• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"What Do You ReallyKnow About The Bible?"

johnnys4life

Pro-life Mommy
I took this idiotic quiz. I don't trust any test given out from the "Freedom From Religion Foundation" to be accurate about the Bible.

Just look at some of these rediculous questions:

What is God's name?

Well, I have in my possesion right now, an entire book containing the names of God and their explanations in context. These people chose to focus on Jealous, when in fact there are dozens, and Jealous is taken totally out of context in the explanation section. The Lord was jealous over Israel like a LOVING husband is jealous over his wife. Try actually reading the Bible sometime for what it Actually says, instead of what your biased heart wants to believe it says.

According to biblical anatomy, where does thinking happen?

There is NO passage in the Bible that directly says anything about which organ thinking occurs in. There is no command given from God about the internal organs concerning thinking, feeling, or anything of the sort. You are inmposing ideas on the Bible, not taking them out of it.

What reason did God give for tormenting Job?
God gave several reasons for ALLOWING Job to be tormented by Satan. Mostly it was to get him off his high horse. There are several passages explaining why, you cannot just take one verse and say that is the summary of it. That's pure stupidity. BTW Job is not a Christian book. It was discovered several thousand years ago by people who were neither Jews nor Christians, and is known to be one of the oldest books in the world.

johnnys4life

Pro-life Mommy
According to the bible, what does Satan look like?
I don't know how you can even ask that and expect only one answer. The devil takes many forms throughout the Bible.

What happens if a man rapes an engaged virgin in the city, and no one hears anything?

The Bible doesn't say "RAPE" in this verse. It says if a woman lies with a man within the city and she doesn't cry for help, she is to be punished. Why? Because that's considered adultery. Once you're engaged, it's almost the same as being married at that point. If she had cried out it would've been raped, and it was very unlikely that if she had within the city, no one would've heard her. That's the only way they had back then of knowing for sure if it was rape or consentual sex. She didn't cry for help, therefore they had to assume it was consentual. It's not exactly fair but the premise behind it was a good one, that adultery warranted death, not rape .
What does the Bible say about rape? Hmmm? Do you even know? Look it up some time. It says the woman has not sinned. I bet you don't even know that verse.

According to Jesus, how should Christian disciples treat their parents?

Another verse taken totally out of context. There are numerous verses about honoring and loving and taking care of your parents. Paul even reproaches people who expect the church to take care of them when they have the means to do so. What Jesus was saying in the verse THEY site is that anyone who loves thier parents more than God is not worthy of heaven.

What did Jesus say about peace?

Jesus said many things about peace. Wow, you seem to really love taking Jesus's words totally out of context, don't you?
When he actually said, "I don't come to bring peace, but a sword", he didn't mean exactly "wars" as they interpret it. He meant a division between believers and non-believers, as we have today, and most clearly in the red state blue state divide. He goes on to say that families will be divided for and against him. That's because some people can accept the message of Christianity, and some can't, but saying he came just to bring war is very ignorant. Shows how much they REALLY know about the Bible, doesn't it.

You know what, I don't have time to sit here and correct all this nonsense. Suffice it to say, this is a really messed up quiz. These are just a few of the examples of how messed up and wrong it is.

Lycan

Preternatural

Congratulations! You scored 35 correct out of 50!

30 - 39: Congratulations! Better informed than most Americans

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
lady_lazarus said:
Well, I went to one you didn't go to, but I also went to the one you (briefly) attended. Canon Warner didn't happen to mention a box of daintily wrapped foreskins in R.E. at school, either, from memory.
Yeah, Mrs. Alexander didn't mention the foreskins either...but she was far more into the fuzzy wuzzy stuff.

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
johnnys4life said:
He meant a division between believers and non-believers, as we have today, and most clearly in the red state blue state divide.
At the risk of going off topic and getting a warning... :sarcastic

Why have you brought politics into this, J4L? I'm sure the Christians living in "blue" states would take offense at you labelling them...as I'm sure all the believers of a religion other than your own, would be. Be very careful how you word statements like that. You wouldn't want to start a "war".

johnnys4life said:
You know what, I don't have time to sit here and correct all this nonsense. Suffice it to say, this is a really messed up quiz. These are just a few of the examples of how messed up and wrong it is.
I think it was a perfect example of the fact that many things that Christians believe today (and things that have been believed over the centuries not necessarily still believed today), are all subject to how the Bible has been interpreted. You can't say for sure that your interpretation is the correct one, any more than the maker of the quiz can say that his/hers is. Well, you can say it, but there'd be a large portion of the population who wouldn't believe you...Christians of different ilk than your own included.

BTW, I do hope you realise that online quizzes are not to be taken seriously, regardless of the subject matter. :p

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
I would hope that one would be level headed enough to take a quiz like this with a grain of salt. I got 11 correct, but I don't feel like I failed the test. It was (obviously) not intended to determine how conversant anyone is with the Bible, rather it was developed to show how obscure some of the passages are. It is also meant to show that NO ONE can interpret the Bible and claim that ONLY their version is correct.

TVOR

Unedited

I got a 17, but I mainly just picked randomly. I only answered one question from any actual knowledge.

Question 34 What did Jesus say about peace?
"Don't think that I came for peace on earth. I came to start wars."

Which I got only because I a thread I read here on RF. Wow, I really do learn things here! ;) Actually I can't even believe I remembered that discussion, I'm usually so forgetful.

Quoth The Raven

Half Arsed Muse
Bastet said:
Yeah, Mrs. Alexander didn't mention the foreskins either...but she was far more into the fuzzy wuzzy stuff.
The one at Gorae West Primary? Fuzzy wuzzy...she sacrificed a plastic cow on an alter, for Gods sake. That ain't so fuzzy wuzzy for the cow.

Quoth The Raven

Half Arsed Muse
johnnys4life said:
Try actually reading the Bible sometime for what it Actually says, instead of what your biased heart wants to believe it says.
Bias is at the root of every biblical interpretation in the history of the world. In fact, unless it has come directly from the author themselves, every interpretation of every piece of writing in the world is subject to what the person reading it wants it to say, and that's probably a crock of **** that has nothing to do with the authors intention.

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
lady_lazarus said:
The one at Gorae West Primary? Fuzzy wuzzy...she sacrificed a plastic cow on an alter, for Gods sake. That ain't so fuzzy wuzzy for the cow.
Well...that just goes to show how much I actually took in of what she said. :biglaugh: I just liked the cool bookmarks she gave us. :p