• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you think about all that I have posted on "RF" till now ?

What do you think about all that I have posted on "RF" till now ?

• I never found anything useful in your stuff.

• Sometimes your stuff was useful for me.

Results are only viewable after voting.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
What do you think about all that I have posted on "RF" till now ? (Including all threads and replies)

Purpose behind creating this poll is: I want to improve, depending on the result of this poll.

I don't agree with much that you have said but i will defend your right to say it.

And that means i do agree with some of what you have said.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I'll be honest - I tend to glaze over posts that don't use correct grammar and styling. I can't be bothered to try and decipher them if the writer can't be bothered to obey English writing conventions. So if I don't find anything useful, it's because poor communication style that is prone to misinterpretation and confusion on the part of the reader is something I deem unworthy of my time. Yours isn't as bad as some, but it's still an issue I run into.

I had to read an assignment a student turned in yesterday that didn't use any paragraphs. It was painful. Unlike grading assignments for my class, I don't have to read anything on RF. Well, that's not entirely true - sadly I have to read a lot of things with terrible writing conventions, but that's my fault for saying "yes" years ago to a staff position.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
There are two options when creating a poll. Votes can be anonymous or public. This one is public.

It doesn't show who voted, just the number of votes greater or equal to other options. So, if ten people voted for A and two people voted for B, no one knows who A or B is unless they comment on it in the OP. All the public knows is more people voted for one letter over another. Unless the voter doesn't want the public to see he is not part of the majority vote (maybe one person favors trump but doesn't want to vote because 100 people don't), it really doesn't matter.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Doesn’t a poll where the votes are publicly visible kind of put voters on the spot?
Only the ones who vote and dare to be vulnerable can see
The non-voters can't see the votes, hence it's partly public

If the poster decided to check the option "only visible after voting":D

Last edited:

stvdv

What do you think about all that I have posted on "RF" till now ? (Including all threads and replies)

Purpose behind creating this poll is: I want to improve, depending on the result of this poll.
You are like an inventor of Spiritual interesting brain-breakers, or heart-openers. I enjoyed your posts. Nice and concise.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't remember far back. I'll look at a couple of recent threads. I think that translation is causing problems for you.

People, or that little boy ? <---

You are seem to want to be friendly. You aren't openly hostile but look at your reply to Rival. You bring up Netflix, discount what Rival says. It appears that you don't want to be understood. Rival's conclusion is you don't want to discuss anything. I would concur. It seems that you wish to provoke conversation but to avoid being understood.

What's the purpose behind believing in something that cannot be proven true? <--- It comes across as a hostile posting style. What I see is a lot of people trying to discuss with you, but you disrespect them. Look at how you reply to IndigoChild5559 or to Willamena in this thread. They simply get turned away, and its like you do not care about their effort to participate. There are ways to disagree more politely. Did you even really think about what they wrote? It doesn't seem like it.

Now I see in that thread a couple of people are very mean to you. One tells you that you're brain has a problem (and that is not allowed, so I have just reported that). Another says something else that seems mean. So that probably annoys you.

Your English is sometimes difficult to understand, but people are unwilling to tell you. For example "Theist unable to prove his/her belief, doesn't make dishonoring an atheist by default.
But, yes an atheist asking a theist to prove his/her belief, make dishonoring a theist by default, because this further arises a question that.. What's the purpose behind believing in something that cannot be proven true?
"
is unclear. I can't understand what you mean. I cannot make sense of it. Did this come out of google translate?

stvdv

It doesn't show who voted, just the number of votes greater or equal to other options.
ONLY if you use the "default" check-boxes. But you can make names visible + hide the Poll for people who don't participate in voting

chinu

chinu
I'll be honest - I tend to glaze over posts that don't use correct grammar and styling. I can't be bothered to try and decipher them if the writer can't be bothered to obey English writing conventions. So if I don't find anything useful, it's because poor communication style that is prone to misinterpretation and confusion on the part of the reader is something I deem unworthy of my time. Yours isn't as bad as some, but it's still an issue I run into.

I had to read an assignment a student turned in yesterday that didn't use any paragraphs. It was painful. Unlike grading assignments for my class, I don't have to read anything on RF. Well, that's not entirely true - sadly I have to read a lot of things with terrible writing conventions, but that's my fault for saying "yes" years ago to a staff position.
Thank you for your reply.

Can you please give me the names of some good English writers here on "RF" ? So that I could watch their stuff, and learn.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
Where did you get that avatar? Is there any meaning behind that avatar chimu?