• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you think God looks like?

Omer

I agree with Tawn about God having no material or any sort of form. All the images ranging from an old man with a white beard to giant elephants are artificial and contsructed by men. Because God is beyond our imagination, how can he be described with our restricted intellect?
All i know is that "God is the light of the heavens and the earth" and that He is "Light upon Light".

Malus 12:9

Temporarily Deactive.
EnhancedSpirit said:
When God doesn't look like George Burns, she looks like:
Does he have gender changes? :eek::biglaugh:going from George Burns to that is
definitly what I would call a miracle feat.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Todd said:
Since I believe in the trinity, I will describe what I believe God the Father to look like.

1. Can't be viewed with the human eye, because he's so awesome and magnificent.
2. Once in heaven, my imagination says he will be a bright shining light that will light the universe, but not like the Sun (ie. not a light that can burn like the Sun).
3. The Face of God would probably be Stern and Kind at the same time.
4. His face would show that he has infinitely wisdom
5. Physically, I would expect a long grey beard, since he is as old as time.
6. I would think he would have to be undiscribably gigantic since he created the universe.

That being said, who really knows.
I'd go along with 1,2 and 6 - I think the other "Features" are probably superfluous; I doubt that he would be 'manlike' - and I guess we will only find out once we are no longer here.:)

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Hmm... I was just mentally reviewing this thread and realized that I was essentially informed "Your god eats green coconuts."

*pretends to look offended*

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Omer said:
I agree with Tawn about God having no material or any sort of form.
So, we were created in the image of someone (or something?) that has no image?

All the images ranging from an old man with a white beard to giant elephants are artificial and contsructed by men. Because God is beyond our imagination, how can he be described with our restricted intellect?
I believe He described Himself in Genesis. Some would just prefer to say, "Well, that may be what the Bible says. But, hey, I know better!" Again, in Hebrews, we're reminded that Jesus was in the "express image of His [Father's] person." Oh, but God doesn't have an image and He is not in the form of a person Himself. Evidently the Bible doesn't mean what it's saying there either. :banghead3

All i know is that "God is the light of the heavens and the earth" and that He is "Light upon Light".
Then you need to know more! ;)

ChrisP

Veteran Member
TheJedi said:
The Force manifests itself everywhere, in every person, plant, animal, thing. The Force is formless, because it is everything.
I think the Force musta've been talking to Lao Tzu :p

Fluffy

A fool
I don't know what my god looks like because I have never been close enough to him to be able to find out. All I know is that he exists.

I do know what my goddess looks like though. The best way of describing it is to think of the personification of the feeling one gets sometimes when gazing up at the moon in a nights sky.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
mr.guy said:
i always figured god was a lot like henry rollins. especially when he's yelling
Like this?

concerts_henryrollins.jpg

That scares me badly. *hides in corner and whimpers quietly*

Neo-Logic

Reality Checker
Kind of like my invisible imaginary friend whom I blame stuff on, Bubba. I'll let you know when I find either one of them.

cardero

Citizen Mod
What does GOD look like?
DISCLAIMER: the following rendition has been described to me in great detail to the best of my artistic abilities.