• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you do for a living?

Phaedrus

After doing retail most of my life, I decided it was time for a career change. Imagine someone my age getting into the medical field, but that is precisely what I did.

For a little more than a year now, I have been a CNA at a nursing home. I find the job to be satisfying because I am helping elderly people who cannot properly take care of themselves. I figure I will continue to do this until I retire.

What is it that you do for a living?

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
I've been a math professor for the last 33 years. I also run the Linux computers in my department.

One of the best jobs in the world! You get to help people, have a lot of free time, determine your own objectives, and when a student comes back to say you have inspired them, it is a wonderful feeling!

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
I joined the circus. On alternate days I am the world’s tallest dwarf or the world’s shortest giant.

Actually, my screen name says it all.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Nothing. Hubby and i built up an industrial graphics design company from scratch, starting when computers were just becoming affordable and common. In 2015 we were bought out by an international media company for enough cash that we could retire early and buy our dream home. We are currently lazing (i wish) in the gorgeous forested countryside of the Perigord Noir.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I'm in IT and I have been in it so long I can do nothing else until I retire, which can be in a little less than 8 years. Am I enjoying it? no. If what I know now, I knew when I were younger, I would have stayed in healthcare, and switched to the medical side of things.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
After doing retail most of my life, I decided it was time for a career change. Imagine someone my age getting into the medical field, but that is precisely what I did.

For a little more than a year now, I have been a CNA at a nursing home. I find the job to be satisfying because I am helping elderly people who cannot properly take care of themselves. I figure I will continue to do this until I retire.

What is it that you do for a living?
Professor of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering at a university in India.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
did you mean ju pa tai tai?
"Ju" = "pig", as in "ju rou" = "pork"?
(I'm referring the the Fear Wife Club my uncle inducted me into.)

Anyway, I was a design engineer once, then a landlord, & now still a landlord on a smaller scale.