• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you miss?

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Lookingformeaning said:
I miss the past most of all...the way things use to be. :( I miss the people of the past, that may sound weird, but a lot have come and gone and I miss them all, terribly! I am also wanting my future to start, I want to graduate and really begin my life, WHAT DO YOU MISS?
Fortunately, I have managed to talk myself out of missing the past - the way things were like when I was young. The past happened for experience and learning; the present is now, and I must use it to the best of my ability to make life pleasant for my loved ones.
The future is an unknown quantity; I cannot forecast it, so I will not live in fear of the 'What if's' - make sensible provisions for the future, sure.
The only 'things' I miss from the past are the ones I have loved, and who have died.:(

Melody

I miss....

....the old days when it was safe to let your children play at the neighborhood park until dusk without worrying that someone would make off with them.

....sitting on the porch on a warm summer evening and visiting with the neighbors who were out for an evening stroll.

....the innocence of my youth where the worst thing in my world was falling off my bike.

....a world where tv shows reflected the positive of human nature (i.e. Make room for daddy and Leave it to beaver).

....the time when being a "Christian" was not a derogatory term.

groovydancer88

I miss my life when I had no responsiblities. Not that I'm a slacker by any means... I just have a lot of things that I NEED to do, that I am pressured to do, that is assumed that I'll do well, that is NECESSARY that I'll do well.. and it's a lot for me right now. *buries face in hands* And it's not going to get any easier from here. Oy vey. I'm sleepy.

Yerda

Veteran Member
I really miss the flat I used to share with my ex. I don't miss her, but I miss the flat. It was so neat with the little veranda. Perfect for sitting on warm summer days with a beer and a book or a friend. It was the top floor and on a hill. The view was extraordinary. On celebrations when people would light fireworks you could see the sky exploding with color for miles and miles around. Beautiful.

There were two Italian resturaunts less than two minutes walk and an Indian a stones throw away, several take-aways seconds round the corner, plenty little grocers, a barber, a park, my part-time job, my college, and the town centre only ten minutes away. Or about three by taxi. Several of my friends live in the surrounding area as well. Damn I really miss that flat.

I aslo miss her little white cat. It was nuts. Playful little mite. Used to chase the mouse pointer around the moniter, funniest thing I ever saw.