• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Do You Believe?

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
No, 2,000 years ago Genesis 1:28 was Not fulfilled. ( Earth to be fully populated )
No, 2,000 years ago Luke 21:11 was Not on the scale as Luke wrote that earthquakes would be 'GREAT' quakes.
No, 2,000 years ago the '4 horsemen' not riding on the grand scale that they are today - Revelation 6:2-8
No, 2,000 years ago the selfish distorted form of love as described at 2 Timothy 3:1-5,13 was Not like today.
No, 2,000 years ago the good news of God's Kingdom (Daniel 2:44) was Not proclaimed on a 'grand international scale' as it is being done today; just as Jesus said it would be done at Matthew 24:14; Acts of the Apostles 1:8.
What is left to be seen but the 'final signal' of 1 Thessalonians 5:2-3.
The powers in charge will be saying, " Peace and Security..." but that rosy-sounding saying leads people down the primrose path, Not to Peace on Earth but first to the coming great tribulation of Revelation7:14, 9.

I've heard all the doomsday stuff before, sorry but I just don't believe claims of prophecy from bible text.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
.........We all have to die. It is easy to say that there is no universal meaning to life, but one can't know that for sure until they are dead :)

Whether a person finds 'meaning or purpose to life' which does Not hold out the 'HOPE' the Bible holds out for us.
Not the HOPE of 'knowing for sure until dead', but the HOPE of life - Acts of the Apostles 24:15
Resurrection back to live life for the sleeping dead, but as for the living people still alive at Jesus' coming Glory Time (Matthew 25:31-33,37) they do Not die. They can remain alive on Earth and continue to live on Earth and be here to see calendar Day One of Jesus' thousand-year reign over Earth.
What Jesus demonstrated on a small scale while on Earth, Jesus will be doing on a GRAND world-wide scale.
Jesus will bring ' healing ' to earth's nations as per Revelation 22:2; Isaiah 33:24.
Jesus will bring paradisical conditions to Earth as described at Isaiah 35th chapter.
Jesus will bring an end to ' enemy death ' according to 1 Corinthians 15:24-26; Isaiah 25:8
So, what Jesus knew for sure, and Jesus taught what he knew for sure.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I've heard all the doomsday stuff before, sorry but I just don't believe claims of prophecy from bible text.
The doomsday stuff you hear about is from MAN's doom-and-gloom Doom's Day Clock with its hands set close to striking the dark midnight hour.

The Bible is Not doomsday stuff because it is about paradisical 'Eden lost to Eden regained'.
As originally there was No death in Eden, there will be No more death on Earth - Isaiah 25:8; 1 Corinthians 15:26
As originally there was No sickness in Eden, there will be No sickness on Earth - Isaiah 33:24
Jesus is coming (Rev. 22:20) to bring HEALING to earth's nations - Revelation 22:2
Earth and its people will be HEALTHY as described in Isaiah's 35th chapter.
Not doom and gloom stuff, but world-wide 'health and happiness':) for both man and animals - Isaiah 11:6-9

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
The doomsday stuff you hear about is from MAN's doom-and-gloom Doom's Day Clock with its hands set close to striking the dark midnight hour.

The Bible is Not doomsday stuff because it is about paradisical 'Eden lost to Eden regained'.
As originally there was No death in Eden, there will be No more death on Earth - Isaiah 25:8; 1 Corinthians 15:26
As originally there was No sickness in Eden, there will be No sickness on Earth - Isaiah 33:24
Jesus is coming (Rev. 22:20) to bring HEALING to earth's nations - Revelation 22:2
Earth and its people will be HEALTHY as described in Isaiah's 35th chapter.
Not doom and gloom stuff, but world-wide 'health and happiness':) for both man and animals - Isaiah 11:6-9

Or maybe humans could take responsibility for their actions and try to fix things instead of relying on various interpretations of ancient texts.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I believe in God, the Father almighty,
creator of heaven and earth.
I believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord, I believe in the Holy Spirit, Of course there is no trinitarian formula yet.
In the Catholic Church the Trinity is not just another doctrine,
but the central doctrine, from which all others proceed.
... and I find that ' central doctrine ' developed later especially at the time of Constantine.
After the first century ended is when the apostasy started according to Luke at Acts of the Apostles 20:29-30.
So, that ' central doctrine ' is central to Christendom and Not to first-century Christianity.
Yes, Jesus is God's only-begotten Son, Yes, God's spirit is holy (Psalms 104:30; Job 33:4) but No biblical trinity.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Or maybe humans could take responsibility for their actions and try to fix things instead of relying on various interpretations of ancient texts.
I find humans have had a good 6,000 years to take responsibility for their actions, after all we are all free to act responsibly toward God, towards the Golden Rule, and towards Jesus' New commandment found at John 13:34-35.
I find in man's long history that it is man who has dominated man to man's hurt, to man's injury and I see No change.
Man can't direct his step, so this is why God will have Jesus step in and come to the rescue to save to deliver.
Jesus is like a life guard and Not a prison guard you want off your back, but Jesus is the Life Guard who says, " I've Got your Back ! "

Azrael Antilla

I find humans have had a good 6,000 years to take responsibility for their actions, after all we are all free to act responsibly toward God, towards the Golden Rule, and towards Jesus' New commandment found at John 13:34-35.
I find in man's long history that it is man who has dominated man to man's hurt, to man's injury and I see No change.
Man can't direct his step, so this is why God will have Jesus step in and come to the rescue to save to deliver.
Jesus is like a life guard and Not a prison guard you want off your back, but Jesus is the Life Guard who says, " I've Got your Back ! "
6000 years? Bishop Usher adding the ages of the biblical patriarchs together to determine the age of the Earth is not just unscientific, it's amusing.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member

We've also had thousands of years of failed bible interpretations. Let's try taking responsibility.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I am an atheist. Revelation 19:14 -15 is about as reliable as page 156 of The (Fellowship of the ring book 1 of 3) Lord of the Rings. Imo of course.
I don't know where the Trilogy is right here, been a long time, could you highlight page 156 for us.
Years ago we saw an animated movie film of the Lord of the Rings.
At the end the ring was thrown into the fire and WOW then the whole global Earth became like the paradise of Eden.

Azrael Antilla

I don't know where the Trilogy is right here, been a long time, could you highlight page 156 for us.
Years ago we saw an animated movie film of the Lord of the Rings.
At the end the ring was thrown into the fire and WOW then the whole global Earth became like the paradise of Eden.
No. Sauron was destroyed. Nothing about paradise is mentioned.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
6000 years? Bishop Usher adding the ages of the biblical patriarchs together to determine the age of the Earth is not just unscientific, it's amusing.
I am Not speaking about the age of the Earth ( CMBR is what dates the Universe and Earth )
I was speaking about 'man's recorded history' within the last 6,000 years, Not earth's history but man's.
Yes, Usher is amusing, but apparently he tried. Trying can be wrong, but that does Not make the Bible as wrong.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Those that live for the next world don't care about this one.
Wrong, God requires caring for the Earth - Genesis 1:28.
Care Takers care for themselves, whereas Care Givers care for the Earth and for others.
If a person shows No interest in caring for the Earth now, then there is No proof he will later care whether on Earth or in Heaven.
This is why God will bring to ruin those ruining the Earth - Revelation 11:18 B

Azrael Antilla

I am Not speaking about the age of the Earth ( CMBR is what dates the Universe and Earth )
I was speaking about 'man's recorded history' within the last 6,000 years, Not earth's history but man's.
Yes, Usher is amusing, but apparently he tried. Trying can be wrong, but that does Not make the Bible as wrong.
Modern homo sapiens is about 50 to 60 thousand years old. Just to confirm. As for the Bible. It is an interesting work of mythology prose and theology. As a non Christian however it's as truthful and reliable as any other holy book.

Azrael Antilla

Wrong, God requires caring for the Earth - Genesis 1:28.
Care Takers care for themselves, whereas Care Givers care for the Earth and for others.
If a person shows No interest in caring for the Earth now, then there is No proof he will later care whether on Earth or in Heaven.
This is why God will bring to ruin those ruining the Earth - Revelation 11:18 B
That's refreshing to hear. I hope you tell the others.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I believe there are much stronger feelings about pineapple and pizza than I ever realized!