1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Featured What do you hate about Christ (Christianity)?

Discussion in 'Religious Debates' started by PopeADope, Jul 11, 2019.

1. PopeADope

PopeADope Habemus papam

Ratings:
    +5,820
    Religion:
    Amish Taliban
    Beautiful post! :)

I'm a Shinto Christian. I accept Jesus as my Lord and Savior, but I do not believe the Bible is without error.

I believe all spirits become Kami (Shinto divinities).

I believe the dead are more enlightened than the living because they do not have the flesh to drag them down and fight the spirit.

Shinto practitioners create shrines to the deceased family members and heroes. A dead family member becomes a family Kami, a spirit that assists the family.

yasukuni shrine has a book of souls where millions of names and birthdays and photographs of soldiers who died for the emperors are enshrined.

I keep shrines to Ted Bundy victims and all kinds of victims of atrocities and even suicide victims. I pray for their souls, attend holy Mass and pray for them, receive holy Communion for them and offer them the Treasures of the holy Eucharist.

Am I still a Christian?

2. Diamond

Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +42
    Religion:
    New Age (But it's not really considered a religion)
    Y
    no one has the right to say that someone else is not holy!!!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Diamond

Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +42
    Religion:
    I would actually say that you are much more enlightened than Christians are, I myself don't want to be classified with them at all. I consider you and me, spiritual and enlightened!! We listen to God directly not by "The words in the bible",that was written by man and can not be proven as right,true or real.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Zita

Zita Solitary Eclectic Witch

Ratings:
    +96
    Religion:
    Witchcraft
    You said a mouth full!! and so absolutely true. I won't say I hate Christians I try not to say I hate anyone,but I have a very strong dislike for them and their Bible because They consider themselves so righteous and the right ones!! and the ones who don't agree with their teachings are lost and can't make it into heavens door. I personally don't like them because I am a witch and my practice is witchcraft so according to them I am hell bound no stop,go straight to hell. and in the past they Killed my kind,said everything we do is of Satan.not realizing that we don't even believe in their entity "Satan"!!! There are a lot of Christian witches in this world,most believe in God but embrace our practices because "Christians" aren't as spiritual as they pretend or as knowledgeable as they think,they really don't have a clue,where as Witches and New age believers are very connected to the Divine Spiritual world.But hey, everyone is entitled to worship and believe anything they want to,they just need to stop being so arrogant and believing they are the only ones that are going to heaven and they are the ones that know everything dealing with religion and God, and that the bible is God's Instructions to the world and if you don't believe in those scriptures and no way following that book called the bible you are blasphemers. Actually, it's kind of sad, I feel they are gonna have a rude awaking after their physical bodies die!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Shadow Wolf

Shadow Wolf Crazy Diamond

Ratings:
    +18,578
    Religion:
    God is in the Rain
    Makes a great case for promoting and encouraging abortion.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Zita

Ratings:
    +96
    Religion:
    Witchcraft
    Awwww that is so sad, trust me,non-Christians are very much holy and much more merciful than the God you portray in the bible!! Why,I say that? Because we don't order to kill or throw people in the fiery pits of hell or pluck out eyes and etc. because they believe in something different and not following what Christians say people should do and think, or doing something the bible says not to do!! That is having" Mercy!!" <We surely sincerely are more merciful than God!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Zita

Ratings:
    +96
    Religion:
    Witchcraft
    This is why I believe the Bible is a fictional book wrote by man,to control God's people cause if God really had anything to do with the bible you wouldn't have to decide if it's figurative or not, God would make it plain and simple to understand so there would be no need for different denominations teaching different things they would all be saying the same thing not disagreeing with each other or picking scriptures and wording it different to have it their way to serve their own purpose. Also I feel If he is all knowing he would have known all the confusion it would cause and that his people would be divided because of it,and I feel he would not have even given permission for such a Manuel to be written in the first place.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Zita

Ratings:
    +96
    Religion:
    Witchcraft
    Can you prove all that is true?

9. Zita

Ratings:
    +96
    Religion:
    Witchcraft
    actually,we have no proof of Paul turning Jesus into Christ and invented the Christian religion, as you said these are stories passed down.

10. PopeADope

PopeADope Habemus papam

Ratings:
    +5,820
    Religion:
    Amish Taliban
    I am a Christian, I love your post and I do not condemn you. I believe you to be motivated by good healthy spirits it would seem. I believe you to have a stronger connection to the supernatural world than most people, and the spirits that influence you are very compassionate.

I'm not saying I know you, but your words indicate you are a creature who has enlightenment , love of nature, and seeks unity with supernatural entities that are good Kami.

I would liken you to the good witch in The wizard of Oz, and would be honored to receive your blessing or spell, even though I am a follower of Christ.

Keep seeking enlightenment and unity with heavenly beings. Christ does not condemn you , and magic all comes from the same source as Grace, from the same creator.

I'm sorry and my heart hurts to see how Christians have treated people like you. :(

I'm sure there are other Christians like me who are fond of a good witch or wonderful wizard.

11. PopeADope

PopeADope Habemus papam

Ratings:
    +5,820
    Religion:
    Amish Taliban
    yes, rather than follow an ancient text written by men that contradicts itself, we follow the word of God as it is written in our hearts.

12. The Reverend Bob

The Reverend Bob Fart Machine and Beastmaster

Ratings:
    +1,742
    Religion:
    Non-realist
    Please expound on this. I would certainly love to learn more on how dark Jesus and Paul were, but I don't think you are just talking about the skin color of Mediterranean Jews

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Zita

Ratings:
    +96
    Religion:
    Witchcraft
    Oh wow, thank you so much for your kind words and acceptance I think you are more spiritually connected then you realize,I too pay attention to how people word things and you my dear,are a very very wise Creation of God,Honestly you would do well to follow Christ but not limit yourself by putting a label on your Spirituality and Knowledge by calling yourself Christian!! They have limits and orders and rules and dogma and judgmental views, I can tell that is not what you are all about.But if you feel you must say your a Christian that is your decision and prerogative, I was just expressing how I feel!! I like people by how sincere they are and if they operate out of love!! and you definitely do that!! and I will send you the white and gold light of the divine, that you continue to grow and grow in your spiritual path!! and to realize how absolutely blessed you really are already!! :innocent:

14. Deeje

Deeje Avid Bible Student
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +5,283
    Religion:
    Christian JW
    The Bible is an amazing book, not only because of how long it has survived but because of prophesy being fulfilled right now, and the hope it gives for the future, especially when things look grim.
    Sure it has rules, but those who have hearts aligned to God's don't have a problem with them.

The problem as I see it is, because humans have distorted the meaning of what the Bible teaches, God reveals his truth only to those who are genuine seekers. He knows who they are. No one comes to a knowledge of God through his Christ without an invitation from the Father. (John 6:65)

Humans also have an innate selfishness that leads them to want only their own way....if their way conflicts with God's way, they will ditch his before they ever ditch their own. That in itself speaks volumes about who they worship....usually themselves.

You have to make allowance for the fact that God is all knowing and can see into the future as easily as we see the events of today. He knows where to intervene and when not to in the case of those who are seeking the truth.
    The condition of the heart....willingness to be taught, even things that you might not want to know or hear....the propensity to accede to God's will at the sacrifice of your own...all contribute to how God sees us and how that will affect our future. We tell God who we are without uttering a word.

If the god you want to exist is merely a reflection of yourself, then there is your god. There is no room for the true God in such a person.

No one can "prove" that the Bible is true. If it was all provable, we would need no faith.....but faith, hope and love is what true Christianity is all about. How that faith, hope and love is expressed speaks volumes about where our heart is.

15. Diamond

Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +42
    Religion:
    I don't know anything about how dark Jesus or Paul were, I said Christianity has a dark history,remember this I don't believe in the bible.

16. The Reverend Bob

The Reverend Bob Fart Machine and Beastmaster

Ratings:
    +1,742
    Religion:
    Non-realist
    Please instruct me on the evil darkness of Jesus

17. TheBannerofHomuraAkemi

TheBannerofHomuraAkemi Active Member

Ratings:
    +371
    Religion:
    Madokaism
    I don't just hate Christianity. I hate all religious organization in general. How much damage they do to modern society is the main cause of my hatred, but that doesn't mean I don't think people can be religious they can, but I don't want there organizations to have political power.

18. Diamond

Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +42
    Religion:
    Then if you can't prove it don't quote scriptures to make your point!!! and if you could prove the bible is true you would still need faith that it works for the year 2019,and I guess there aren't to many true Christians in the world,because Love is far from the way Christians are to those of us who don't believe in your Bible or Christianity, also you always talk about the good stuff someone wrote in the bible!! what about the orders to kill certain people,stone some people,throw some in hell,drown everyone except one family, one who judges people and punishes people , send plagues on people to suffer and die ,what about the treatment of women and the list goes on and on!! so I guess since you totally accept this violence that is in the bible you must agree it was needed, whew!! If that's the Love Christians have, I don't want it!!!! nor need it, and if the version in the bible of Your true God is true.No thanks, I'll stick with not believing those words wrote by man in the bible and honoring the Creator I believe in the one who loves and accepts me just as I am and the one who doesn't want me following what others say but wants me to seek and believe in him for myself and that I know he could never be as the bible says he is!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Diamond

Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +42
    Religion:
    Exactly!!!!!

20. Diamond

Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +42
    Religion:
    Okay.......Did you not read what I wrote!! Okay, let me say it another way,maybe you'll understand: Never once did I say Jesus was dark!! I said Christianity and Christians and the church have a dark history!!!!!! Ok, let me spell it out for you: C H R I S T I A N I T Y H A S A D A R K H I S T O R Y !!! Got it?