• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you hate about Christ (Christianity)?

Catholicus

I agree with you whole heartily ,The founders of Christianity were very dark people,who did a lot of wicked things,There has been two posts about the Dark History of Christianity and The Church!! and I feel that spirit is still circulating today.They may have changed a few things but they are the same,when it comes to Dogma and wanting control over the people,I feel that is a shame that everything you could do to communicate with God and the divine are considered a sin!!Why are they so scared of us communicating with the spiritual Realm and being enlightened? and the fact that they feel Christianity and the Bible are totally right!! and everyone else is in the dark,sinners and going to hell just because we believe something else. I use to want to educate Christians of a different and beautiful way to live happier and more spiritual,but I gave up,cause they are so closed minded,and to me brain washed!! once again remember this is just my opinion.I know say;if that is what floats your boat,then sail on!!!

There is a veil between us and the spiritual realm.

It is there for our own protection.

Where are all these Non-Christians living beautiful and happy lives ?

They don't exist.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
God respects some people's wish to be eternally evil.

He won't turn them into kindly puppets nor annihilate them - thus robbing them of their liberty and wish to be eternally evil (whatever the cost).

And he created that, thus he is responsible. Humans can't have free will without God, because if free will is not from God, then God didn't create everything and thus God is not God.

Catholicus

Want to know the reality of Christianity?

One day I suddenly realized all of this was nothing more than just a bunch of people in a room talking about things and pretending that things are happening, when in fact nothing at all was going on.

The world continued on unabated and unaffected. The electricity still flowed through the lights in the room, the air conditioner did its thing, if it was raining outside, it just continued to rain, the sun shone through the windows like it always has, the birds and the wildlife did their thing outside, while people remained in a room talking singing, making believe that things are going on as the voices simply echoed off the walls.

I'm sorry that you lost your faith.

But the Christian Faith is true nonetheless.

Catholicus

I don't just hate Christianity. I hate all religious organization in general. How much damage they do to modern society is the main cause of my hatred, but that doesn't mean I don't think people can be religious they can, but I don't want there organizations to have political power.

Religion can't be solitary - it is a community exercise, therefore must be organised.

No society can exist without religion - which is why our modern, non-religious societies are collapsing.

Catholicus

Okay.......Did you not read what I wrote!! Okay, let me say it another way,maybe you'll understand: Never once did I say Jesus was dark!! I said Christianity and Christians and the church have a dark history!!!!!! Ok, let me spell it out for you: C H R I S T I A N I T Y H A S A D A R K H I S T O R Y !!! Got it?

All human histories are dark and grim.

Only Christianity has brought light into human history.

I also understand that most Christians believe in that dogma of hell but not all of them. Myself being one.

What’s real that I can speak of when it comes to my own life is that if I did something stupid, hell would follow for myself as well as other.

I’d have to agree that hell becomes dogma in many other ways it’s used.

Catholicus

Awwww that is so sad, trust me,non-Christians are very much holy and much more merciful than the God you portray in the bible!! Why,I say that? Because we don't order to kill or throw people in the fiery pits of hell or pluck out eyes and etc. because they believe in something different and not following what Christians say people should do and think, or doing something the bible says not to do!! That is having" Mercy!!" <We surely sincerely are more merciful than God!!!

By Christian teaching, God is infinitely kind and merciful.

If it was up to God, everyone would go to Heaven.

Unfortunately it's up to us as human beings - and some people choose evil and thus don't make it to Heaven.

Catholicus

How are we defining "the world?" Didn't Confucianism transform the Middle Kingdom? Is China not a large part of the world?

Countries like China and India - despite their wonderful civilisations - were very much stuck in a groove of Custom (despite Confucius, despite the Buddha) until the West with its Christian ideas burst in on them.

The Chinese were greater inventors (e.g. paper, gunpowder) than the Europeans - but it was the Christians who had the Judaeo-Christian philosophy of God controlling a rational universe (and, unlike Allah, respecting His own laws) - who made the scientific breakthrough.

Catholicus

What I wrote still applies even if God doesn't actively send people there. The existence of Hell depends upon God not only to create it but also to allow its continued existence. Even if you argue that humans themselves created Hell, there's nothing that an omnipotent god couldn't unmake if he so desired.

Yes, but only by destroying the liberty of His rational creations, angels and human beings.

Hell began when Lucifer and his angels launched a failed coup d'etat against God (who is Goodness) and became eternally evil in consequence.

God didn't want them to become evil.