• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you think of Isaiah 47?

Frank Goad

What do you think of Isaiah 47?:) If you click on the bible verse long enough.It will take you to a page that translates it.:)

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Isaiah is a hard to read book, one about a prophet of God giving foreboding messages to kingdoms that have turned against God. There's a whole lot of symbolism, too. It seems to be talking about Babylon, which is sometimes depicted as a woman gone astray, though I'm not sure if when they say Babylon, they're talking about Babylon the kingdom, or using it metaphorically to warn against all God's enemies.

Jeremiah Ames

What do you think of Isaiah 47?:) If you click on the bible verse long enough.It will take you to a page that translates it.:)

Isaiah is a wonderful book full of wisdom

it is a warning to each of us (who listen to the Lord)

without truth, we will devolve into all kinds of folly

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
there is no stupid question

but perhaps stupid comments, from mean people

@Jayhawker Soule is probably just concerned this is a covert "Do you see lucid dreaming and astral projection?" thread that's not really about Isaiah 47 which is a pretty good chapter about Babylon and in fact, I happen to like the whole book of Isaiah despite not being a Christian.

Like as we can see here, the question goes back to magic:

I think this basically says magic is not stronger then God.:)

In which case, after I carefully answered assuming the question wasn't about magic, I'll now answer the question that is about magic, and say.... I think the Bible does depict God as stronger than magic, but to the best of my knowledge, the Bible is also kind of against magic, sorcery, etc.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
@Jayhawker Soule is probably just concerned this is a covert "Do you see lucid dreaming and astral projection?" thread that's not really about Isaiah 47 which is a pretty good chapter about Babylon and in fact, I happen to like the whole book of Isaiah despite not being a Christian.
I simply think that Isaiah 47:5 is clearly nowhere near as interesting as is Exodus 35:3.