• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you hate about Christ (Christianity)?

Catholicus

You seem to be implying that Adam didn't have sinful DNA but yet he sinned anyway. That would mean that Adam's sin caused all humans after him to have sinful DNA.

But it's not DNA in itself that is sinful. What makes DNA sinful is God's LAW.

The introduction of God's command to Adam caused Adam's DNA to become sinful.

Er, no - Adam could have obeyed God's law and remained sinless.

Catholicus

All I want to say about this is what I say about all religions. Part of what I see hiding the light of God in all of them, and even repelling people away from it, is the attachment of their followers to their beliefs, worshipping their beliefs about God, in the place of God.

But how can we have any idea of God without beliefs about God ?

Even mystics belong to faith traditions.

Catholicus

While I can't say that I hate Christianity (it's far too broad a spectrum for that) this is a major point of contention for me. I'm aware that this isn't something that all Christians believe and that Hell is by no means exclusive to Christianity. For those who do believe in it though, It's a concept that strikes me as utterly sadistic.

The idea of eternal suffering is horrific beyond expression. To couple that with the idea of an entirely good god and the righteousness of such a punishment is downright dangerous. Putting aside the staggering mental gymnastics and excuses required to reconcile those two beliefs, holding that burning somebody forever is justified means that there are no limits to what can be done to a person. Any and all torture, coercion, bigotry and political manipulation can be justified by the claim that it's all in the name of saving souls.

Eternal hell makes God a monster and permits his followers to perform monstrous acts in his name.

Hell is a magnet drawing wicked people - but they only go there if they choose to.

No one is sent to Hell by God (who is infinitely merciful and forgiving) - unrepentantly evil people merely gravitate there.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
But how can we have any idea of God without beliefs about God ?

Even mystics belong to faith traditions.
Are you telling us that one millisecond before believing in God, you had no idea of of God?

Ciao

- viole

Catholicus

Is the night sky evidence of your God, or of any God?

Ciao

- viole

Well, yes - it didn't create itself.

Created by nature or natural processes ?

But it was God who created them.

The First Cause of everything must be either God or blind Chance.

The latter explanation is far-fetched and absurd.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
What do you dislike about Jesus?

I ask mods to be lenient to those who vent their grievances, for I'm trying to understand hatred for Christianity and it's founder. My goal is not to stir up insults towards a Religion, but rather my goal is to understand better why people despise the religion and it's founder, and some of that can be learned even by letting them vent their hatred. I have gone through times where I hated Christianity and hated Jesus, even hated hearing the name. I'm just trying to understand why. (It's kind of difficult to hate someone who loves his enemies and forgives those who crucified him.)

If you hate Christ or hate Christianity, please be honest and transparent, but in a way that will educate me and perhaps others who share this interest, not in a way that violated the rules.

I don't want any hatred in my heart. However, there is something I still hate about Christianity. This idea that those who die without accepting Jesus as Lord and savior go to hell to be miserable for ever is just ridiculous, but so prevalent. Does he really love them? If he's going to send them to hell for simply not believing a doctrine about an unseen entity, how could that in any way be reconciled with love. He told us to love our enemies. If he doesn't follow his own advice, doesn't that make him a hypocrite? So, the hell Dogma is actually very unchristian in my opinion. To hell with it! :p

This common belief that a person cannot be enlightened, informed, rehabilitated, and convert after death bothers me as well.
I don't hate Christ or Christians. Hate is a pointless emotion serving no purpose.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Well, yes - it didn't create itself.

Created by nature or natural processes ?

But it was God who created them.

The First Cause of everything must be either God or blind Chance.

The latter explanation is far-fetched and absurd.

I repeat, would that be evidence of your God, or of any God?

Ciao

- viole

Spiderman

Veteran Member
If a person understands who Jesus is - and what He embodies - they are in danger of Hell if they refuse to have faith in Him.

Many people in the world don't have this choice, because - through ignorance or misunderstanding - they don't understand who and what Jesus is; and in this world, never will.

Nevertheless, Jesus has other ways communicating with human souls at an unconscious level.

Therefore there are good people who aren't Christians in an everyday, practical sense - but who will be saved nonetheless, because somewhere deep inside themselves, Jesus has got through to them and converted them (without their conscious knowledge) !

Only Jesus Himself can distinguish between a friend and a foe of His.
Love your posts! :D

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Jesus confronts you about your sin ....
God has provided a way to him ...
if you reject that provision, then I guess you/we get what we have prayed for

So you think of peaceful Hindu like Gandhi deserves an eternity of torture?

A peaceful Muslim or Jew deserves an eternity of torture?

Because they died without accepting Jesus as Lord and savior?

And how is that just?

I guess I am more merciful than God!
This is debatable:hugehug:

But from both the replies I can say that @PopeADope is more merciful than @Cleary

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
No - you're thinking of Atheism.
Want to know the reality of Christianity?

One day I suddenly realized all of this was nothing more than just a bunch of people in a room talking about things and pretending that things are happening, when in fact nothing at all was going on.

The world continued on unabated and unaffected. The electricity still flowed through the lights in the room, the air conditioner did its thing, if it was raining outside, it just continued to rain, the sun shone through the windows like it always has, the birds and the wildlife did their thing outside, while people remained in a room talking singing, making believe that things are going on as the voices simply echoed off the walls.

Erebus

Hell is a magnet drawing wicked people - but they only go there if they choose to.

No one is sent to Hell by God (who is infinitely merciful and forgiving) - unrepentantly evil people merely gravitate there.

If God is the creator of all, he created Hell and the laws governing how a person might be drawn into it. If God is all knowing, he's aware of who will be drawn into hell long before they're born. If God is infinitely merciful and forgiving he would not tolerate even one soul to suffer eternal Hell. If God is all powerful, he could be rid of Hell entirely.

Placing the blame for Hell's existence on the people who go there doesn't work if you believe that God possesses those qualities.

Diamond

I ask mods to be lenient to those who vent their grievances, for I'm trying to understand hatred for Christianity and it's founder. My goal is not to stir up insults towards a Religion, but rather my goal is to understand better why people despise the religion and it's founder, and some of that can be learned even by letting them vent their hatred. I have gone through times where I hated Christianity and hated Jesus, even hated hearing the name. I'm just trying to understand why. (It's kind of difficult to hate someone who loves his enemies and forgives those who crucified him.)

If you hate Christ or hate Christianity, please be honest and transparent, but in a way that will educate me and perhaps others who share this interest, not in a way that violated the rules.

I don't want any hatred in my heart. However, there is something I still hate about Christianity. This idea that those who die without accepting Jesus as Lord and savior go to hell to be miserable for ever is just ridiculous, but so prevalent. Does he really love them? If he's going to send them to hell for simply not believing a doctrine about an unseen entity, how could that in any way be reconciled with love. He told us to love our enemies. If he doesn't follow his own advice, doesn't that make him a hypocrite? So, the hell Dogma is actually very unchristian in my opinion. To hell with it! :p

This common belief that a person cannot be enlightened, informed, rehabilitated, and convert after death bothers me as well.

I agree with you whole heartily ,The founders of Christianity were very dark people,who did a lot of wicked things,There has been two posts about the Dark History of Christianity and The Church!! and I feel that spirit is still circulating today.They may have changed a few things but they are the same,when it comes to Dogma and wanting control over the people,I feel that is a shame that everything you could do to communicate with God and the divine are considered a sin!!Why are they so scared of us communicating with the spiritual Realm and being enlightened? and the fact that they feel Christianity and the Bible are totally right!! and everyone else is in the dark,sinners and going to hell just because we believe something else. I use to want to educate Christians of a different and beautiful way to live happier and more spiritual,but I gave up,cause they are so closed minded,and to me brain washed!! once again remember this is just my opinion.I know say;if that is what floats your boat,then sail on!!!

Diamond

If God is the creator of all, he created Hell and the laws governing how a person might be drawn into it. If God is all knowing, he's aware of who will be drawn into hell long before they're born. If God is infinitely merciful and forgiving he would not tolerate even one soul to suffer eternal Hell. If God is all powerful, he could be rid of Hell entirely.

Placing the blame for Hell's existence on the people who go there doesn't work if you believe that God possesses those qualities.

Nicely said

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian

I dislike the notion of a deceased infant whose soul gets a free pass straight to Heaven, or at least an escape from either the sufferings of this world or from an eternal Hell; all the meanwhile, my soul must suffer though the trials and tribulations of this world for testing my faith being worthy of Heaven as well as me being saved from eternal Hell.; I think this would be so unfair for those of us living beyond the age of accountability.

Last edited: