• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you know about Brazil?

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I am a brazilian and this is just a curiosity of mine.

Have you ever heard about it? Would you know where it is in the world map? Do you know any of its cities by name? Have you ever traveled here? Do you know what language we speak? Do you know anything about the demographics?

Let's see...
Yes, certainly heard about it.
Can identify it on a world map without any difficulty.
Braslia is hard to forget in terms of the capital, and I'd know Rio and Sao Paulo, but that's about it without a Google cheat!
Never been to South America.
I know you guys are the Portugese speaking folk amongst your Spanish speaking neighbours.

Not too much beyond that. I've heard you have some crime issues, and I really have no clue in terms of age or ethnic mix.
I'd hazard a guess that the country is overwhelmingly Catholic, which is kinda my default guess for South America...

How'd I do?

Riders

Have you ever heard about it? Would you know where it is in the world map? Do you know any of its cities by name? Have you ever traveled here? Do you know what language we speak? Do you know anything about the demographics?

You're a part of America South? You are mostly Catholic, right? Yall have a lot of helicopters because of traffic right?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member

Yes. You have a Grand Prix, and were home to one of the greatest Formula 1 drivers of all time. :)

The only cities I can name are Brasilia and Rio de Janeiro. I've heard of others over the years, especially from a video on what happened to World Cup venues after they hosted the World Cup; I remember that Brazil's venues were all spread out over the country in different cities, but I can't remember the city names now.

My impression is that a lot of the interior of the country isn't accessible by road.

Riders

Yes. You have a Grand Prix, and were home to one of the greatest Formula 1 drivers of all time. :)

The only cities I can name are Brasilia and Rio de Janeiro. I've heard of others over the years, especially from a video on what happened to World Cup venues after they hosted the World Cup; I remember that Brazil's venues were all spread out over the country in different cities, but I can't remember the city names now.

My impression is that a lot of the interior of the country isn't accessible by road.

They have lots of helicopters that are like taxis.I saw it on tv.

JIMMY12345

Thanks to Mr Michael Palin. Numerous TV repeats.Fair to say Brazil is famous worldwide.
ps very good film also starring Mr Palin called Brazil