• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

what do you know about Islam?

osha

Hello everybody,,,

I've just registered to this forum,,, and am curious to know
what do people know about Islam,, what did they hear about it.

I'll be gratefull if you say:

whether you've heard about Islam or Not;
ur opinion about Islam;
what do you think about Muslims;
what is the thing that you don't like about Islam;
what do you feel if an Islamic person wants to be ur friend!!

many thanks;

Osha

Alaric

To answer your five questions:
I know the basics;
Islam seems to put a lot of emphasis on obedience and submission, which I don't like much, but the general message of Islam is pretty politically correct;
I don't generalise like that;
Islam = submission to the will of Allah;
Um, great! ;)

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
whether you've heard about Islam or Not; ... yup
ur opinion about Islam; "Trouble no one about thier religion; respect others in thier view and demand that they respect yours." -Tecumseh
what do you think about Muslims; ..like any other person it depends on how they think of me...
what is the thing that you don't like about Islam; having nut cases use it for political gain, but thats my issue with any religion.
what do you feel if an Islamic person wants to be ur friend!! ...I like friends...

wa:-do

I have heard about Islam.

My opinion on Islam is the opinion I have of all religions. There is good, and there is bad. At its worst it is violent, intolerant, and hateful. At its best Islam is peaceful, tolerant, progressive, and just.

What do I think of Muslims? I think it depends on the individual--some are nice, some are not so nice. Not all Muslims are the same.

I like Islam, I just don't share Islamic beliefs.

Anyone who wants to can be my friend :)

(Q)

Muslims get very upset if you question Islam because by doing so one is bound to go to hell, therefore Muslims never question their religion.

Islam teaches to not turn the other cheek but instead to defend by attacking and slaying ones enemies.

Islam is oppression, especially to women who are thought of merely as household items. Islam demands women cover themselves and are harshly punished for disobeying their spouses. Men are allowed to have multiple wives. Women spend most of their time competing against each other for their husband.

Muslims hate Christians.

hadeka

Islam is a religion of love, of faith.
Islam is against any kind of terrorism.
I consider Islam as a science , full science.

Why?!

Because it contains secret of many sciences

many many about space, biology, anthropology, archeology, history and many many ...........etc .......
Islam is a religion that you must believe that GOD is one ,,,only one GOD and to believe that Mohamed is a prophet of GOD.
Islamic main books are the "Quraan" which is the GOD's words and the "Hadith" which is Mohamed's words
Islam said that man=woman ,,,in everything ,,

Islam said that we must believe in all the old real books such as (bible,torah,..)
but Islam said that people changed many things in the old books (bible and torah) and there is many proofs
but GOD said in the Quraan that he will always protect that books (Quraan) from changing because it is the last book came from GOD.
Islam permitted for man to have many wives (not more than four) ONLY FOR SPECIFIC CASES ,,,for example: if im married a woman and she has a deisease,,i can marry another one with the agreement of my wife and i must make FAIR relation between them .
anyway, if you want to know more about Islam, you can contact me on my mail ,,,,my mail is in my profiles .
thank you
Hadeka.

(Q)

I consider Islam as a science , full science.

Why?!

Because it contains secret of many sciences

many many about space, biology, anthropology, archeology, history and many many ...........etc .....

Sorry, but that’s pure nonsense. Like the bible, or any other scripture, Islam (Qur’an) can be “spun” to agree with almost anything, however there is no evidence whatsoever that Islam has anything to do with science. Islam is based on faith like any other religion, and this misplaced faith does not appear in science.

Islam permitted for man to have many wives (not more than four) ONLY FOR SPECIFIC CASES ,,,for example: if im married a woman and she has a deisease,,i can marry another one with the agreement of my wife and i must make FAIR relation between them .

Of course, that would depend on whether or not the wife had any say in the matter – Muslim women notoriously agree with everything their spouses say. If they don’t they get beaten. And since Islam allows women to be discarded like everyday garbage, most Muslim women would never disagree else they find themselves begging in the streets.

hadeka

yes,, Islam is a religion that order to faith as any other religion

but it contains a scientific things with all kinds of sciences more than any religion ,,,,i read many religions and i read about Islam too,,,,,
as i said Islam is talking on everything which religious and scientific

SAILORMAN

Abraham and Moses are supposedly the original prophets of BOTH the Jewish God Jehovah and the Muslim God Allah. Are the two Gods the same entity. If so, why would Jehovah take 1500 years, all the time letting his prophets, such as Isaiah and Jeremiah, know about the coming Messiah or Christ, and state categorically in the Bible that Jesus was and is the "Son of God" sent to teach us how to live and to preach about ;The Kingdom of God". Then all of a sudden, 700 years after Jesus has paid the ultimate sacrifice, dying for our sins, along comes a man who cannot read or write, and is given the title of prophet, who then proceeds to make a very long list of religious requirements, including allowance for killing. His god he calls Allah, I ask, what sort of, and how powerful is a god that needs his followers to fight for him? And what does he promise for faithfulness. To finish up in Paradise [ heaven?] with a number of virgins? What about Muslim women? What is their reward? Any prophet after Jesus would make Jesus` sacrifice worthless. It would be like God saying, " I`m, sorry, made a mistake there, I`ll give it another go". At least Jehovah, God of the Jews, and through Jesus, of all races, preaches love, and to turn the other cheek. The simple continuity of the whole Jewish/Christian history points us toward the God who does not make mistakes, loves us, hates killing and is continuing to plan for his new system, his Kingdom. The one we all pray for at Matthew 6;9,10.

(Q)

but it contains a scientific things with all kinds of sciences more than any religion

The amount of science in any faith based deity professed religion is ziltch... nada.

Of course, you can present any examples and why you think they're scientific. I'll be happy to knock them down for you.

(Q) said:
Muslims get very upset if you question Islam because by doing so one is bound to go to hell, therefore Muslims never question their religion.

Islam teaches to not turn the other cheek but instead to defend by attacking and slaying ones enemies.

Islam is oppression, especially to women who are thought of merely as household items. Islam demands women cover themselves and are harshly punished for disobeying their spouses. Men are allowed to have multiple wives. Women spend most of their time competing against each other for their husband.

Muslims hate Christians.

Q you're describing the views of some fundamentalist Muslims, but not all. You shouldn't stereotype all Muslims like that, they aren't all the same.

hadeka

First of all
You was talking about Mohamed, that he cant read and write...that's right,,,but i want to tell you, that this a very important thing for his prophecy (for his message) .....of course you will ask ,,,how come ?!!!!

let me tell you ,,,,now, Mohamed got a great message that he must say for all the humanity, this is not an easy thing
so for example if you got three white papers ..
the first one is completely empty
the second one is written by a "pencil" on it
and the third one is written by a "pen" on it

the easiest paper that you can write on ,,is the first paper which is completely empty ......
what that means ???
I consider these papers as the brain of Mohamed
so the information which is coming from GOD will be written very easy on his empty brain because he cant read,,,he cant write...

another thing that you said about the allowence of killing ,,,,,that's not right ..... GOD said in the Quraan ,,if someone killed a person,,,it's exactly like someone kill all people ....
GOD only allowed killing when people attach us (for defense only)...

and about the scientific things that i said......i'll give you some examples......

1. Quraan talked about the Big bang theory
2. Quraan talked about the black holes
3. Quraan talked about composition of mountains
4. Quraan talked about composition of babies
5. Quraan and Sunnah talked about the genetic codes and its secrets

many many things ,,, and talked about medical instrument that many people are using it in many many countries

why im telling all this ??,,because it's impossible for someone who cant read and write and from more than 1400 years ago to know all this information and more than this ......

anyway that's not the problem

i want to say something which is very important :

We are not fighting here,, we are just sharing opinions without fighting

(Q)

and about the scientific things that i said......i'll give you some examples......

1. Quraan talked about the Big bang theory
2. Quraan talked about the black holes

Sorry, but that is complete nonsense - Islam does not talk about these phenomena at all. Please show me where in the Qur'an these are mentioned.

Quraan talked about composition of mountains

I won't deny that the Qur'an could have talked about rocks and dirt - those were ever abundant.

Quraan talked about composition of babies

So, is there a difference between the composition of babies and the composition of all humans according to the Qur'an?

Quraan and Sunnah talked about the genetic codes and its secrets

Pure crap - once again you'll have to show where the Qur'an talks about genetic codes and its alleged secrets.

and talked about medical instrument that many people are using it in many many countries

What, a tongue depressor?

because it's impossible for someone who cant read and write and from more than 1400 years ago to know all this information and more than this ......

Hence, making the entire story and Islam a far-fetched fairy tale.

(Q)

Mr Spinkles - no, this is everyday life for Muslims in places like Afghanastan, Iran, Egypt, etc...

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
yes, Q but they also live in the United States, Europe Canada etc....

your sample is limited...

The nations you named also have cultural issues that cloud the Islamic teachings... such as attitudes tword women.

one could extend your argument to include the christians that live their... and say that all Christians are bigoted, mysoginistic, genosidal maniacs... just because they had been and continue to be so in places like Nigeria...

wa:-do

hadeka

hi
you asked me to give you an example for what i said about Big Bang theory and all about what i said
ok ,,,but before i give you this ,,,i want to ask you something,,

What do you think about a man that could not read or write but he had learn from the creator of everything "ALLAH" (GOD) ??

i will prove this right now when you open these links: (i want you to read it well with your conscience and think about every word you are reading)..and i want to tell you that what you will find in these sites is less than 0.000001% of the miracles that's in the Quraan.

Here is this sites:
http://www.bensys.mcmail.com/Islam.htm
http://irfi.org/Islamic Articles Folder/science_and_sunnah.htm
http://www.answering-christianity.com/sex_determination.htm
http://www.answering-christianity.com/sci_quran.htm
http://www.submission.org/math-ap1.html

you can search a lot with yourself about this topics

you will find many many many (may be all) the scientific discoveries in the Quraan.

please read it well

Thank you ,,,

Hadeka.

(Q)

What do you think about a man that could not read or write but he had learn from the creator of everything "ALLAH" (GOD) ??

If you are talking about Mohammed, I think he lied and made the whole thing up himself. He fits the description of a typical megalomaniac.

i will prove this right now when you open these links

*sigh*

Actually, YOU did not prove a thing. All YOU did was copy and paste a few links. In other words, YOU are unable to show that which you profess.

what you will find in these sites is less than 0.000001% of the miracles that's in the Quraan.

Which gives the Qur’an less than 0.000001% credibility.

From the first link:
The Big Bang theory referencesof how the Heavens and Earth were created.
Have not those who disbelieve known that the heavens and the earth were of one piece, then we parted them, and we made every living thing of water.
So, this explains the Big Bang? Pure nonsense.

The Earth had not formed for billions of years after the Big Bang and was never “parted” from the rest of the universe. Science does not acknowledge that a “We” created anything.

The next site states that the author attempts to interpret the Qur’an to modern knowledge. Christianity amongst other religions are trying to do the same thing.

The next site sez:

Now let man but think From what he is created! He is created from A drop emitted -- Proceedings from between the backbone and the ribs:
How could Muhammad peace be upon him have guessed 1400 years ago that the backbone or the "spine" as we call it today play a very essential role in the creation of humans? Also, how could he have guessed that the male is the one that determines the fetus sex since we are created from "drop emitted -- Proceedings from between the backbone and the ribs"? Only the male's semen is visibly "drop emitted" during ejaculation.

How dumb can these guys be? Semen does not come from an area between the backbone and ribs; that is where the heart and lungs reside.

Next site:

Allah Almighty said: "Then He turned to the heaven when it was smoke...
Only Islam claims that the universe was originated from Dust and Hot Gas, or Smoke.

Such crap - the universe did not originate from Dust and Hot Gas or Smoke. These guys have no idea what they’re talking about.

The last site is far too funny to comment. Simply because someone put the Qur’an to numbers doesn’t confirm the existence of Allah and the credibility of the Qur’an.

Well, that about wraps it up for your claims. I see no connection between the verses in the Qur’an and science, none whatsoever. The authors of those sites rely heavily on one being ignorant to scientific theories. Anyone who knows the basics could see right through the nonsense these guys are spouting.

hadeka

Well,,i see that im a winner :D ;) !!!

why ?!!

because you are against science therories and discoveries,,not Against my religion.

so you must read many fields of science very well and learn it.

and i want to tell you,, that Quraan cant talk about all these things with a direct way ,,,,,why ?!!

because from more than 1400 years ago,,,people cant believe all this ,,,,,,so it must with an indirect way (as you see now) to be revealed at the suitable time ,,,as now ,,,,when they discovered that the univers has formed from the big bang and it's written in the Quraan.

learn the science well .....thank you

Hadeka.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
hadeka said:
... you are against science therories and discoveries,,not Against my religion.

Good morning, hadeka.

You paint with a wide brush. I, for example, am "Against" neither, and I suspect that I'm not alone.

You also declare victory rather quickly which is, of course, your right. It is not, however, particularly effective. In fact, the approach does little but make the person look rather silly, which I'm sure was not your intent.

May I ask your views on Samira Bellil?

(Q)

Well,,i see that im a winner :D ;) !!!

why ?!!

because you are against science therories and discoveries,,not Against my religion.

So, the fact that I spent years studying science shows that I am against science? And that fact that I just refuted your argument somehow makes you the winner? And technically, you had no argument to begin with, you just copied and pasted some links.

Oh yeah, you’re a real winner!

so you must read many fields of science very well and learn it.

And you should surgically detach the Qur’an from the front of your face and read another book for a change.

If you want to discuss science, I’d be happy to teach you some of the elementary basics as its obvious you’re seriously lacking an education.

and i want to tell you,, that Quraan cant talk about all these things with a direct way ,,,,,why ?!!

because from more than 1400 years ago,,,people cant believe all this ,,,,,,so it must with an indirect way (as you see now) to be revealed at the suitable time ,,,as now ,,,,when they discovered that the univers has formed from the big bang and it's written in the Quraan.

Sorry, this makes no sense at all. Perhaps English is not your first language.

And again, there is nothing in the Qur’an that has anything to do with the Big Bang. I seriously doubt you know anything about science so it stands to reason you have nothing to compare. Try the link below – it should get you started.

http://www.2think.org/basics.shtml

learn the science well .....thank you

… said the kettle to the pot.