• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you think about TV Evangalists?

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
What do I think about TV Evangelists? I think I wish the only way to get HIV was by being one!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Excatly what I think of Televangelist:
Spineless from the start, sucked into the part
circus comes to town, you play the lead clown
Please, please
spreading his disease, living by his story
Knees, knees
falling to your knees, suffer for his glory
You will
Time for lust, time for lie
time to kiss your life goodbye
Send me money, send me green
Heaven you will meet
Make a contribution
and you'll get a better seat
Bow to Leper Messiah
Marvel at his tricks, need your Sunday fix
blind devotion came, rotting your brain
Chain, chain
Join the endless chain
Taken by his glamour
Fame, Fame
Infection is the game, stinking drunk with power
We see
Heaven you will meet
Make a contribution
Bow to Leper Messiah
Bow to Leper Messiah
Witchery, weakening
Sees the sheep are gathering
set the trap, hypnotize
now you follow
Heaven you will meet
Make a contribution
Bow to Leper Messiah
Lie.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Fortunately they have not yet arrived on UK tv ( if they have I'v missed them.)
But as they would not find it easy to get round the regulations and make MONEY. It sure puts their motives on the line and explains why they are not here.

Terry

njcl

i watched a sattelite tv evangelist show,cut the story short the preacher was damning sarah for not believing god that she would conceive at the age of a 100,HELLO!!!!........and who the hell are you mister to condemn the patriachs...*FUME*

Scott1

ThisShouldMakeSense said:
I saw Benny Hinn on TV the other day and was quite interested in what he was doing. I know a lot of people think it's fake, but others swear that he has healed them. What do you think? Do you think he heals people by God's power or perhaps another power? Do you think he can heal people at all? Is he a fake?
Bye the way, i'd like to know what you think about faith healers in general. Benny Hinn is just one example that came to mind.
I have a lot of respect for these Godly men and women (they're gonna burn in hell).... I'm sure they only want to help (rip off millions from those who need it most) and I wish them the best (Fry in hell you souless frauds). as they spred joy and hope to their followers.

Amen.;)

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
Melody said:
Aw JG....and I was just starting to like you. I like Joyce Meyers. Could it have anything to do with the fact that I find Osteen a bit...ummm....chauvinistic? :D
You don't like Joel? My wife loves him. Even bought his book. They had his wife on not to long ago and she did seem rather... passive? Lol.

njcl

SOGFPP said:
I have a lot of respect for these Godly men and women (they're gonna burn in hell).... I'm sure they only want to help (rip off millions from those who need it most) and I wish them the best (Fry in hell you souless frauds). as they spred joy and hope to their followers.

Amen.;)

LMAO.........thats a bit strong aint it??

Melody

jgallandt said:
You don't like Joel? My wife loves him. Even bought his book. They had his wife on not to long ago and she did seem rather... passive? Lol.
Not surprising. I happened to run across him at 2 a.m. and caught the part of his sermon about how his wife feels it is her duty to make him happy 24 hours a day. So when she knows he's coming home, she'll stop whatever she's doing and clean herself up and put on fresh makeup and a nice dress. Gack.

Scott1

Hehe.... those who prey on the spiritualy and physically poor are the worst kind of demons.

May God have Mercy on them.

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
Broad brushes are never appropriate.

There are some who are excellent.

There are many who should be arrested.

Melody

Thread title: What do you think about TV Evangalists?
Answer: They are crunchy and probably taste like chicken.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
What do you think of TV Evangelists?

Send me your social security check and I'll tell you.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
They are crunchy and probably taste like chicken.
And very tasty with ketchup on the side.

There is also A Charly Daniels song Long Haired Country Boy, the verse is:
Preacher man talkin' on the TV,
He's a-puttin' down the rock 'n' roll.
He wants me to send a donation, 'Cos he's worried about my soul.
He said: "Jesus walked on the water,"And I know that is true,
But sometimes I think that preacher man,
Would like to do a little walkin', too.

Send me frubals, send me coins
Heaven you will see
Make a contribution
and youll get a better seat.
If you don't, God will IP ban you from RF, and your computer will be plagued with viruses. Only your donation can prevent this dreadful fate!

Ok, im going to go slap myself now.

Stormygale

I was raised in the era when TV evangalism was at its peak, I feel. Names like Swaggart and Shambock and all those others from the eighties are called to memory. My mother made us set and watch Swaggart for an hour every Sunday, if our family failed to make it to church. Then, sometime later, Swaggart was 'caught'.
I have never held anything against the man. I feel that it was his own business, not ours. However, he was not living what he preached, and in the eye of the public, you must always uphold your own laws.
After that, evangalism was scarred. I never really cared for it after that. I think many people seemed to find that to be the topic of choice. Though, years afterward, I was surprized to see Swaggart on TV again, old, aged and wrinkled, with a small congregation following him.
Weird.
For the most part, I feel that TV evangs are in it for more of a show. It makes them known, and not to mention lines their pockets. This is only my 'opinion' from a lifetime of living under the shadow of religion. I find the 700 Club to be a farse. Though, the next person might follow it totally to the 't'. They have many great works....but, having money come in by the truckload will allow anyone to do great works. Who knows. Who cares...
Anywa...

niceguy

Thank God thease TV evangalists don't air in my country, let's keep it that way. We do have TV programs with religoues context and even complete sermons but nothing like those shows the first post warns about.