• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Do You Do (Have You Done) to Help Others?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
What do you do to share you wealth (spiritually, financially, religiously, psychologically, physiologically) with others?

Do you sacrifice you(rself) to bring well-being unto others?

What have you done for others lately?

Be loud and be proud!

Jesster

Friendly skeptic
Premium Member
Oh gosh. Loud and proud? I get all bashful when people want me to brag. :flushed:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I gave too much of myself lately, to the point my doctor put me on medical leave due to severe major depression.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
What do you do to share you wealth (spiritually, financially, religiously, psychologically, physiologically) with others?

Be loud and be proud!
I go to a different Church and the Bishop has rules for what I can say and I try to improve people's lives. I give to United Nations Forced to Flee every month. I go without needed sleep and rest because I want to contribute to society as a worker even though I don't have to. I have two books to my name and try to help people out on this board. I sacrifice the things I want to be best friends with other people. I used to teach a self-esteem class.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member

Be loud and be proud!

I bestow my wisdom upon the members of this forum, enriching their lives. It's a selfless sacrifice, as I could've been playing minesweeper or something instead.

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Does the "done for others" count if you allow someone to continue their life by not killing them?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Does the "done for others" count if you allow someone to continue their life by not killing them?

I would consider this more of an act of non-doing, so I would have to say no. However, depending on how annoying the individual is to others, the opposite could be true.

outlawState

Deism is dead
The way I look at it is that sharing wealth with others is part of the communist bible, especially where that other owns a smart phone, and / or a TV. If you're rich enough to afford such things, and who isn't, then what you want expecting "my" money?

The only obligation on the Christian is to promote the gospel, and to that end service should be devoted. The question is a bit like asking Lot, living in Sodom, what he did to share his wealth with the inhabitants thereof? Considering how the inhabitants treated his visting angels, who can blame him if he spent most of his wealth on closed circuit CCTV, and protective walls and gates, and a sizeable security detail?

We must be careful not to fall victim to scammers, whether looking like religious who demand unscriptural tithes, or charities who frequently only donate a fraction of their income to charitable causes (and are sometimes bogus anyway) or looking like beggars who often earn more than those who do an honest day's work.

I think the question presupposes that someone is wealthy. Yet most are not, comparatively. Charity on any substantial scale is always a matter for the rich, not the average person. The issue is more about doing good when the opportunity arises out of the little that one has, and without any moral obligation to participate in social communism in an irrelegious society.