illusion." (57:20)

I hope my response was along the lines of what you were looking for.