• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you think of goddess Freya?

Starlight

Spiritual but not religious, new age and omnist
I believe Norse myth intimates that they come from another planet. I have been there in a different incarnation so the desire to return is not so strange.

I don't believe there is any record of deities remembering a previous life but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

Memories of past lives sometimes filter into the consciousness but most of them do not. It would be too much baggage to carry.
why do you believe Freya is from another planet? I'm just curious

where in norse myth do they say gods and godessess reincarnate?

Starlight

I believe Norse myth intimates that they come from another planet. I have been there in a different incarnation so the desire to return is not so strange.

I don't believe there is any record of deities remembering a previous life but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

Memories of past lives sometimes filter into the consciousness but most of them do not. It would be too much baggage to carry.
so you believe gods and goddesess reincarnate? Why do you believe that?

Starlight

Same here. I believe the deities of all pantheons are real. There are a few non-Hindu deities I revere, though not full-on worship. I wouldn’t disrespect any of them, however.
Interessting you believe in deities from other faiths than hinduism

Starlight

Do you believe Freya is a goddess or do you believe she is more like a angel? I ask this because you are christian. Normally christians only believe in One God

Muffled

Jesus in me
Why do you believe this?

I agree with this. Sometimes when I hear people talk about the 'mercy of God', I think the mercy boils down to the fact that we can't remember our past lives typically, or we'd pine to death over lost loved ones and any regretful actions that we can no longer change.

I believe the text says they come from a system with nine worlds. If they are talking about inhabitable worlds, that certainly isn't our solar system. Different worlds might explain why the Caucasians have so many different races: Dwarves, elves, wolves and gods.

I remember something about a past life I would like to forget but it is so important for me to learn a lesson that I must endure it.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I don't think she's from another planet, and I don't think she'd either 'reincarnate'(because, to my knowledge, Norse deities didn't typically do this) or forget.

I believe there is no record of what happened to Norse deities but since they are immortal then one would expect them to be here unless they left to return to their home planets. However even immortals can be killed and that would allow them to be reincarnated with God's permission of course.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I believe there is no record of what happened to Norse deities but since they are immortal then one would expect them to be here unless they left to return to their home planets. However even immortals can be killed and that would allow them to be reincarnated with God's permission of course.

I think you might enjoy the works of Zecharia Sitchin.

Bear Wild

The Norse deities are still here as are the Celtic deities and none are from another planet. You may be having some confusion because of marvel comics. Is El Elyon, El Shaddai or YHWH still around or left to a different planet? No god or goddess needs any other god or goddesses permission to be reincarnated!