1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you think of the bermuda triangle?

Discussion in 'Paranormal Activities' started by Frank Goad, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Frank Goad

Frank Goad Active Member

Ratings:
    +132
    Religion:
    I officially believe the jehovah's witness religion.
    What do you think of the bermuda triangle?

2. ChristineM

ChristineM "Be strong" I whispered to my coffee.
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +14,095
    Religion:
    None
    It's mostly wet and has 3 corners

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. columbus

columbus Conservative Catholic from Hell

Ratings:
    +14,533
    Religion:
    None
    An area of the Atlantic where unpredictable, often destructive, weather intersects regular transportation routes?
    Tom

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. exchemist

exchemist Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,509
    Religion:
    RC (culturally at least)
    A bogus concept notoriously popularised by a crank writer called Charles Berlitz, who is described by Rationalwiki as follows:

Charles Berlitz (1914–2003) is probably more responsible than anybody else for popularising the idea of the Bermuda Triangle, which had previously lurked unnoticed in magazine articles by the obscure Vincent Gaddis.

His interest in underwater archaeology developed into a sideline in writing. In 1969 he wrote The Mystery of Atlantis and in 1972 Mysteries from Forgotten Worlds. His 1974 book, called imaginatively The Bermuda Triangle, was an enormous [pile of crap] success, and he continued on the paranormal theme with books about the Philadelphia Experiment and the Roswell events, becoming the first big selling author to address these topics.[citation needed] So it's his fault, basically.

Before diving deep into woo, he was a respected linguist - his grandfather was responsible for the Berlitz language training courses and got him learning other languages at an early age. Berlitz's best-known work in this field was the 1982 book Native Tongues, which explores the history, development and decline of languages.

UNQUOTE

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  5. Nowhere Man

Nowhere Man Bompu Zen Man with a little bit of Bushido.

Ratings:
    +9,869
    Religion:
    Zen Buddhism
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. ChristineM

ChristineM "Be strong" I whispered to my coffee.
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +14,095
    Religion:
    None
    Sorry, i misread your post as
    ...often destructive, weather insects...

Ok, re-read it...

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. BSM1

BSM1 What? Me worry?

Ratings:
    +8,360
    Religion:
    Buddhistic Panenthetic Jesusonian
    Was actually "lost" in the Bermuda Triangle (true story). We were about 50 miles north of Bermuda sailing for the Med. My job was to look after and repair the radar equipment, so I had just started a routine check after lunch. At almost 12:30 on the nose while we were talking to Bermuda, the radios completely dropped out. Our gyro compasses started spinning like a rinse cycle in a washing machine, and our navigation systems malfunctioned. We were, for all intents, blind and deaf. However, it was a beautifully clear day and we were steaming due east, so we were able to "dead reckon" our course by the sun. Almost exactly 6 hours later our radios came up, our compasses stopped spinning, and our navigation systems came back on line. We never found an explanation as to what caused this event, and we were lucky it was a calm, sunny day. I thought about this and realized if this were during a storm or cloudy night, we could have steamed in circles and not know it. Maybe this is what happens to aircraft in the area; they loose any means of navigation or communication and they fly in circles until they run out of fuel and crash into the ocean. Maybe. But before you ask, we didn't see any monsters, aliens, or ghost ships...darn it.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. BSM1

BSM1 What? Me worry?

Ratings:
    +8,360
    Religion:
  9. Nowhere Man

Ratings:
    +9,869
    Religion:
    Zen Buddhism
    Bermuda has a very volcanic history and a lot of what you had mentioned could be attributed to notable quantities of natural Magnetite.

It would explain the malfunctions. When things like radios and compasses are put in proximity to Magnetite.

An Error Occurred Setting Your User Cookie

10. columbus

columbus Conservative Catholic from Hell

Ratings:
    +14,533
    Religion:
    None
    Wow!
    I've never heard anybody with any credibility describe something like that.

That's really interesting.

I'm mostly a solid materialist. Matter and energy. But I'm also quite sure that the universe is not only stranger than we imagine, it's stranger than we can imagine.
    Tom

• Like Like x 3
  11. Polymath257

Polymath257 Think & Care
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +14,273
    Religion:
    Non-theist
    I can never find it.

• Funny Funny x 4
  12. Nowhere Man

Ratings:
    +9,869
    Religion:
    Zen Buddhism
    I can agree with that.

The only thing about the Bermuda triangle that has me thinking is the fact that we haven't found any wreckage to my knowledge. But then again, the ocean is a big place.

13. BSM1

BSM1 What? Me worry?

Ratings:
    +8,360
    Religion:

This is, of course, the obvious answer, but to my knowledge this has not been shown to be the main factor. I can understand the compasses but the radios completely going out poses a problem.

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. Tony Bristow-Stagg

Tony Bristow-Stagg Ocean Immersion
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +3,834
    Religion:
    Baha'i
    I have wondered about a major pole shift and maybe this force is building from the very core of earth?

From a Faith perspective, there are many passages that hint to a possible change in the earths rotation, but the passages need to look at both the spiritual aspect and what could happen in the material world. This biblical passage to me hints of two events happening at the same time;

Isaiah 24:20 'The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, and shall be removed like a cottage; and the transgression thereof shall be heavy upon it; and it shall fall, and not rise again."

I see the part that will not rise again is the earthly aspect of mankind, that is materialism and on the other hand I see an event that will change the earths rotation.

In the Baha'i writings there is a hint that Greenland will be a temperate climate and that current cities will not survive what is to come.

Just another thought.

Regards Tony

15. RabbiO

RabbiO הרב יונה בן זכריה

Ratings:
    +2,224
    Religion:
    Judaism
    Why?

What do you think about it?

16. Gerry

Gerry Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +900
    Religion:
    Love and truth
    It’s probably triangular and is probably somewhere near bermuda.
    Or not. Never know these days.

17. Frank Goad

Frank Goad Active Member

Ratings:
    +132
    Religion:
    I officially believe the jehovah's witness religion.
    I think it is strange that so many boats have had bad luck there.:( I think the gravitational pull in the bermuda triangle might work in a way that makes boats act crazy.

• Like Like x 1
  18. BSM1

BSM1 What? Me worry?

Ratings:
    +8,360
    Religion:

Re: post #7. I have sailed through the area a few times and only had this experience once.

19. Dan From Smithville

Dan From Smithville Well-Known Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6,256
    Religion:
    Christian (Methodist)
    I saw a program once that referenced a study using data from Lloyds of London. The study indicated that randomly examining an area the same size as the Bermuda Triangle in any ocean revealed the same sorts of mysterious events and disappearances. With the BT, someone just picked an area and made it famous. Oceans are dangerous places no matter which one you are on.

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. SalixIncendium

SalixIncendium सच्चिदानन्द
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +9,687
    Religion:
    Advaitist Hindu
    I was so going to post this.

• Funny Funny x 2