• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you think are some good resources for converts to Islam?

I was wondering if there is any particular information you think converts to Islam would like more information on? If you're a convert what would you like to see in terms of advice? I'm asking as I'd like to put up some resources on my blog to help converts.

My blog can be viewed here: islamonlinelearning.blogspot.com

Assalamu Alaikum. Those are some handy resources...I think the online course info is especially useful, gives something structured.

Can no-one post links, do we always have to put dot etc?

Bismillah

Submit
For starters I normally show them Al-Fathiha as the purpose of Islam, the Qur'an and its message.

[FONT=goudy old style, book antiqua, bell mt][FONT=goudy old style, book antiqua, bell mt]The Fatiha[/FONT]
dot_clear.gif

dot_clear.gif

[FONT=goudy old style, book antiqua, bell mt]B[/FONT]ismillaah ar-Rahman ar-Raheem
Al hamdu lillaahi rabbil 'alameen
Ar-Rahman ar-Raheem Maaliki yaumid Deen
Iyyaaka na'abudu wa iyyaaka nasta'een
Ihdinas siraatal mustaqeem
Siraatal ladheena an 'amta' alaihim
Ghairil maghduubi' alaihim waladaaleen
Aameen

dot_clear.gif

[FONT=goudy old style, book antiqua, bell mt]I[/FONT]n the name of God, the infinitely Compassionate and Merciful.
Praise be to God, Lord of all the worlds.
The Compassionate, the Merciful. Ruler on the Day of Reckoning.
You alone do we worship, and You alone do we ask for help.
Guide us on the straight path,
the path of those who have received your grace;
not the path of those who have brought down wrath, nor of those who wander astray.
Amen.
[/FONT]

That's beautiful!

I think the Fatiha contains the keys of God's religion... when one knows the Fatiha by heart, Satan will not come hear the reciter. :)

Thanks for your help Bismillah! (and Dawud Talut, although he appears to have deleted his comment?) InshAllah I will have the post up soon, as I am still adding to the resources.