• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you think of Jeremiah 29:8-9?

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Defined: A group of people dedicated to delusional reinterpretations of texts that require them to ignore inconsistencies as doctrine. Their actions and beliefs are... shall we say, the natural fruit of those reinterpretations to keep it civil.
Well... thank you! :)

I believe this is what they said about Jesus:

The Son of man is come eating and drinking; and ye say, Behold a gluttonous man, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners!

I feel like I am in good company. :)

Reactions: Moz

Tumah

Veteran Member

The Son of man is come eating and drinking; and ye say, Behold a gluttonous man, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners!

Having not taken their warning - even after the NT is shown to be full of garbage time and again - you are definitely in some type of company.

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member

And Mark 3:21 tells us what some of Jesus' nearest and dearest thought...

'When his family heard this, they set out to restrain him, because they said, "He's out of his mind."'

Should have stuck to being a carpenter, man.

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
It means "Blind lead blind".
Matthew 15:14 Leave them alone. They are blind guides of the blind. If the blind guide the blind, both will fall into a pit.”

Jeremiah 29 is referring to the Babylonian made up texts, and ideas; which is then where the Pharisees (Blind Guides) came from, which then created Christianity (John, Paul, and Simon) contrary to Christ.

If understood in terms of a Dharma intelligence test, it makes a great exam to see who is paying attention to contexts.

In my opinion. :innocent:

wizanda

Premium Member
In Jeremiah 29:8.What does it mean neither hearken to your to your dreams which ye cause to be dreamed?
Jeremiah 23:25 “I have heard what the prophets have said, who prophesy lies in my name, saying, ‘I had a dream! I had a dream!’

It is paraphrasing himself poetically/prophetically, so the first instance is the people claiming they had a dream (Jeremiah 23:25), and second is challenging the dream as being real (Jeremiah 29:8).

The context of Jeremiah 23 starts with the false leaders over the flock, who have been there from the time of Yeshua's death, and the Diaspora based on Zechariah 11's timeline; where Zechariah 11:15-17's wording is continued in Jeremiah 23:1, Ezekiel 34:2 before the return of the Messiah, where the false leaders have misled everyone since Babylon.

Kenny

Premium Member
Having not taken their warning - even after the NT is shown to be full of garbage time and again - you are definitely in some type of company.
Yes, as the Pharisee Paul said: "The unbelievers smell a deadly stench that leads to death (garbage), but believers smell the life-giving aroma that leads to abundant life. And who of us can rise to this challenge?" TPT (Italics mine) - it smells good to me. :) Saved my marriage.

Last edited:

Kenny

Premium Member
And Mark 3:21 tells us what some of Jesus' nearest and dearest thought...

'When his family heard this, they set out to restrain him, because they said, "He's out of his mind."'

Should have stuck to being a carpenter, man.
Great quote... But they became believers after the resurrection. James, who wrote the book by the same name, was his brother.

Kenny

Premium Member
Matthew 15:14 Leave them alone. They are blind guides of the blind. If the blind guide the blind, both will fall into a pit.”

Jeremiah 29 is referring to the Babylonian made up texts, and ideas; which is then where the Pharisees (Blind Guides) came from, which then created Christianity (John, Paul, and Simon) contrary to Christ.

If understood in terms of a Dharma intelligence test, it makes a great exam to see who is paying attention to contexts.

I don't think you have the history correct.

You would be hard pressed to prove that the texts were Babylonian. A false assumption - in my opinion. ;)

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
What do you mean?:confused:

Well, It is like the catholic church when it says to not believe false prophets like astrologers or voodoo preachers, or whatever weird. They are competitors in the same type of market.

Ciao

- viole

Kenny

Premium Member

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    83 bytes · Views: 0

wizanda

Premium Member
But I'm not quoting "the Talmud"
The Talmud is a collection of the oral traditions, which is where Pharisaic Judaism came from, and what Yeshua cut the Jews off for....

Paul, John, and Simon were all Pharisees teaching these principles.

Kenny

Premium Member
The Talmud is a collection of the oral traditions, which is where Pharisaic Judaism came from, and what Yeshua cut the Jews off for....

Paul, John, and Simon were all Pharisees teaching these principles.

:)

Actually, Paul threw out some of the Talmud as Jesus said, "But ye say, Whosoever shall say to his father or his mother, It is a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me;6 And honour not his father or his mother, he shall be free. Thus have ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition." - tradition being some of the positions derived from the Talmud.

Paul stuck strictly to Tannakh when he changed from being Saul.

Shalom!

Ken