• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you like the most about any RF member?

Tigress

Working-Class W*nch.
Buttercup said:
Tigress: You are a fun presence to have on RF along with level headed and logical. I really enjoy people who have the twin attributes of intelligence and fun. It's highly attractive.

Thank you very much.

I know that I'm a bit late on, but I just want to say that I don't think there's one person here who hasn't helped me to grow in some way, shape, or form. I appreciate each and every one of you.

eudaimonia

Fellowship of Reason
It looks like no one mentioned me at all. I will attribute this to my difficult-to-remember screenname, whether that is the cause or not.

I won't offer any names myself on principle. I never participate in anything like looks like a popularity contest, because many people inevitably get their feelings hurt when their names aren't mentioned.

eudaimonia,

Mark

ayani

Eudaimona : i was just thinking of you. i really like your religion- it's interesting as heck, and you follow and represent it faithfully and admirably. it reminds me alot of humanism, which i dig, and you reflect those values well.

SunMessenger: i love your prayers. you brings such kindness and warmth and humble sincerity to the forums with them. often you're off in your little space praying beautifully for all of us and go un-noticed.

BurchFam : your faith is interesting as heck, too, and you are good about sticking to your religious guns and getting folks to think.

ayani

‡Ød¥‡ said:
Zomg.jpg

this is the best picture ever.

lizskid

BANNED
You know, I understand the idea that people feel that this seems a little like a popularity contest, but it is also a way to celebrate all that we bring to RF. However, being human, we screw up and forget or leave people out that we might not wish to. I sure did that, and have seen others adjust their lists....that's the real danger in these things. Also, not being here as long, I haven't gotten to know some of the other members not on my list as well, and I hope to.

Some of my major misses, now that I have had a night to think about it, are: tcmel (on my list but somehow I didn't get mel typed in!), MoonWoman, Ody, PhilOsophy, Nordic, Revasser, and a host of others that have helped me in my journey. You know, I like these threads, and while one wants to see her/his name mentioned, sometimes it's just human error, and not intended to hurt anyone, including the person who was upset earlier in the thread. I guess there ARE two sides to every coin.

Djamila

Bosnjakinja
eudaimonia said:
It looks like no one mentioned me at all. I will attribute this to my difficult-to-remember screenname, whether that is the cause or not.

I won't offer any names myself on principle. I never participate in anything like looks like a popularity contest, because many people inevitably get their feelings hurt when their names aren't mentioned.

eudaimonia,
Mark

I think you're a nice man. I'm sure you don't feel I'm very nice, I did snap at you once - your response struck me as sensitive, and also nice. I'm just used to such a response...

But you seem a nice man. :)

The things I most like about Becksoup61 and Djamila is that they produce lots of new threads and keep these boards alive. I also like the way they tolerate the complete idiots that post on these boards - like me for example.

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
Phil Osophy said:
The things I most like about Becksoup61 and Djamila is that they produce lots of new threads and keep these boards alive. I also like the way they tolerate the complete idiots that post on these boards - like me for example.
You aren't a complete idiot :) I like what you post (from the few things i've read)

kiwimac

Brother Napalm of God's Love
It is interesting to note both how long I have been a member and how little mention is made of me.

While I think that threads like this do have a place in online communities such as RF there is a chance of quite unintentionally hurting someone's feelings.

Sometimes those feelings spring out of other life experiences, sometimes its just the place we are in at the moment we see the post. But nonetheless those feelings need to be acknowledged.

In grace

Kiwimac

ayani

Popeyesays : i wish i knew his real name. i highly admire his replies to simple and puzzlingly complicated questions about the Baha'i Faith. he comes across as greatly intelligent and strong in his faith- a man solid in the Spirit. and that's cool.

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
Many of those mentioned have thousands of posts. Some are just more memorable than others, both in their posting style and positions they take.

While RF is not a popularity contest, there are MANY people we can emulate and these types of threads give us all an idea who to emulate.

A

angellous_evangellous

standing_alone said:
Can I have this thread closed, please? There's no point for it to remain after all the hurt it caused.

It would be better if we could have the fortuity to read this thread for its good intentions and use it to compliment and edify others rather than scan it for the mentioning of our own names.

With great respect to those who have expressed that they have had their feelings hurt, I do not see that any of them complimented anyone else. It seems that they missed the point of this thread entirely.

standing_alone

angellous_evangellous said:
It would be better if we could have the fortuity to read this thread for its good intentions and use it to compliment and edify others rather than scan it for the mentioning of our own names.

I agree, but unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be what's happening.

A

angellous_evangellous

standing_alone said:
I agree, but unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be what's happening.

Yes, it is unfortunate.

While I have not posted compliments yet, I have greatly enjoyed the compliments (etc) and love that people have shown eachother. It's been better for me to read the compliments that other people receive than ones that I've received myself.