• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you think of spiritualism?Good or bad?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
What do you think of spiritualism?Good or bad?For me bad.Because I am methodist.:)
I see nothing wrong with spiritualism. I think it is good, although possibly it could be misleading or harmful when mediums are not competent or they are charlatans.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
As a practice, I think its interesting and can be beneficial if used in a positive manner, or for positive means.

As a religion... I guess I don't see the point.

I admit that my understanding of this topic is limited. If anyone could fill in any details on what the purpose is(other than outright communicating with passed spirits), I'd appreciate it.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
As a practice, I think its interesting and can be beneficial if used in a positive manner, or for positive means.

As a religion... I guess I don't see the point.

I admit that my understanding of this topic is limited. If anyone could fill in any details on what the purpose is(other than outright communicating with passed spirits), I'd appreciate it.
I don't think that spiritualism pretends to be a religion, but sometimes it is presented as an alternative to religion, especially when it presents what happens in the afterlife.
For example, these are two books about the afterlife that I really like.

The Afterlife Revealed
Private Dowding

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
What do you think of spiritualism?Good or bad?For me bad.Because I am methodist.:)

I know a few Christians who practice spiritualism and are also interested in researching and investigating the paranormal. They told me that their primary goal as spiritualists is to encourage lost and confused earthbound spirits to cross over into the spirit world.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Don't think much about it, honestly. Its superfluous and unnecessary for my tradition, too grounded in western and Christian assumptions about the world.