• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you have to tell me.

Shadow11

There is a simple one but extremely difficult to follow and that is treat others as you wish to be treated.

Clara Tea

1) About the Lord Jesus Christ (1 Timothy 2:1-8).
2) The above.
3) If you are comfortable in exerting yourself to serve others and works of mercy then increase them until you are uncomfortable again and persist in that, and then increase when you become comfortable again, repeat throughout your life. "Your Commandment is exceedingly broad," is said of God, and one can always become more perfect in this. Moreover, never delay repentance or mind your own failings more than God does.
4) Yes. Listening is essential, and is a skill which can be trained.

All my own opinions in the answers of course.

Lain asks: "What do you want to tell me." (Good listener).

When Jesus comes to earth again, he will come lashing out at us for not following directives from Him or God (according to the trinity belief, they are the same). Jesus will come with a tongue like a sword (criticizing us).

The first step to getting better is listen to others. This doesn't mean that others are right. One can't rate themselves to be intelligent or kind. That rating must come from without (other people, or God). This is because humans have blind spots--they can't see themselves as others see them.

The Catholic church prevent priests marrying, and this might be causing them to rape little boys (God said, go forth and multiply). The church did this to keep their money in the church (worship of mammon over God).

CATHOLICS HAVE FAILED IN SERVING OTHERS:

1. Huge number of homeless people (should have been housed, fed, cured).

2. Catholic church has ornate trinkets. Jesus ranted against churches that had those while not tending to the poor.

3. Catholic church declaring bankruptcy so little boys who were raped by Catholic priests would not be justly compensated. Worship mammon over God.

4. Vast numbers of priests raped little boys.

5. The church hid the vast numbers of priests that raped little boys, so law enforcement wouldn't catch them. This resulted in priests going to other parishes and raping still more little boys.

6. Either the Catholics trust God or they do not. I am glad that the church chose not to trust God but restricted travel to the Vatican during the COVID pandemic.

7. It isn't enough to listen, and know what God wants, one has to obey God. Example: God said "thou shalt not kill," yet many religions and sects chose to preach that we could win this war if we pray more (Jesus could help us kill).

Stances of Faiths on LGBTQ Issues: Roman Catholic Church

8. Don't cherry-pick the bible. Officially, Catholics accept celibate Gays. Website (above) says "“intrinsically immoral and contrary to the natural law,” and names “homosexual tendencies” as “objectively disordered.” While the Catholic Church does not consider “homosexual orientation” sinful." The bible is a big book, and God has told us to do a lot of things. Some religions single out Gays, and that causes some followers to attack Gays. Too hard on some sins, too soft on others.

9. Catholics have spread the word, in the past, that Jews murdered Jesus. Though, recently two popes stated that Jews had nothing to do with it....Pontius Pilate asked a crowd (not a crowd of Jews) if Jesus should be put to death. Many parts of the bible have that wrong. This shed the blame of Romans (who are the modern Italians).

CATHOLICS SUCCEEDED IN SOME WAYS:

1. The pope objected to President W. Bush's Iraq attack. He went as far as writing a See to the US, sharply condemning the action. Clearly Revelation was a prediction about the Babylon, Iraq attack, and clearly was a commandment of God not to attack it. Revelation 15, for example, is one of God's punishments for attacking Iraq (seven plagues, and I presume that COVID is one of them). Please do the right thing and don't let others change the meaning of Revelation (Revelation 22:19: "if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book)." So don't let people say that it was a different Babylon. No, Babylon, the ancient city written about in Revelation, is still there, and it is the one and only Babylon). (Revelation 22:18: "any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book)." God gave people one last warning to repent and not attack Iraq by sending prophecies to psychics. The people utterly ignored them, because they feared further attacks from the al Qaeda, and they don't believe in ESP or miracles from God. People are jaded from years of science, so they no longer have faith.

2. Many Catholics feed the homeless (though don't allow them to sleep in their churches for fear of bugs and disease), and they visit the sick in hospitals. They donate to charities. Perhaps there are too many homeless people for just the Catholics to handle?

3. Catholics spread the kind words of God.

4. Two recent popes admitted that DNA evidence is real and evolution is right. But, they reserve the idea that God guides it. When the truth is presented, one has the choice of lying for Jesus or admitting the truth. One cannot expect an ancient religion to understand modern science.

Lain

Lain asks: "What do you want to tell me." (Good listener).

When Jesus comes to earth again, he will come lashing out at us for not following directives from Him or God (according to the trinity belief, they are the same). Jesus will come with a tongue like a sword (criticizing us).

The first step to getting better is listen to others. This doesn't mean that others are right. One can't rate themselves to be intelligent or kind. That rating must come from without (other people, or God). This is because humans have blind spots--they can't see themselves as others see them.

The Catholic church prevent priests marrying, and this might be causing them to rape little boys (God said, go forth and multiply). The church did this to keep their money in the church (worship of mammon over God).

CATHOLICS HAVE FAILED IN SERVING OTHERS:

1. Huge number of homeless people (should have been housed, fed, cured).

2. Catholic church has ornate trinkets. Jesus ranted against churches that had those while not tending to the poor.

3. Catholic church declaring bankruptcy so little boys who were raped by Catholic priests would not be justly compensated. Worship mammon over God.

4. Vast numbers of priests raped little boys.

5. The church hid the vast numbers of priests that raped little boys, so law enforcement wouldn't catch them. This resulted in priests going to other parishes and raping still more little boys.

6. Either the Catholics trust God or they do not. I am glad that the church chose not to trust God but restricted travel to the Vatican during the COVID pandemic.

7. It isn't enough to listen, and know what God wants, one has to obey God. Example: God said "thou shalt not kill," yet many religions and sects chose to preach that we could win this war if we pray more (Jesus could help us kill).

Stances of Faiths on LGBTQ Issues: Roman Catholic Church

8. Don't cherry-pick the bible. Officially, Catholics accept celibate Gays. Website (above) says "“intrinsically immoral and contrary to the natural law,” and names “homosexual tendencies” as “objectively disordered.” While the Catholic Church does not consider “homosexual orientation” sinful." The bible is a big book, and God has told us to do a lot of things. Some religions single out Gays, and that causes some followers to attack Gays. Too hard on some sins, too soft on others.

9. Catholics have spread the word, in the past, that Jews murdered Jesus. Though, recently two popes stated that Jews had nothing to do with it....Pontius Pilate asked a crowd (not a crowd of Jews) if Jesus should be put to death. Many parts of the bible have that wrong. This shed the blame of Romans (who are the modern Italians).

CATHOLICS SUCCEEDED IN SOME WAYS:

1. The pope objected to President W. Bush's Iraq attack. He went as far as writing a See to the US, sharply condemning the action. Clearly Revelation was a prediction about the Babylon, Iraq attack, and clearly was a commandment of God not to attack it. Revelation 15, for example, is one of God's punishments for attacking Iraq (seven plagues, and I presume that COVID is one of them). Please do the right thing and don't let others change the meaning of Revelation (Revelation 22:19: "if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book)." So don't let people say that it was a different Babylon. No, Babylon, the ancient city written about in Revelation, is still there, and it is the one and only Babylon). (Revelation 22:18: "any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book)." God gave people one last warning to repent and not attack Iraq by sending prophecies to psychics. The people utterly ignored them, because they feared further attacks from the al Qaeda, and they don't believe in ESP or miracles from God. People are jaded from years of science, so they no longer have faith.

2. Many Catholics feed the homeless (though don't allow them to sleep in their churches for fear of bugs and disease), and they visit the sick in hospitals. They donate to charities. Perhaps there are too many homeless people for just the Catholics to handle?

3. Catholics spread the kind words of God.

4. Two recent popes admitted that DNA evidence is real and evolution is right. But, they reserve the idea that God guides it. When the truth is presented, one has the choice of lying for Jesus or admitting the truth. One cannot expect an ancient religion to understand modern science.

There are manifold errors and plain ignorance present here. God bless you though, and remember the words of the Preacher from Ecclesiastes:

"Hear the end of the matter, the sum: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole man. For God will bring every work into judgment, with everything that has been overlooked, whether it be good, or whether it be evil."

Baruch HaShem.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
What do you wish me to know?
What message would you like to convey to me that you feel is important to you?.......
To me it is important to convey to you that a coming ' Better World Is Near '.
People might wonder, Is an end to violence and war realistic, and what Bible promise gives us hope?
This promise, this hope, is found at Psalms 37:10-11 that the time is coming when the wicked will be no more,
and this hope ties in nicely with Jesus' promise found at Matthew 5:5 that humble meek people will inherit the Earth.
The theme of Jesus' teaching was about the ' good news ' of God's kingdom or government.- Luke 4:43; Daniel 2:44.
That Jesus, as King/Ruler of God's kingdom government, he will be the one who will usher in global Peace on Earth.
Before this happens the powers in charge will be saying, " Peace and Security...." but this coming rosy saying is just leading people down the 'primrose path' (Not real peace and safety). - 1 Thessalonians 5:2-3.
That rosy saying will prove to be the precursor to the coming great tribulation of Revelation 7:14,9.
Then, the ' sword-like executional words from Jesus' mouth ' will rid the Earth of the wicked.-Isaiah 11:3-4; Revelation 19:14-15
Jesus will bring ' healing ' to earth's nations as mentioned at Revelation 22:2.
Healing to the point that No one will say, " I am sick...." - Isaiah 33:24
Earth and its people will be healthy and happy as described in Isaiah 35th chapter.

Sirona

Hindu Wannabe
I wish you would listen to your heart for once, really listen to your heart and let go of prefabricated concepts of what you should be or what you ought to do.

There's this saying, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I try to live by that, to never harm others
I find Jesus even took the Golden Rule a step further with his New commandment found at John 13:34-35.
We are to have the same self-sacrificing love for others as he has.
In other words, we are now to love others 'more' than self, more than the Golden Rule.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I wish you would listen to your heart for once, really listen to your heart and let go of prefabricated concepts of what you should be or what you ought to do.
There's this saying, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.

Since the imperfect heart is like having a traitor living within us should we listen to it.
Before we do something the imperfect heart urges us to do something, but after we do it then the imperfect heart gives us all the reasons why we should not have done what we did in the first place.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
There is a simple one but extremely difficult to follow and that is treat others as you wish to be treated.
Besides the Golden Rule of Leviticus 19:18 Jesus gave a New commandment found at John 13:34-35.
To treat others as Jesus treated others.
In other words, treat others as Jesus wishes us to treat others: love others more than self - John 15:12-13.

Sirona

Hindu Wannabe
Since the imperfect heart is like having a traitor living within us should we listen to it.
Before we do something the imperfect heart urges us to do something, but after we do it then the imperfect heart gives us all the reasons why we should not have done what we did in the first place.

Any form of religion that teaches that you should silence your heart, your inner voice, your intuition, whatever you want to call it ... is suspicious to me and should best be approached with caution.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
What message would you like to convey to me that you feel is important to you?
What in your view/opinion would I benefit from by changing about whom am?

Isn't it just as important to be a listener, than it is to be the story teller?

Only that the questions are usually more important than the answers.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member

Nothing. You're on your own, Bud.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Any form of religion that teaches that you should silence your heart, your inner voice, your intuition, whatever you want to call it ... is suspicious to me and should best be approached with caution.
To me there is a BIG difference in silencing one's heart because the heart is the seat of motivation.
The 'imperfect heart' can have leanings towards the \wrong direction.
Just as a person's conscience can become calloused hardened like flesh seared by a hot branding iron.
So, one's heart and one's conscience needs guidance. Guidance as found in religious truth.
For Jesus: Scripture is religious truth - John 17:17

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
@Conscious thoughts ...

If you sprinkle while you tinkle, please be neat and wipe the seat. :)

Also...

I don't swim in your toilet, so don't pee in my pool.

I think as long as you remember this, the world will run as it should.

stevecanuck

There is no such thing as a creator. Anyone who prays is talking to the empty sky. Take control of your own life and don't leave anything to magic sky daddies.