• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you believe is in the box?

Imagist

Worshipper of Athe.
I am going to be moving out of my apartment soon. Because of this, I have lots of cardboard boxes. One of these boxes is on my table. What do you believe is in the box?

I'm not asking for guesses. I'm asking for what you believe.

There is only one right answer.

(Moderators, I know that this doesn't seem like a religious debate, but please bear it out. I promise it is relevant.)

Last edited:

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
OK, I hope this isn't going where I think it is, but I'll play.

I don't know.

Imagist

Worshipper of Athe.
Why don't you believe there are books in the box?

(Keep in mind, I'm not saying that there are books in the box.)

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Oh, I replied before you edited the OP. Do you mean theist theists or believer theists?

Imagist

Worshipper of Athe.
Oh, I replied before you edited the OP. Do you mean theist theists or believer theists?

I'm not sure what you mean by this. For convenience, let's just let everyone answer the question. It's easier that way I guess.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
I'm not sure what you mean by this.
Well, I tend to default to the stricter meaning of "theist" as someone who believes in a theistic God, but I'm aware that others use it to mean believers in any God. I fall into the latter camp, but not the former, so I don't know whether the OP is addressed to me or not.

Imagist

Worshipper of Athe.
Well, I tend to default to the stricter meaning of "theist" as someone who believes in a theistic God, but I'm aware that others use it to mean believers in any God. I fall into the latter camp, but not the former, so I don't know whether the OP is addressed to me or not.

I see. Let's say that the question is targeted at people who believe in a god capable of thought and intent (such as a designer or creator god).

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
I see. Let's say that the question is targeted at people who believe in a god capable of thought and intent (such as a designer or creator god).
OK. I do.

So you don't have to review: I don't know what's in the box, because I haven't looked.

Imagist

Worshipper of Athe.
We have a few answers so far. Books, pizza, the one ring, nothing (because the box doesn't exist). Does anyone believe one of these answers? Why or why not?