• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Do You Believe?

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I believe there violin is the best instrument for a child to learn how to play. I think so because as I have personally noticed, anyone who plays the violin finds it easier to learn any other musical instrument. Also, the violin is pretty straight forward to learn. So its a good foundation. Probably the best musical instrument one could learn to play.

I played the cello as a kid. The violin was okay from a distance, but up close, the high pitched sound made me kinda cringe.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
it seems like, your whole belief system is also founded on enjoying and thriving on mocking others. Strange foundation. :D
Well obviously you have me mistaken for someone else. Not grasp the notion of consequences? Where some seem to think that expressing their bigoted hatred for others (as per homosexuals, for example) or their inane beliefs as to the Bible or other religious text being enough to explain reality is not likely to provoke replies. And these are so often the tip of the iceberg of silly beliefs. Mockery is an accepted form of attack for most beliefs - even if many think religious ones should somehow be exempt. Not so when they do harm others. :rolleyes:

I'm not mocking the religious belief itself, just the consequences for those who seem to drink too deeply and perhaps become more gullible by doing so.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
I beleive that most people are good,who do good things, and try to avoid causing harm to others.

I beleive that personal improvement ( moral, intellectual, emotional ) is the highest principle of human aspiration and is rewarded greatly by the Almighty God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

Psalm23

Well obviously you have me mistaken for someone else. Not grasp the notion of consequences? Where some seem to think that expressing their bigoted hatred for others (as per homosexuals, for example) or their inane beliefs as to the Bible or other religious text being enough to explain reality is not likely to provoke replies. And these are so often the tip of the iceberg of silly beliefs. Mockery is an accepted form of attack for most beliefs - even if many think religious ones should somehow be exempt. Not so when they do harm others. :rolleyes:

I'm not mocking the religious belief itself, just the consequences for those who seem to drink too deeply and perhaps become more gullible by doing so.

I believe unfortunately that there is a lot of hate in the world. I believe that we all should show love to one another.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
I believe unfortunately that there is a lot of hate in the world. I believe that we all should show love to one another.
No argument with that but it seems many can't do that simply because of interfering beliefs - and ones from so long ago as to not being that useful - given that we have moved on enormously since then. :oops:

Azrael Antilla

A noble belief. That if was adopted by everyone, would create a paradise on Earth. Until we're invaded by hostile aliens capitalising on our lapse from making war machines and developing novel and exciting ways of killing each other. (Joke)

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
What do you believe? This thread is open to expressing any kinds of beliefs be it beliefs from religion or not. Describe your beliefs concerning any subject of interest to you.
I believe God sometimes talks to me in my own language. Not like a secret dialect, but in ways only I can understand because it's tailored to my life circumstances. Those are amazing moments, although sometimes I see them only in the rear view mirror.

F1fan

Veteran Member
I believe that if a person wishes to have pineapple on their own pizza, they should be free to do so, without insult or condemnation.
In a double secret poll 87% of Americans admitted they liked pineapple on pizza. Of these 58% said they lie about it to family and friends to avoid abuse and condemnation.

F1fan

Veteran Member
I believe that we will change our ways eventually and that is already happening, but it is a gradual process that will unfold over time, it won't happen overnight.

I believe that because I am a Baha'i and we are very optimistic about the future.

Toward a New World Order?
Once the global population drops to about 3.5 billion then we can be very optimistic.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
What do you believe? This thread is open to expressing any kinds of beliefs be it beliefs from religion or not. Describe your beliefs concerning any subject of interest to you.
My firm, I won't budgeg on this beliefs are as follows: There is a God, the Creator, and he/she/it cares how we treat one another. This dovetails very nicely into Jewish observance.

Clara Tea

I believe in having no gods before the Creator of the heavens, earth, and life's creator.

Our genetic code's creator has left this mathematical pattern in our genetic code conveying to me the symbol of an Egyptian triangle as well as the number 37 embedded in our genetic code.
Eight of the canonical amino acids can be sufficiently defined by the composition of their codon's first and second base nucleotides. The nucleon sum of these amino acids' side chains is 333 (=37 * 3 squared), the sun of their block nucleons (basic core structure) is 592 (=37 * 4 squared), and the sum of their total nucleons is 925 (=37 * 5 squared ). With 37 factored out, this results in 3 squared + 4 squared = 5 squared, which is representative of an Egyptian triangle..

The mathematical pattern of the number 37 being used as a key factor for conveying an Egyptian triangle might be related to the gematria value of 37 appearing in the Hebrew language of Genesis 1:1.

You shall have no gods before the Creator of the heavens and earth, life's creator!

genesis%2B11%2Bvalues.png
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Universe concluded that the meaning of life is 42. It took hundreds of millions of years for the biggest computer in the universe to come to this conclusion.

RestlessSoul

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Universe concluded that the meaning of life is 42. It took hundreds of millions of years for the biggest computer in the universe to come to this conclusion.

Didn’t they then build another computer, to ask it what the question was?

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Many people in the forum know my views. I am a strong atheist and a Hindu. Why an atheist? Because I believe all things in the universe are constituted by 'physical energy' and there is nothing other than that in the universe. The existence or non-existence of energy (yes, energy may have a non-existent phase), creates all the drama in the universe. This does not require existence of a deity.