• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you think about other religions?

Do all the major religions..

• Teach spiritual virtues

Votes: 15 83.3%
  • Teach good character

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • Come from the same God

Votes: 11 61.1%

• Total voters

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
Religion is a double edged sword, we are social animals by nature, for those that can't get along religion might be just as right for haters as it is for do gooders because religion can have a nasty way of dealing with non believers and enemies. There's a mighty warm place for those that don't believe and for those that don't give to the cause, not a lot of love and brotherhood in that. If you have to learn love and brotherhood from a religion there might be something wrong with you because it ought to come natural to us.
I don’t think man ever learnt brotherhood except from the major religions.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Religion is a double edged sword, we are social animals by nature, for those that can't get along religion might be just as right for haters as it is for do gooders because religion can have a nasty way of dealing with non believers and enemies. There's a mighty warm place for those that don't believe and for those that don't give to the cause, not a lot of love and brotherhood in that. If you have to learn love and brotherhood from a religion there might be something wrong with you because it ought to come natural to us.
You're showing that you don't know about religion much beyond what some Abrahamic faiths teach.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
All of the major religions teach love and brotherhood.

What do you mean by teach? Say love one another every Sunday morning for sixty years? Where's the example of that love in their lives? Smiling a lot and saying bless you brother a lot while in church and then beginning to feud in the parking lot is not love or brotherhood.

Also, the Christian version of love is a problem for me. I calls its God love, a god that is intolerant, harshly judgmental, unjust and merciless in its punishments, and demanded a blood sacrifice in order to not have to torture all human beings. I have a better description of what love is, and it's not that.

I don’t think man ever learnt brotherhood except from the major religions.

Actually, the Humanists have the inside track there. While the major Abrahamic religions are arguing over just how much misogyny and homophobia is enough, humanists are tolerant and inclusive, and they don't just give it lip service. Humanists teach by example. They walk the walk. In the meantime, here you are promoting religions for this task, a task they've always failed at.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
What do you mean by teach? Say love one another every Sunday morning for sixty years? Where's the example of that love in their lives? Smiling a lot and saying bless you brother a lot while in church and then beginning to feud in the parking lot is not love or brotherhood.

Also, the Christian version of love is a problem for me. I calls its God love, a god that is intolerant, harshly judgmental, unjust and merciless in its punishments, and demanded a blood sacrifice in order to not have to torture all human beings. I have a better description of what love is, and it's not that.

Actually, the Humanists have the inside track there. While the major Abrahamic religions are arguing over just how much misogyny and homophobia is enough, humanists are tolerant and inclusive, and they don't just give it lip service. Humanists teach by example. They walk the walk. In the meantime, here you are promoting religions for this task, a task they've always failed at.
Religions are born and their effectiveness dies out after a while. That is why religion is renewed from age to age to meet the needs of the age and renew the spirit of love and brotherhood. The need today is for justice, peace and unity. A just system based on universal ethics and human rights. We need a new system which can stop wars not feed them and eliminate prejudices of race, religion and nationality. What is your answer?

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
My personal belief is that if no Prophets of God ever appeared, we would be lower than the animals. We would not know even abc or have any education whatsoever. We would not know love or justice or anything like that. We would be completely barbaric. The Prophets of God I believe, release an unseen and invisible spirit into the world which inspires learning, science, knowledge and culture without which we would be like an earth with no sun.

lukethethird

unknown member
My personal belief is that if no Prophets of God ever appeared, we would be lower than the animals. We would not know even abc or have any education whatsoever. We would not know love or justice or anything like that. We would be completely barbaric. The Prophets of God I believe, release an unseen and invisible spirit into the world which inspires learning, science, knowledge and culture without which we would be like an earth with no sun.
Give one example of real and actual knowledge found within a religious text that we could not otherwise have known. Religion is the antithesis of learning and knowledge, religion is what keeps people superstitious and barbaric. Have you actually read a religious text? If you had you would soon notice the absurdities found within.

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
Jehovah's Witnesses believe the Bible to be true, and thus that serves as a "measuring rod", since we believe it's God's word - the final say on God's view... and they wish to follow God's view, not their own opinion... or anyone else's.
If you don't follow any other interpretations but yourself about the Christian message, why are you flocked together in a uniform way?

Truthseeker

Religion cannot unite, for the simple reason, that the source of all religion is not the true God - the God of order, and peace, but rather, the God of confusion - Satan the Devil.
Only you receive the truth? In a collective way?

Viker

Häxan
religion can have a nasty way of dealing with non believers and enemies. There's a mighty warm place for those that don't believe and for those that don't give to the cause, not a lot of love and brotherhood in that
Not all religions. Mine doesn't bother nonbelievers and there is no consequence for not believing. We're not interested in collecting money, especially from those who really don't have it to give.

Of course, we're still a "Satanic/Diabolic" religion. People would be foolish to make themselves a serious threat or actual enemy. Our lawyers are the first thing they would encounter and the nicest from our infernal arsenal. Our doomsday device is one of our deities, The Many to the One, aka Summum Vastator. :smilingimp::p

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Give one example of real and actual knowledge found within a religious text that we could not otherwise have known. Religion is the antithesis of learning and knowledge, religion is what keeps people superstitious and barbaric. Have you actually read a religious text? If you had you would soon notice the absurdities found within.
What religious texts have you read? I'm more interested in the Eastern religious or LHP religious texts you've studied.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
This is directed to the respected members of all religions. There are differences between religions but Interfaith tries to look for what we have in common. Should we allow our differences to divide us or should we put aside our differences and work for the betterment of the world?

By religion I do not mean denomination or sect. I mean a different religion or philosophy such as Buddhism, Hinduism, Islam etc.

As a member of your faith, do you accept other religions are true or only your religion?

Does your religion promote fellowship between members of other faiths or not.

Do you ever read or study other religions within your religion.

Do you think religions can unite and accept each other. For example Jews accept Christ and Christians accept Muhammad. If not why not?
My position is that all religions have some truth but the New Testament is the absolute truth which is also found in the TaNaKh.

nPeace

Veteran Member
If you don't follow any other interpretations but yourself about the Christian message, why are you flocked together in a uniform way?
Sorry. I don't understand the question. The reason for unity among Jehovah's people, is due to everyone feeding through the same channel. That does not allow for different instructions, but one teaching, regardless of where one lives, and what background or culture one belongs.
Jesus referred to that process, at Matthew 24:45

Truthseeker

Sorry. I don't understand the question. The reason for unity among Jehovah's people, is due to everyone feeding through the same channel. That does not allow for different instructions, but one teaching, regardless of where one lives, and what background or culture one belongs.
Jesus referred to that process, at Matthew 24:45
I don't understand what you just said. What are referring to when you say "same channel". The other stuff was obscure to me, too. Matthew 24:45:

Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season? Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.
Matthew, "The Gospel of Matthew, 24:45

What does this verse mean to you? How does this relate to what you just said?

Truthseeker

The Christian congregation is made up of a united family of worshipers from every corner of the earth. 1 Peter 2:17; John 13:35
It definitely isn't. That was a lot less true say in the 16th and 17th centuries also. What does this have to with what I said, also? You don't think well of other religions besides Christianity from what you said.