• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Do You Believe?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I believe we're destroying earth and we need to change our ways.
I find because today's issues are now too BIG for mankind in general to handle is why we can read that God will step in and bring to ruin those ruining, those destroying the Earth - Revelation 11:18 B.

Last edited:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Except that monkey wrenches are intuitively easy to grasp.
To me, the monkey wrench that Satan threw in Eden should be easy to grasp:
If you were working in your garden and someone came along and interrupted you would you say because I was interrupted I will Not go back to my garden, or rather say as soon as the interruption is over I'll go back to the garden?
In other words, Satan only temporarily interrupted Eden, so once Jesus comes then Eden will be restored for us.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
A noble belief. That if was adopted by everyone, would create a paradise on Earth. Until we're invaded by hostile aliens capitalising on our lapse from making war machines and developing novel and exciting ways of killing each other. (Joke)
No need for hostile aliens to invade because it will be an 'invasion', just so to speak, of angelic armies with Jesus as leader according to Revelation 19:14-15.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
.......I do not believe in evolution or the big bang theory. I do not believe that the earth and universe are billions or even millions of years old. I have chosen to believe that it is more like 6,000 years old. I do not believe in ghosts or aliens. And...we are in end times.

I too believe we are in end times. The 'end times of badness on Earth' before Jesus comes - Revelation 22:20.
Comes and he brings Peace on Earth among persons of good will - Psalms 37:9-11; Psalms 92:7; Psalms 104:35

CMBR (Cosmic Microwave Background Radiation) dates the universe/earth because of the accuracy of microwaves.
There is Nothing out of harmony in Scripture with that. Please notice at Genesis 2:4 that ALL of the 6 creative days are summed up by the single word 'day'. So, as we speak of grandfather's day, or Noah's day, we know we are speaking about more than one particular day. Also, God's 7th day Rest Day is now more than a thousand years old.
Plus, there is nothing in Genesis to say how long each creative day was, or even if each day was of the same or of differing lengths of time.

Doesn't the Big Bang show a start or a beginning for physical/material creation __________
Genesis also informs us that the Universe and Earth had a beginning starting point.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I also believe in the apostles creed. I am undecided on how old the earth is.

What helps date the universe and Earth is the accuracy of microwaves.
Because of CMBR (Cosmic Microwave Background Radiation) is a reason for dating the Universe and Earth.
In Genesis it does Not inform us how long each creative day is, or if each day is the same or differing lengths of time.
We do know at Genesis 2:4 that ALL of the creative days are summed up by the single word ' day '.
So, in Genesis the word day has shades of meaning as we also use the word 'day' today to include more than a 24-hour day such as speaking about Noah's day or grandfather's day.

Does anyone righteous ever go to hell _______
I too believe with the creed that righteous Jesus on the day Jesus died he went to hell - Acts of the Apostles 2:27.
Where we differ is that I do Not believe dead Jesus went to any burning-flaming-roasting hell.
Not go to some religious-myth hell of burning forever, but to biblical hell the common temporary stone-cold grave.
If biblical hell was a permanent place with no way out, then Jesus would still be in hell.
Because Jesus and the OT both teach ' sheep ' in death, then Jesus was sleeping while in biblical hell/grave.
As per -> John 11:11-14; Psalms 6:5; Psalms 13:3; Psalms 115:17; Isaiah 38:18; Ecclesiastes 9:5

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
.............Where did God come from?
In Scripture, I find God is from everlasting ( No beginning, No ending ) - Psalms 90:2
Kind of like if we count time, we can count both forwards and backwards forever and ever without end.
If God came from __?__ then God would Not be Creator. Creator has No creator.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Has anyone noticed with the many postings of the Apostles Creed that the word Trinity is no where to be found? Yet what is found is the three 'persons' of the Trinity.
Huh, I find in the Creed that Jesus is seated at God's right hand - see Revelation 3:12.
So, the resurrected ascended-to-heaven Jesus still thinks he has a God over him.
There is No mention of any triune god or god head.

Azrael Antilla

No need for hostile aliens to invade because it will be an 'invasion', just so to speak, of angelic armies with Jesus as leader according to Revelation 19:14-15.
I am an atheist. Revelation 19:14 -15 is about as reliable as page 156 of The (Fellowship of the ring book 1 of 3) Lord of the Rings. Imo of course.

pearl

There is No mention of any triune god or god head.

I believe in God, the Father almighty,
creator of heaven and earth.

I believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord,

I believe in the Holy Spirit,

Of course there is no trinitarian formula yet.
In the Catholic Church the Trinity is not just another doctrine,
but the central doctrine, from which all others proceed.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
I find because today's issues are now too BIG for mankind in general to handle is why we can read that God will step in and bring to ruin those ruining, those destroying the Earth - Revelation 11:18 B.

That's been said for 2,000 years, I'll believe it if I see it.

muhammad_isa

No, what you think I deny climate change?

..many people do.
People deny all sorts of things. Humans are complex creatures. It is not a simple case of logic, as we all have different agendas.

Jesus is reported to have said that "it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."

Many people deny the above, as they are too connected with
worldly concerns, and we often aren't aware of why we say what we say.

We all have to die. It is easy to say that there is no universal meaning to life, but one can't know that for sure until they are dead :)

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
That's been said for 2,000 years, I'll believe it if I see it.
No, 2,000 years ago Genesis 1:28 was Not fulfilled. ( Earth to be fully populated )
No, 2,000 years ago Luke 21:11 was Not on the scale as Luke wrote that earthquakes would be 'GREAT' quakes.
No, 2,000 years ago the '4 horsemen' not riding on the grand scale that they are today - Revelation 6:2-8
No, 2,000 years ago the selfish distorted form of love as described at 2 Timothy 3:1-5,13 was Not like today.
No, 2,000 years ago the good news of God's Kingdom (Daniel 2:44) was Not proclaimed on a 'grand international scale' as it is being done today; just as Jesus said it would be done at Matthew 24:14; Acts of the Apostles 1:8.
What is left to be seen but the 'final signal' of 1 Thessalonians 5:2-3.
The powers in charge will be saying, " Peace and Security..." but that rosy-sounding saying leads people down the primrose path, Not to Peace on Earth but first to the coming great tribulation of Revelation7:14, 9.