• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you think about the Black Sun?

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
Sir, I'm afraid you're in occultnik quicksand. Pull yourself by your bootstraps, buddy, and keep your wits about you. I'll let you in on a magical secret: good magicians can objectively enter subjective states, and know when they project aspects of their egos. Powerless schmucks get enamored by the illusion.
here here

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
What sets the "Pentagram of Set" apart from other pentagrams?
full

Basically, the five points of the inverse pentagram do not touch the outer circle or the ends of the surrounding orb, symbolizing the Essence of Set, the soul or psyche as distinct and separate from the laws of the Cosmic Order.

agorman

Premium Member
Horus' identity is at least partially reliant on Set himself, so why would Horus want to move you away from Set? Without Set, Horus as we know him could not have existed.

At least as I see it according to UPGs, Horus is the one who rules or believes to rule the Solar System. Set seems to be a rebel against Horus's rule, although tolerated by Isis for some reason (balance?). Isis once transmitted me "you are not ready yet to have Set on your altar" (why?).

Sir, I'm afraid you're in occultnik quicksand. Pull yourself by your bootstraps, buddy, and keep your wits about you. I'll let you in on a magical secret: good magicians can objectively enter subjective states, and know when they project aspects of their egos. Powerless schmucks get enamored by the illusion.

It's relatively easy to distinguish an illusion. When images suddenly appear on their own, they're visions of some place in another plane/level of the Universe like the astral. When you have to make an effort to create everything, it's your illusion and you're in control of it. Although when you use your imagination you're affecting the mental and astral planes, so your illusion could become a starting point to see astral realities.

BTW, I'm tired of being told my UPGs are just delusions. After all you don't know me enough to draw conclusions about what I experienced or not. Most people who say "hey, you're hallucinating" say it because of fear that I might be really perceving scary stuff they're not used to.

But there's a relatively easy way to fall in a trance and find out by yourself. Try relaxing and listening at recordings of shaman drums while you call your preferred deity.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
At least as I see it according to UPGs, Horus is the one who rules or believes to rule the Solar System. Set seems to be a rebel against Horus's rule, although tolerated by Isis for some reason (balance?). Isis once transmitted me "you are not ready yet to have Set on your altar" (why?).

Where in the world did you get this telling of the tale?

Kemble

BTW, I'm tired of being told my UPGs are just delusions. After all you don't know me enough to draw conclusions about what I experienced or not. Most people who say "hey, you're hallucinating" say it because of fear that I might be really perceving scary stuff they're not used to.

Not hallucinating. We can all be Cosmic Schmucks from time to time.

Last edited:

agorman

Premium Member
Not hallucinating. We can all be Cosmic Schmucks from time to time.

OK Sorry if it seemed as I was evangelizing people with my beliefs and UPGs. Sometimes I post them just to see if someone has experienced something similar.

agorman

Premium Member
Frankly dropping deity mysticism and making more room for a relationship with yourself yields better outcome.

Well how do you suggest I should do that? Most of the mysticism involves a relationship with a deity (at least buddhist deities that are also archetypes). So far I got pathetic results trying to use symbols like runes, planets, etc. to become my own god. That way, yes, I feel a great sensation of freedom, but it's really hard to achieve anything of importance. And I'm not sure if I should work on my chakras; some say you end up united with the Universe (or burnt by the Kundalini if you don't work with the guidance of a guru).

Upon witnessing the black sun you will see all else is red, and you will envision despair or lust.

Even before I read your post, exactly despair and lust is what I got when I put the black sun on my altar! I don't know if the despair/euphoria was exactly because of the excess of libido (and the unavailability of a friendly woman nearby :) ). Before I was almost sexually dead so, it came as a great remedy. But I took it off because I'm not exactly sure of its meaning or its effects on the mind yet.

Also, Set is essentially the Prince of Destruction

The Egyptian Shiva?

L.Keane

Master Cosmonaut~EoB
For those who might be interested, the Black Sun plays a prominent role in The Black Ship, a book by Malphas. The Black Sun is a symbol of, among other things, Pandemonium, the place of all Daemons.

http://siriusink.com/black-ship.html

agorman, enjoy your delusions about Set or...learn some critical thinking skills. One will lead you to self destruction and one will lead you to apprehending your Self and reality. You can figure out which is which.

Critical thinking web

Lloyd

agorman

Premium Member
agorman, enjoy your delusions about Set

LOL you talk about "Daemons", you're a member of the "Esoteric Order of Beelzebub" and then you dear to accuse me of having poor critical thinking skills! Ok, enough, I'm outta here!

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
LOL you talk about "Daemons", you're a member of the "Esoteric Order of Beelzebub" and then you dear to accuse me of having poor critical thinking skills! Ok, enough, I'm outta here!

Care to point out the exact unintelligence in his religion and order?

L.Keane

Master Cosmonaut~EoB
agorman, if you bothered to follow my link to the EoB website you would see that critical thinking is an essential part of the work we do both in EoB and within the Temple of Set. The term "Daemon" is the spelling used within The Black Ship for the "higher self", it's a metaphor which may, or may not, point to something ontological.

If you are afraid Set is going to destroy you based on a vision I can only suggest you leave the Left Hand Path alone.

In my religious faith the astral Black Sun is the emanation of the Universe and represents the Void. In my religion the Demon Sorath also embodies the Black Sun. He is a Sun God and extremely powerful in my practice.

Liu

Thread necromancy? Well, why not?

In my religious faith the astral Black Sun is the emanation of the Universe and represents the Void. In my religion the Demon Sorath also embodies the Black Sun. He is a Sun God and extremely powerful in my practice.

I thought the universe was an emanation of the void? At least it's like that in gnostic and qabbalistic/qliphotic texts I've read. How would it work the other way round?

The black sun to me is a symbol of the wisdom that can be found in places where one might not expect it, and in places associated with darkness in general (e.g. literal darkness, the subconscious, things new and unknown, ...).
My ava is a (very simplified) representation of it.

I also encountered it being used in relation to the qliphoth as referring to either Da'ath or to Thagirion (as the shadow aspect of Tiphereth who is associated with the sun in e.g. astrological equatings).

VioletVortex

I came across this thread while listening to music, and I heard the line "reflection of the Black Sun" just as I read the title. That's pretty strange.

I think the Black Sun could be regarded as a the objective equivalent of the Black Flame, the soul of the universe so to speak, possibly Chaos.

Last edited: