• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you think of my new avatar?

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Mary was just a human being so why should she be given a crown? She was most probably not nobility in her lifetime any way and besides, that you would crown her suggests to me that you support royalty as a concept.

Well, anyone can wear a crown... I used to have one. :D (Lost it... :( )

I found a pink feathery and glittery one at a garage sale last summer. I bought it for my husband. ;)

danieldemol

Premium Member
Well, anyone can wear a crown... I used to have one. :D (Lost it... :( )

I found a pink feathery and glittery one at a garage sale last summer. I bought it for my husband. ;)
Well I mean sure, if the OP's intent was to take Mary as ruler no more seriously than a drag queen it is quite acceptable to me ;)

That was not the impression I got from the image however, to me it appeared to have theocratic implication, although perhaps the OP only intends to serve Mary as ruler over people in a heaven that is not and will never be on earth?

If so i would question why she would want Mary as ruler in her heaven, but it would not bother me to the degree that someone who thinks Mary and her like were actually qualified for leadership here on earth.

In my opinion.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Well I mean sure, if the OP's intent was to take Mary as ruler no more seriously than a drag queen it is quite acceptable to me ;)

That was not the impression I got from the image however, to me it appeared to have theocratic implication, although perhaps the OP only intends to serve Mary as ruler over people in a heaven that is not and will never be on earth?

If so i would question why she would want Mary as ruler in her heaven, but it would not bother me to the degree that someone who thinks Mary and her like were actually qualified for leadership here on earth.

In my opinion.

Hey, my husband's no drag queen... he's just pretty. :D

This is only my opinion, and many will disagree strongly, but I sometimes see Mother Mary as being a symbol for the Divine Feminine or a Divine Mother(the perfect mother), with the role of nurturing us all. Though the Abrahamic faiths have largely rejected the concept of the Divine Feminine, I feel some still have that need, and using Mary as an icon for such is a way to honor Her in a way that doesn't violate their religion's outlook.

I think its deeper than just "she was Jesus's Ma"; she fills in for Mother in a broad, spiritual sense. (In my opinion. ;) )

danieldemol

Premium Member
Hey, my husband's no drag queen... he's just pretty. :D

This is only my opinion, and many will disagree strongly, but I sometimes see Mother Mary as being a symbol for the Divine Feminine or a Divine Mother(the perfect mother), with the role of nurturing us all. Though the Abrahamic faiths have largely rejected the concept of the Divine Feminine, I feel some still have that need, and using Mary as an icon for such is a way to honor Her in a way that doesn't violate their religion's outlook.

I think its deeper than just "she was Jesus's Ma"; she fills in for Mother in a broad, spiritual sense. (In my opinion. ;) )
What qualities of Mary make her the perfect mother as opposed to say a relatively average first century mother?

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
What qualities of Mary make her the perfect mother as opposed to say a relatively average first century mother?

Personally, I don't know. I don't come from a tradition which revers her, so don't have any strong feelings on her(either positive or negative). But, I always take the time to bid her 'namaste' if I run across her, simply acknowledging her as another manifestation of that divine She.

My favorite Divine Feminine figure would probably be Sita. :)

Goddess-Sita.jpg