• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

what do you do when you have a cold?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
- Rest.
- Hot chocolate...sometimes with whiskey.
- Vegetate in front of the boob tube....more than usual.
- Soup, soup, & more soup.

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I go about things almost as if i didn't have it, and just be much more grumpy than usual.

The only thing i do differently is i avoid people as much as i can, for their sake and mine.

ametist

I feel dizzy in a strange way because some of my enzymes are broke due to change of fever and this causes me to day dream or lay without thinking nothing. :) I feel just like a kid and very silly in either cases.
I drink herbal teas but can never see the bottom of the cup..because pretty much like all things they taste horrible when you have a cold.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Garlic, ginger, chili, onion, lemon and honey in a thermos. Drink it during the day, and the days after until you feel better.
And yes, chicken/vegetables soup.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Zinc tablets(Cold-Eeze)- they work
Hot tea(preferably green) with Lemon honey and whiskey about 1hour before bed.
Maybe something to clear my nose before bed so I sleep well.

Lifesavers- for a sore throat - my doctor recommends them over lozenges
Sugarless gum - I find chewing makes me feel better.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
All I do is tend to use quite a bit more Kleenex.

Colds don't slow me down much... then again, I am almost never ill and rarely get colds.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Cold and cough remedies don't work on me, no idea why. So I just tough it out, though I might take an anti-inflammatory and/or anti-histamine to reduce the sinus and nasal inflammation. Otherwise I try to eat spicy things to help clear out my sinuses. Oh, and I'm more whiny than usual. :p

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]
What do you do to feel better or to pass time when you have a cold?
Well, at the very first sign that I might be coming down with one, I take
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Zicam, and that usually stops the cold from developing at all.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]If that first line of defense doesn't work, then I take Claritin-D for the[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]duration, and it drastically reduces any symptoms. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Beyond that, I just go about my day as I normally would. :yes:

-
[/FONT]