• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you do?

Evenstar

The Wicked Christian
What do you do most days? If you work, what kind of work do you do? Are you retired? If so, what did you used to do for a living? Are you unemployed? Your better half work? Do you still live at home or go to school? What would you like to do, if in school, once you graduate?

Mike182

Flaming Queer
Evenstar said:
What do you do most days? If you work, what kind of work do you do? Are you retired? If so, what did you used to do for a living? Are you unemployed? Your better half work? Do you still live at home or go to school? What would you like to do, if in school, once you graduate?
im at college monday-friday

i work friday 5-10 at night at the local supermarket, and i work sunday mornings as well :eek:

i study history, sociology, and RE

im aiming to go to a universtiy college in York at the end of this year, to study RE/theology

but most of my time is actually spent on here :biglaugh:

Evenstar

The Wicked Christian
I, myself am a stay at home mum with 3 children. I homeschool my kids too.
Before having my children I had many jobs.... from working in top hotels, body piercer, and been in the Army.​
Jack of all trades master of none :eek:

Evenstar

The Wicked Christian
Mike182 said:
im at college monday-friday

i work friday 5-10 at night at the local supermarket, and i work sunday mornings as well :eek:

i study history, sociology, and RE

im aiming to go to a universtiy college in York at the end of this year, to study RE/theology

but most of my time is actually spent on here :biglaugh:
Ah! so your one of the smart bunnies then :D

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
I'm an over the road trucker, work out of Southern Indiana, with runs to Tx, Ar, Mo, Tn, La, Ms, Ga, Al, Wi, Ia, Mn, Il, Mi, Oh, Va, Pa, NJ, Md, WV, Ky, NC, SC, And on rare occasion, N.Y.C. Home most weekends.

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
I'm still in High school, and i hate it. Once i graduate, which will be in May, (so when i get there, you'd better all say congratulations for making it out without killing someone or myself) I have the summer to go to Europe in June, and lounge/ hang out with friends in July, before going to College at the University of Arizona. I'll be leaving in August. I'm stoked, cant wait to get out! *does little dance*

Oh yeah, forgot to mention I'll be majoring in Philosophy, and I'll be a baton twirler on the team they have there.... if any of you live in Tucson, you should come to see me in the fall!

Mike182

Flaming Queer
Evenstar said:
Ah! so your one of the smart bunnies then :D
can't you tell :eek: no, oh well :biglaugh:

a body piercer, niiiice - im wanting to get one of my right ear pierced at the top, for a silver stud :D

Darkdale

World Leader Pretend
Evenstar said:

I am a full time student a George Mason University and I work full time for an insurance company. My goal is to teach history, government, and social studies at the high school level.

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
Buttons* said:
I'm still in High school, and i hate it. Once i graduate, which will be in May, (so when i get there, you'd better all say congratulations for making it out without killing someone or myself) I have the summer to go to Europe in June, and lounge/ hang out with friends in July, before going to College at the University of Arizona. I'll be leaving in August. I'm stoked, cant wait to get out! *does little dance*
Which school in Az and what you going to major in, if you don't mind me asking!

Evenstar

The Wicked Christian
Mike182 said:
can't you tell :eek: no, oh well :biglaugh:

a body piercer, niiiice - im wanting to get one of my right ear pierced at the top, for a silver stud :D
Well you have been invited out Mike, and ill pierce it for free.... :D

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
Darkdale said:
I am a full time student a George Mason University and I work full time for an insurance company. My goal is to teach history, government, and social studies at the high school level.
Very good! I'm impressed! Or schools need more teachers with passion, like you express in here. :)

Cynic

Evenstar said:
My MOS is 25 foxtrot (network switch systems operator/maintainer). This involves telecommunications systems, cisco routing, etc. I'm basically combat support. Other than that, I train in the field with weapons, which includes the M-16 A2. But, the army is not for me, and I'm finally transitioning back to the civilian world in less than two months. I'm planning on getting a PHD in counseling psychology. If not a PHD, then a masters, hopefully.

cardero

Citizen Mod
I am a video game tester, film and book critic, author, comic book artist and musician.

Actually, I am toll booth collector but since I do all those things in the toll booth and they pay me for it, those occupations sound a lot more impressive than a toll booth collector.

Evenstar

The Wicked Christian
Well just with Mike, Buttons, DarkDale and Cynic... it tells me we sure have some smart people in here.
No wonder I always feel out of my league :eek:.​

Mike182

Flaming Queer
Evenstar said:
Well just with Mike, Buttons, DarkDale and Cynic... it tells me we sure have some smart people in here.
No wonder I always feel out of my league :eek:.​
but your kindness with words blows away pure heartless logic any day :hug:

and jeff, well, it deffinatley wouldn't be the same with out him ;)

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
cardero said:
I am a video game tester, film and book critic, author, comic book artist and musician.

Actually, I am toll booth collector but since I do all those things in the toll booth and they pay me for it, those occupations sound a lot more impressive than a toll booth collector.
New York thruway? You might have taken my money before! ? :D

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
Mike182 said:
but your kindness with words blows away pure heartless logic any day :hug:

and jeff, well, it deffinatley wouldn't be the same with out him ;)
I completely agree! I'm not that smart... i just like to pretend i am! :bonk:

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
I'm a college student Monday through Thursday (our school cut out Friday because of rising gas prices, and most of the students there aren't exactly rolling in money to begin with), and Friday through Sunday I'm a lazy bum! :p When I don't have to study, anyway. I'm trying to find places to volunteer, but there don't seem to be too many places to do so besides the animal shelters. My ultimate goal is to do work with charities (and if anyone knows the 'official' term for that, please tell me! :)), and I'd be especially thrilled if I could work with Peace Corps.

And Jeffrey: Awesome, my grandpa was a trucker for a long time! Do you have any pets you take with you? I remember before he retired he loved taking our golden retriever with him.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Buttons* said:
I completely agree! I'm not that smart... i just like to pretend i am! :bonk:
Rubbish!

Me, I was medically retired from the bank for which I worked, back in 1994, because I was sufferring from very bad stress, and depression.

I had worked for the Bank for going on 25 years:ignore: , done every job from making the tea to being a manager. I am now at home (and now physically disabled), learning all the component programs from the Microsoft Office suite at the local College. I was a student there and left in 1969; it hasn't changed a bit.

I have though.:D

I help with the housework (when my wife isn't looking over my shoulder telling me off for doing things the wrong way), and spend whatever time I can on the Forum..............not that anyone would have noticed, of course!:biglaugh:

Squirt

cardero said:

Hey, maybe you collected a toll from me when I was driving through upstate New York last summer. :D New York state is sure pretty!