• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you think God looks like?

Omer

Hi Katzpur;

Thanks for your comments on my post. I admire your ideas about God, and I respect what the Bible has to say about it. I was just making a personal comment based upon the last revelation. and I think that the Bible account of God creating man in His own image (correct me if i'm wrong) has also truth in it. I just think that this has a more spiritual meaning, instead of meaning to attribute human qualities to God Allmighty.
Looking forward to further posts;
peace

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Katzpur said:
So, we were created in the image of someone (or something?) that has no image?

I believe He described Himself in Genesis. Some would just prefer to say, "Well, that may be what the Bible says. But, hey, I know better!" Again, in Hebrews, we're reminded that Jesus was in the "express image of His [Father's] person." Oh, but God doesn't have an image and He is not in the form of a person Himself. Evidently the Bible doesn't mean what it's saying there either. :banghead3

Then you need to know more! ;)
Kathryn, I always wonder if the trap we fall into isn't one of misunderstanding - especially in this sort of subject.

"in his image" - I tend to view more as "with his potential to be forgiving, loving.... all the good attributes (forget looks ) does that enable you to understand how someone could describe God as intangible,with no human form?:)

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Renaldo said:
He would look like Mr C's avatar.

Question: Would god defy the process of aging appearance? LOL
If I was God, I'd prefer to look old - more experience, 'weathered' - I would have thought he'd feel haggard, with us running around down here, messing up his creation (oops sorry, wrong word:D ):biglaugh:

Cynic

Tawn said:
Well he is supposed to have created man in his image.. but then I cant imagine an onmipotent being having any definite form.
Something that's infinite, can't. It would be just as tangible as 0.

constantine

the Great
michel said:
Kathryn, I always wonder if the trap we fall into isn't one of misunderstanding - especially in this sort of subject.

"in his image" - I tend to view more as "with his potential to be forgiving, loving.... all the good attributes (forget looks ) does that enable you to understand how someone could describe God as intangible,with no human form?:)
noone ever sees god but we all have our symbols of god....they come in many forms that represent the same to all...peace and love but creates war and hate.

mr.guy

crapsack
michel said:
If I was God, I'd prefer to look old - more experience, 'weathered' - I would have thought he'd feel haggard,
I think Prince has got a good look for a god.

cardero

Citizen Mod
mr.guy said:
I think Prince has got a good look for a god.
Prince sort of has both genders covered too. Not to get far off topic but I bet you GOD is just as funky as Prince.

ChrisP

Veteran Member
carrdero said:
Prince sort of has both genders covered too. Not to get far off topic but I bet you GOD is just as funky as Prince.
Prince may be funky, but James Brown's got SOUL BROTHA!!:jam:

cardero

Citizen Mod
SnaleSpace said:
Prince may be funky, but James Brown's got SOUL BROTHA!!:jam:
The GODfather!!!:bounce

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
*is justifiably ashamed* I must go post another thread in penance! I'll try to get the song out of someone's head, to make up for my wicked, wicked ways. Of course, it'll probably be by putting another one in place of it...

ChrisP

Veteran Member
FeathersinHair said:
*is justifiably ashamed* I must go post another thread in penance! I'll try to get the song out of someone's head, to make up for my wicked, wicked ways. Of course, it'll probably be by putting another one in place of it...
Hmm Wicked ways, isn't that a garbage song? The cycle begins again!!! :rolleyes: