• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you think are the Worlds Greatest Inventions

Tiapan

Grumpy Old Man
Obviously things like the printing press, the steam engine and the airplane are examples of inventions that have generally improved humanity. I was surprised when I read the other day, that one of the greatest inventions of the industrial revolution was the humble washing machine.

Why The Washing Machine Was The Greatest Invention Of The Industrial Revolution

Worldwide woman can spend up to 4 hours a day washing, so by freeing them of this time consuming burden, humanity can advanced because women can pursue more diverse activities in the same day. Unfortunately because of lack of electricity 2 billion woman cannot access this wonderful invention, denying them many (wo)man hours in other positive tasks.

What do you think are the worlds greatest inventions, and why.

Cheers
...and peace be with you too

Last edited:

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
atl-atl
sling
wheel
stone tools and weapons

...these the greatest and longest lasting inventions.

Whiterain

Get me off of this planet
There are a lot of inventions leading up to jet engines but I find them amazing.

6NprVHb.jpg

aj88kA2.jpg

The combustion engine is becoming archaic. I hope a new propulsion system is mastered in my
lifetime.

Kxv0apH.jpg

Such powar

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Obviously things like the printing press, the steam engine and the airplane are examples of inventions that have generally improved humanity. I was surprised when I read the other day, that one of the greatest inventions of the industrial revolution was the humble washing machine.

Why The Washing Machine Was The Greatest Invention Of The Industrial Revolution

Worldwide woman can spend up to 4 hours a day washing, so by freeing them of this time consuming burden, humanity can advanced because women can pursue more diverse activities in the same day. Unfortunately because of lack of electricity 2 billion woman cannot access this wonderful invention, denying them many (wo)man hours in other positive tasks.
That's a good one!
(I collect washing machines, from hand powered ones up thru gasoline engine ones.)
It freed up a woman's time to do other things, eg, making sammiches.

The flush toilet is one of the greatest boons to public health.
http://moreintelligentlife.com/content/ideas/flush-toilet-greatest-invention
And now we have the Kohler Cimmaron, which is the most clog-free &
easy to maintain toilet yet. And it uses only 1.3 gal per flush!
I wish they'd upgrade the RF lavatory with them.....<grumble> <grumble>....

Btw, I offer my thanx to all posters who refrained from nominating this modern wonder.
I know you were tempted, but I am clearly the singular poster entitled to name it.

Last edited:

Tiapan

Grumpy Old Man
There are a lot of inventions leading up to jet engines but I find them amazing.

The combustion engine is becoming archaic. I hope a new propulsion system is mastered in my lifetime.

Such powar

Yep I am amazed at the power of the tiny Allison turbine that keeps me in the air when I am flying the jet ranger.