• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you think is the cause of Marian apparitions?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Hi, I'm just wondering what your opinion is about Marian apparitions. They are too numerous to count. What do you think is responsible for them?

On October 13, 1917 a Miracle took place that Mary had promised would take place before a crowd of more than 30,000 people. Miracle of the Sun - Wikipedia She also warned the children she was appearing to about the coming of world war 2 and the rise of communism in Russia years in advance. (This May 13 will be the 100 year anniversary of Mary appearing at Fatima Portugal.) Our Lady of Fátima - Wikipedia
our-lady-of-fatima.jpg

In 1858, the Blessed Virgin Mary began appearing to a humble, illiterate, peasant girl, Bernadette Soubirous. A miraculous Spring emerged at the location of the apparition site where healings took place Our Lady of Lourdes - Wikipedia
LourdesMB.jpg

In 1859, Professor Vergez of the Faculty of Medicine at Montpellier was appointed to examine the cures. Seven cures were recorded before 1862 promoting the argument for the recognition of the Apparitions by Bishop Laurence. Almost 7,000 cures have been documented at the waters of Lourdes. Miracle Hunter: Lourdes - List of Approved Miracles There is a medical Bureau whose job it is to certify miracles at Lourdes. For a miracle to get certified it has to have prior documentation, no explanation, and has to be a complete healing (Not partial) and has to take place instantaneously (not a healing that takes place over time).

Mary appeared on top of a Church to over 500,000 people in Egypt

In 1947 she appeared at Tre Fontane with a Bible in her hand to a Protestant who had vowed to kill the Pope. The man converted to Catholicism and begged the Pope's forgiveness. The Apparition at Tre Fontane
She said she was the woman clothed with the sun, standing on the moon, with a crown of 12 stars from Revelation 12.

On December 12, 1531 she left this image on Juan Diego's Tilma,
275px-Virgen_de_guadalupe1.jpg

Which lead to the conversion of the Aztecs and is largely what is responsible for Mexico and South America being predominately Catholic. The image has been examined by Scientists who declare it shows no evidence of being a painting and it is impossible for it to be reproduced. Our Lady of Guadalupe - Wikipedia It has also survived a bomb blast

There have been many countless other apparitions and miracles linked to the Virgin Mary.

Revelation 12
1 A great sign appeared in the sky, a woman* clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars.

Last edited by a moderator:

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Hi, I'm just wondering what your opinion is about Marian apparitions. They are too numerous to count. What do you think is responsible for them?

On October 13, 1917 a Miracle took place that Mary had promised would take place before a crowd of more than 30,000 people. Miracle of the Sun - Wikipedia She also warned the children she was appearing to about the coming of world war 2 and the rise of communism in Russia years in advance. (This May 13 will be the 100 year anniversary of Mary appearing at Fatima Portugal.) Our Lady of Fátima - Wikipedia
our-lady-of-fatima.jpg

In 1858, the Blessed Virgin Mary began appearing to a humble, illiterate, peasant girl, Bernadette Soubirous. A miraculous Spring emerged at the location of the apparition site where healings took place Our Lady of Lourdes - Wikipedia
LourdesMB.jpg

In 1859, Professor Vergez of the Faculty of Medicine at Montpellier was appointed to examine the cures. Seven cures were recorded before 1862 promoting the argument for the recognition of the Apparitions by Bishop Laurence. Almost 7,000 cures have been documented at the waters of Lourdes. Miracle Hunter: Lourdes - List of Approved Miracles There is a medical Bureau whose job it is to certify miracles at Lourdes. For a miracle to get certified it has to have prior documentation, no explanation, and has to be a complete healing (Not partial) and has to take place instantaneously (not a healing that takes place over time).

In 1947 she appeared at Tre Fontane with a Bible in her hand to a Protestant who had vowed to kill the Pope. The man converted to Catholicism and begged the Pope's forgiveness. The Apparition at Tre Fontane
She said she was the woman clothed with the sun, standing on the moon, with a crown of 12 stars from Revelation 12.

Which lead to the conversion of the Aztecs and is largely what is responsible for Mexico and South America being predominately Catholic. The image has been examined by Scientists who declare it shows no evidence of being a painting and it is impossible for it to be reproduced. Our Lady of Guadalupe - Wikipedia It has also survived a bomb blast

There have been many countless other apparitions and miracles linked to the Virgin Mary.

Revelation 12
1 A great sign appeared in the sky, a woman* clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars.

I dont see these as miracles, actually. Miracles, to me, are mundane. They are spiritual in that we are not looking for the supernatural and putting together clues to proove god exist. Miracles are babies being born. Its my living another day. Its a child smiling in the middle of his poverty and his mother surviving only by her faith in god.

Its more than the stigmata, miraclous happenings, and superstitionz (by strict definition). God shouldnt need miracles to be god. Jesus was an everyday joe smo. He looked up to his father. He equated himself as the son of man, died as the son if man, and will be resurrected as the son of man.

These are beautiful but the more supernatural it becomes, the less I call it a miracle.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
As a side note: A few years back there was supposedly a sighting of the Virgin Mary in, I believe, Luckenbach, TX. I remember the hysteria surround the event. The news people were showing clips of ecstatic people wearing T-shirts saying "I saw the Virgin in Luckenbach". The capitalist side of me wanted to rush to Texas with a truck load of T-shirts saying "I've never seen a virgin in Luckenbach". (No offense people of Luckenbach.)

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
What do you think is the cause of Marian apparitions?

I think the cause is Mary's wish to support her believers particularly in this age of science and secularism.

Kelly of the Phoenix

Hi, I'm just wondering what your opinion is about Marian apparitions.
About the same as I feel when Natives find some Europeans and think some deity has just appeared.

She also warned the children she was appearing to about the coming of world war 2
1 and 2 are highly related.

A miraculous Spring emerged at the location of the apparition site where healings took place Our Lady of Lourdes - Wikipedia
Is it like this? Sorry it's just a screen grab of one page, but it still mentions other healing sites.

In 1947 she appeared at Tre Fontane with a Bible in her hand to a Protestant who had vowed to kill the Pope. The man converted to Catholicism and begged the Pope's forgiveness.
I guess it's no shock a Protestant would assume Mary would have a book that didn't exist when she was alive. :p

The image has been examined by Scientists who declare it shows no evidence of being a painting and it is impossible for it to be reproduced.
LOL.

"Scientist": Ignore the gold leaf, the ink, the brush strokes, the conformity with certain art styles ... it's divine. Really.

Evie

our-lady-of-fatima.jpg

LourdesMB.jpg

Revelation 12
I consider a 'miracle' to experience absolute freedom from something which held you 'prisoner' to it. An instant release. Not a drawn out release. Overnight I experienced such a miracle.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Mary who? There are two significant Mary's in Biblical accounts. Mary the mother of Jesus and Mary Magdalene who was the First person he appeared to after His resurrection.
The Blessed Virgin, obviously! Who else did you think this thread was about?

Evie

I
I believe Mary Magdalene was extremely blessed to be the First Jesus appeared to after His resurrection.
I have to wonder why He chose Mary Magdalene for such an important event instead of His mother.