• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you like to be called?

What do you want others to call you?

• Other (please specify), preferred option

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please specify), not preferred, but fully acceptable

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Worshipper

When people who aren't of our faith call you by a religious label (the same way you might call someone a Catholic or a Lutheran or a Baptist or a Muslim or so forth), what do prefer that they call you?

In other words, how would you like people to fill in the following blank: "You're a(n) ________, aren't you? I like _________(e)s!"

Also, keep in mind that this is just when people are pinpointing our particular denomination. So unless you feel that 'Christian' can only rightfully apply to members of the Church, don't click other and say 'Christian'.

Last edited:

zomg

I aim to misbehave!
Most people know us as Mormons. I don't mind being called that. I would prefer to be called a Latter Day Saint.

Dream Angel

LDS, Mormon, Latter-day Saint, I really dont mind. All are accurate really. I know of people in my ward who do not like to be called Mormon but as I have said elsewhere I think that that is because its the term EVERYONE knows and is used under derogatory terms. I personally say LDS and if someone which they usually do say "whats that?" I say Mormon. I dont know why but I find the term Latter-day Saint in the context of someone calling themselves that a little pompous. I dont know why though!

madhatter85

Transhumanist
I use the term LDS when i tell people who I am.

Latter-day Saint seems like too lengthy to put into every day terms.

When people don't know what LDS is, i use Mormon and they usualy know that one. then they ask "What is LDS" then i let them know that Mormon is a nickname and does not properly represent the church or it's beliefs. we do not worship Mormon as the name has implications of that.

That usually sparks interest in conversation about the church. great missinary tool i think

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Latter-day Saint, LDS, Mormon -- they're all better than a lot of the things I'm called.

misanthropic_clown

I really don't mind. When introducing my religion, I will call myself Mormon because that is the most universally recognised, even though it can have something of a tainted perception. If someone isn't familiar with Mormon, I usually just say we are a type of Christian. Mainly because explaining in detail would take a while, and the person was probably just trying to make polite conversation!

I notice on Facebook, a lot of people elect to put 'LDS - Christian', or some other variant that helps emphasise that we consider ourselves Christian. I decided to adopt that practise, because I guess in some small way it might help someone understand that point.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
When it comes to faith, I like to be called "Oh God! Oh God!", but it hasn't happened since I became celibate.