• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you make of the verses quoted about Judas in Psalm 41 also being used in Romans

leov

"The elect obtained it, but the rest were hardened,"
Who is elect? “I have kept for myself seven thousand men .."
Elect is Israel, not Judah, Israel = men who see God (like Abraham). No gentiles can join Israel through solvation when soul nature becomes spirit nature, by pattern of Judah becoming Israel.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
A question is indirectly raised in Romans about whether Israel is like Judas in Romans 11
but there is a forward looking hopeful tone. What do you make of it

I don't know if this answers your question but perhaps the succeeding verse will explain.....

Romans 11:13-16....
"Now I speak to you who are people of the nations. Seeing that I am an apostle to the nations, I glorify my ministry 14 to see if I may in some way incite my own people to jealousy and save some from among them. 15 For if their being cast away means reconciliation for the world, what will the acceptance of them mean but life from the dead? 16 Further, if the part of the dough taken as firstfruits is holy, the entire batch is also holy; and if the root is holy, the branches are also.
However, if some of the branches were broken off and you, although being a wild olive, were grafted in among them and became a sharer of the richness of the olive’s root, 18 do not be arrogant toward the branches. If, though, you are arrogant toward them, remember that you do not bear the root, but the root bears you. 19 You will say, then: “Branches were broken off so that I might be grafted in.” 20 That is true! For their lack of faith, they were broken off, but you are standing by faith. Do not be haughty, but be in fear. 21 For if God did not spare the natural branches, neither will he spare you".

When God made his covenant with Abraham he said....
Genesis 22:17-18...
"I will surely bless you and I will surely multiply your offspring like the stars of the heavens and like the grains of sand on the seashore, and your offspring will take possession of the gate of his enemies. 18 And by means of your offspring all nations of the earth will obtain a blessing for themselves because you have listened to my voice.’”

You can see that it was always God's intention that ALL nations would benefit from the coming of the Messiah. But the offspring who would produce the Messiah were Abraham's children. These were a stiff-necked people prone to disobeying their God. With their numbers being broken off and Gentiles being grafted in, Israel became incensed at the notion that sons of Abraham were not all in line for the blessing. Yet what did John the Baptist say to those ones?
Matthew 3:7-10...
"When he caught sight of many of the Pharisee and Sadducees coming to the baptism, he said to them: “You offspring of vipers, who has warned you to flee from the coming wrath? 8 Therefore, produce fruit that befits repentance. 9 Do not presume to say to yourselves, ‘We have Abraham as our father.’ For I say to you that God is able to raise up children for Abraham from these stones. 10 The ax is already lying at the root of the trees...."

The Gentile Christians were not to put on an arrogant appearance however because they could just as easily lose their place if pride got the better of them. We know that greed got the better of Judas and he turned his back on his Master even after being given the power of holy spirit by the use of Jesus' name. Playing false to the holy spirit is the unforgivable sin. He knew that what he did was unforgivable, so he killed himself.

Good-Ole-Rebel

What do I make of it?

The Old Testament is full of prophecy. Not only in prophetic statements, but through the lives of individuals and the nation Israel. God Who controls the prophets pen also controls the history of man so that it too can be prophetic.

For example, Israel can be seen as a type of the believer. At Passover the blood is shed, and salvation obtained. Christ is our Passover. Next, Israel's crossing of the Red Sea is her baptism. Speaks to believers baptism. Then the death of the old generation, whose faith was weak, occurs in the wilderness wanderings. Speaks to the death of the old man for the believer. Next is the crossing of Jordon for Israel which is her walking in the Spirit of God, in the land. Speaks to the believer walking in the power of the Holy Spirit also. The promised land represents walking in victory here. The promised land is not speaking of Heaven.

Another example is of an individual. Joseph's life is very prophetic of Jesus Christ. Favorite of the father. Rejected by his brethren. Sold by his brethren. Later will ascend to the very throne and rule. Given a Gentile wife. Later his brethren recognize him.

Good-Ole-Rebel